Hello from Long Island New York

Been on and off for awhile on my fitness journey. But I am finally doing it and not stopped this time. I am in the middle of a divorce and this fitness journey is the best therapy I have found . Thank you all for having me . If anyone is doing the same please drop a comment as to what helped you .

Replies

• labebesita
    labebesita Posts: 11 Member
    Not going through a divorce, but still trying to lose the baby weight! Eating healthy is the best thing you can do to show you love yourself! Nothing feels as good as confidence! You got this!
  • N0M0Y0Y0
    N0M0Y0Y0 Posts: 30 Member
    Still learning this app. Looking for supportive community/friends to keep me inspired. Have lost about 55lbs. Still got about 180lbs to go. feel free to add me. Still haven't figured out how to friend request
  • nygator06
    nygator06 Posts: 22 Member
    Nice to meet you both . It’s so true about the confidence.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,403 Member
    I started for a number of reasons, including a very emotional and painful “divorce” from a family business where I had worked for decades.

You’re right, weight loss was like therapy. It was something I could throw myself into, as much as I’d thrown myself into that business and those family relationships.

At the risk of sounding like a nut job, take advantage of the anguish and put it to use. All hurts fade and heal, but I was able to harness it and make it a power for good, and create habits before it did.

In retrospect, what was the lowest point in my life was actually a new beginning. Sure didn’t feel like it at the time.

I sincerely wish you a similar experience. I’d say “sans the pain”, but you know what? It was a learning experience I probably needed.

PLMK if you need any help navigating. Using these boards, with their friendly, (usually!) nonjudgmental advice, has been an amazing experience. It’s been a lot like developing a second family. These MFP users are great!!!!!
  • nygator06
    nygator06 Posts: 22 Member
    Springlering62 you are so right about making it work for you . That’s been my drive to keep me super busy and not thinking about things . Been riding my bike and walking everyday for the last two months . Thank you for the kind words .
  • hoosiernurse7310
    hoosiernurse7310 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi
    Today is my first day on here. Im a nurse. I’m struggling with gaining weight after a divorce. And this past year I just ate what I could when I had time. Then I got covid and life became even more difficult. I should be a role model for health. But I’m not and it saddens me. I could use friends for motivation.