Since 2017

I have been using this app never had continuous success lost twenty pounds though I go back and forth with sticking to using food scale I’m really upset with myself I know I should be using it . I put it in reach right on the kitchen table. Maybe I need motivation going to check out the support and motivation posts . Is it as simple as weighing and measuring exercising drinking water and strength training then I will see results. Most days if I remember correctly I kept going over calorie allotment.

Replies

• Sunnypatel93
    Sunnypatel93 Posts: 21 Member
    Hey! Im sorry to hear you've had a tough time on this journey so far, I've been there before so I know how it feels.

Using food scales shouldnt be scary, infact, you will be quite surprised to see how much you can eat by measuring your consumption.

Here are a few tips I would suggest:
    1) Calculate your calorie intake - I would suggest using a few online resources for this, from experience I know that MFP tends to calculate too less, which doesnt always mean its a good thing!
    2) Consider 'Volume Eating' - this means eating food items that are low in calorie, but high in volume, which will keep you fuller for longer. Examples of this are: most fruits, most veggies, lean meat (Chicken breasts, turkey, low fat mince/sausages etc).
    3) If you have a sweet/savoury tooth, please ensure you have some low calorie options that will satisfy these cravings - you do not want to eliminate these groups, you want these in moderation so that it helps you build a lifestyle that you enjoy!

I would suggest the top 3 points to be the baseline of how your diet should follow, especially as you said you tend to go over your calorie intake.

As time goes on (I say this because I dont want you to overwhelm yourself by doing too much immediately), please consider these next steps:
    1) Steps - not so much weight training/intense exercises, but just normal steps - if you dont move around much, try and aim for 8k-10k a day to keep your body active
    2) Choose an exercise routine you enjoy! If its not weights, it can be running, cycling, HIIT, swimming, dance.. find something you enjoy, that will continue to keep you on track! You can also mix and match so that you dont get bored.

I hope this helps! Please do let me know if theres any questions or queries you have, feel free to add me and message :) All the best!! Smash it!
  • purplestuff101
    purplestuff101 Posts: 3 Member
    Thanks man I appreciate the feed back
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Hey Purple Stuff!
    Good to see you here.
    As I remember, you have quite a sweet tooth. I suggest you keep plenty of your favorite fruit on hand. Maybe nuts if you like them and can handle them. I can chew on 4 nuts, one at a time, while I decide if I really want another cookie or not, and often I can walk away from that next cookie. Try it.. see if it works for you.