Coronavirus prep

Replies

• Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,131 Member
    I had an almost immediate reaction to the 2nd Pfizer jab yesterday. It was a drive thru and the line yesterday was crazy long. I was in the car for almost 2 hrs before I got my shot (so I already had to pee like crazy AND had a headache). Anyway, no sooner had the gal came by to write the 15 minute mark on my windshield when I felt my heart start racing. I looked at my watch and it was strange to see it shoot up from the 70's to over 160 within just a few seconds. So I honked my horn a couple times to get their attention and the EMT came over. I know that the increased heart rate could be the first sign of a really bad reaction so I did not wait. But after it spiked up it started to slowly come back down and I never had any trouble breathing or felt too faint. I put my recliner back and my legs up. And then I just waited for about another 30 minutes or so with the EMT checking every 5 min on me. When my HR looked like it was going to stay around 90 or below I left and drove home. And that was it. Altho I am not 24 hrs in yet my arm is a little sore (like the first one) but I did manage a short walk without issues. I think my temp is up just a hair over 98 which is not normal for me in the am when it is usually 97 or so. Luckily I do know deep breathing relaxation exercises so I was doing those most of the time while I was waiting as the EMT thought it might be an anxiety reaction. hahah. might be?? I had NO reaction to the first time except my arm being sore and maybe a small headache and tiredness. maybe. I will take it easy and no running today and possibly tomorrow because the heart thing was pretty dreadful.

Sorry about your post-vaccine event Bon, and glad that you called the EMT for assistance. You were probably dehydrated and tired after a long wait. Hope that you are doing better today, just don't exert yourself. G.
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,297 Member
    One statistic rolled out at us in the UK is, there are 1 per 1000 general clots/thrombosis events in women on the pill. I ask how quick are the medical profession in picking these up in the event they happen. Where as there are 1 per 100000 clots in the vaccinated cohort. If my noughts are the right number. Why oh why is it permissible for women taking the contraceptive pill to be at this greater risk acceptable as well as having their natural systems overridden. Is it because they are preventing unwanted or "would be inconvenient" pregnancies. Against the "risk" being deemed unacceptable for those using the vaccine. Its not as if, now we know about it, there are no actions to combat the headaches and other vascular symptoms occurring 4 to 16 days after vaccination. I'm hearing, If you have no clotting events after the first you do not get it with the second. The number of age related deaths attributed to covid per 100000 who have the cirus were more than in either of these complications.

Europe are quantifying the risks and highlighting the clotting as a possible issue, being aware and providing treatment. The UK is offering the Modena to under 30's. Still leaves the question, when the effectivity of the vaccines are, when the dose is complete is 90% apx, why are we accepting lesser effective vaccines for other conditions? I know the flu vaccines are an educated guess as to which variants of many contenders will be prevalent this coming season.

It has crossed my mind that, many of the symptoms of long covid echo endocrine problems. Its not beyond the realms of possibility that damage to the body by covid infection could include the multifaceted endocrine issues.
  • 33gail33
    33gail33 Posts: 1,155 Member
    Fuzzipeg wrote: »
    One statistic rolled out at us in the UK is, there are 1 per 1000 general clots/thrombosis events in women on the pill. I ask how quick are the medical profession in picking these up in the event they happen. Where as there are 1 per 100000 clots in the vaccinated cohort. If my noughts are the right number. Why oh why is it permissible for women taking the contraceptive pill to be at this greater risk acceptable as well as having their natural systems overridden. Is it because they are preventing unwanted or "would be inconvenient" pregnancies. Against the "risk" being deemed unacceptable for those using the vaccine. Its not as if, now we know about it, there are no actions to combat the headaches and other vascular symptoms occurring 4 to 16 days after vaccination. I'm hearing, If you have no clotting events after the first you do not get it with the second. The number of age related deaths attributed to covid per 100000 who have the cirus were more than in either of these complications.

Europe are quantifying the risks and highlighting the clotting as a possible issue, being aware and providing treatment. The UK is offering the Modena to under 30's. Still leaves the question, when the effectivity of the vaccines are, when the dose is complete is 90% apx, why are we accepting lesser effective vaccines for other conditions? I know the flu vaccines are an educated guess as to which variants of many contenders will be prevalent this coming season.

It has crossed my mind that, many of the symptoms of long covid echo endocrine problems. Its not beyond the realms of possibility that damage to the body by covid infection could include the multifaceted endocrine issues.

Because they are not balancing the risk of getting the vaccine with the risk of being on the pill. They are balancing it with the risk of dying of covid.

At a certain point in the younger cohort, the risks associated with the vaccine outweigh the risks associated with contracting covid in that individual. That is why they are recommending to continue using it in older age groups, where the risk of clots is still there, but is lesser than the risk of a severe covid outcome.

There are risks of side effects with everything, but at a certain point the risk of a severe vaccine reaction becomes unacceptable - so 1 in a million might be an acceptable number, where 1 in 100,000 might not.