Looking for a 1,500 meal plan - Mediterranean

Hello all,

I would love it if someone can share a simple 1,500 calorie meal plan. I live in Italy so it would be great if it used ingredients that I can find here (salmon, olive oil, eggs, etc.).

I appreciate it!!

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,937 Member
    edited April 2021
    I mostly eat Mediterranean and I just find meals I like and plug them into my FOOD diary and then tweak portions to make them fit. I think that's the best way for you to eat foods you like in portions that are appropriate. I'd highly suggest spending $15 on a digital food scale if you are watching calories.

It's really about learning nutrition. I have a good size portion of protein at two meals (eggs, meat, fish, dairy, and/or protein powder.) Lots of fresh whole fruit and vegetables all day. One full serving of fat (oil) per day and a half serving of cheese (14g cheese) then I have two pieces of bread and one portion of either oats, rice, pasta, potatoes or corn meal. Dairy, one cup of lowfat milk and a half cup of zero fat greek yogurt. Usually some nuts (like a half serving.) That is about 1700 calories.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Hello all,

I would love it if someone can share a simple 1,500 calorie meal plan. I live in Italy so it would be great if it used ingredients that I can find here (salmon, olive oil, eggs, etc.).

I appreciate it!!

I live in Italy too--36 yrs. Any foods you find are usually already in the data base. So, I second getting a digital food scale and weighing and measuring everything. It's a little hard to not eat the Med diet in Italy, unless you're going to the few ethnic restaurants or McDonalds. Good luck.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,966 Member
    If you want to be super-structured about it, EatThisMuch.com has Mediterranean as one of its dietary style options. The basic functions are free, with some premium features for more refinement. You put in a calorie goal, and number of meals per day, and it spits out a day's worth of eating recommendations, including recipes.

https://www.eatthismuch.com/
  • Thoin
    Thoin Posts: 942 Member
    Hello all,

I appreciate it!!

Here's a full week. There are many many good books and internet sites that are free for more information.

https://www.eatingwell.com/article/288737/7-day-mediterranean-meal-plan-1500-calories/

Example of Day 1

Breakfast (324 calories)
    1 serving Rainbow Frittata
    1 medium banana

A.M. Snack (123 calories)
    1 medium orange
    8 unsalted almonds

Lunch (374 calories)
    1 serving Green Salad with Pita Bread & Hummus

P.M. Snack (126 calories)
    1 cup raspberries
    1/2 cup whole-milk Greek yogurt
    1 Tbsp. chia seeds

Dinner (442 calories)
    1 serving Dijon Salmon with Green Bean Pilaf
    Daily Totals: 1,501 calories, 79 g protein, 151 g carbohydrates, 37 g fiber, 71 g fat, 1,640 mg sodium