Accountability buddy

Replies

• renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    edited April 2021
    lrw327 wrote: »
    @renaegry There’s plenty of time to get there before Summer. I’m in the same boat... looking to drop 12-15 by summer. We can do it!

Do you have a plan in place?

@kiay131982

I have lots of plans. But it’s sticking to them. lol. I’m starting a 6 week Step Bet challenge on Monday so that will keep me moving. Spring weather will help as well. I was doing good. Down to 160 then over Easter crawled up to 165. Would love to get to 140-145 by summer. I enjoy walking and jogging. Lifting some weights (bench press, biceps curls) I do the workouts on Fitbit and MyFitnessPal. Started a program on each. On Fitbit starting the beginner body weight 3 week program and on here I started toned upper body. My eating isn’t to bad but it’s the booze on the weekends that kills me. Hubby is heading back to work and will only be home every other weekend so that will help some cand get on my own routine.

• renaegry
    @bumpbreakcar yes I have a Fitbit. Have the versa 3 and absolutely love it
  • RandJ6280
    RandJ6280 Posts: 1,162 Member
    @WellWishesSandy I'm, with you on this. I'm need to get back to taking care of myself. Time to get serious. Go get after it Sandy.
  • RandJ6280
    I wanna lose 15 pounds by the summer time too! LETS DO THIS LADIES!!!
    @ladychr0nic --- I'm wanting to drop 20lbs by Oct 1st this year.

Ok men..... we can do this too lol...... Who needs an accountability buddy? LETS DO THIS MEN
  • ladychr0nic
    ladychr0nic Posts: 127 Member
    @RandJ6280
    Sorry Rand! I wasn't thinking! I was just looking at the few who commented above. October is a good goal. Definitely achievable!

I wanna just stay consistent with a loss every week, no matter how big/small. I lost control last night and stopped tracking and kept snacking. Not a good night for me. Going to restart today and work extra hard to make up for it. I didn't weigh in today because I knew i'd be disappointed.

Happy Wednesday everyone!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,322 Member
    edited April 2021
    @WellWishesSandy - Welcome! ... Today is a new day so maybe you needed the previous time to get your head in the right place. The time will have been well-spent if it helped build your habit of tracking or ‘putting your toe in the water’ by checking into MFP. So, wade in or dive in 💦 because the water is fine and we’ll support each other!

@ladychr0nic - I like your attitude of not letting one slip up turn into a negative cycle! A little reflection so we can make small adjustments to our overall improvement plan is good but guilt is wasted energy in my opinion. I’d rather take a small step in the right direction than stand still and admire the problem. 😀 Seize the next moment!

@beshamama, @renaegry, and others - Your workout plans are inspiring. I was slacking off in the fitness area and it really makes a difference for me because I tend to eat a snack each afternoon. The exercise offsets the 200-300 calories instead of going over my daily nutrition target by that amount. So, instead of a 200 calorie deficit, I end up with maintenance calories ... or a calorie surplus!

@RandJ6280 - I’m looking forward to seeing everyone reach their summer and fall goals! I’ll be cheering for you as you get there in October and hope to follow soon after Fall 2021. I’m within about 5-10 pounds of my goal so it takes a looong time for the daily deficit of 200 calories to ‘add up’ to a pound lost. My plan is to reach maintenance weight by the end of 2021. If I can’t reach my goal (125-130) by then, I’ll reassess the end goal. I was happy to achieve a healthy BMI this year. I’m going to schedule a body fat (and bone density) scan as my ‘reward’ at the end of the year, and then focus on whatever needs work based on the scan findings (e.g., build muscle, work on body recomposition, strengthen bones with more weight bearing workouts, stretch more, focus on improving maintenance with more intuitive eating, or something else?).

Today was a good day because I finally worked out on the erg machines outside with my rowing group and they challenged me to perform at a higher level. So, the energy felt great and the group is so supportive and talented. It felt uplifting to get outside and exercise to the music, etc. I’m really looking forward to getting back on the water now and hope to scull on the water this weekend. I also worked out with the physical therapist today and have a personal trainer appointment at the gym tomorrow. The week is finally taking a positive turn. Thanks for your inspiration Accountability buddies!
  • kelynette
    kelynette Posts: 6 Member
    Hi everyone! I’d love to join in this group if possible. I have about 25 pounds to lose. I’m 30 years old and can only do low impact exercise due to a chronic running injury. Would LOVE someone who wants to get super, super serious and potentially text weigh-ins to each other, text each other when temptation strikes so the other one can talk them down, etc. I probably won’t check this message board that often if I’m being honest. Maybe we can do a weekly support group on google meet?
  • kiay131982
    kiay131982 Posts: 217 Member
    Morning!!! @renaegry maybe you are trying to do too much and that's where it falls? When I'm trying to start new habits I try and introduce one bit at a time until it feels like habit and then add the next bit in... so it doesn't feel overwhelming?? :)

@PatriceFitnessPal I love working out to music!!! My gym classes on zoom have been so wierd because although the trainer was playing music her end we couldn't hear it. The right song coming on in a run drives me.to do better :)

Welcome @kelynette I've often thought a more instant support group would be useful...for those times when you are reaching for a snack and need a more instant DONT DO IT!!!! 🤣

• roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Good morning everyone.

Weigh in day for me and I'm 3.4lbs down this week! I'm over the moon about it. I've been under my calories everyday and drinking lots of water! Keeping it simple.

April starting weight: 254.8

Apr 1: 254.8
    Apr 8: 251.4
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Welcome to the group @kelynette I find that instant support helps too. I'm part of a group for Orlistat (diet pills from doctors) and they're a great bunch, there's always someone around or to talk to. Good idea.
  • Antara_Kld
    Antara_Kld Posts: 84 Member
    Hi everyone!! I would love to part of this support group.. Finally, I had to admit to myself that its ok if I am not capable of doing everything alone.
    It is just .. I know the basics, I know what needs to be done, so why not just do it??

I am 36 yrs old.. And since adulthood I have always had those few - not much- extra pounds that I never could shed...
    Now unfortunately I have reached the negative record of near 30 pounds overweight...

I have started exercising with a goal of 4 to 5 days per week.

But still late-night snacking is my kryptonite. I can manage myself fine during the day, but once I am home and I unwind, the snack cupboard keeps beckoning me!!! :)
    So I guess I need some instant support for those times as well as a group to stay in touch with our goars , success and struggles

Anyway... That’s from me..

• RandJ6280
    @Antara_Kld I agree, in my head I KNOW what to do, but actually doing in everyday.. I struggle. Like last night OH NO, I tripped and fell last night... smack dab into a bowl of chips and salsa.. .and well actually also into rice, beans, taco and a small burrito. With that.. .my weight was up today.. ugh!!!! The price I paid.
    I don't think I look THAT bad, just not where I want to be. I need to lose, like you, 30lbs.

So, Antara, lets get busy and do right, choose right today!
  • RandJ6280
    roz0810 wrote: »
    I'm over the moon about it. I've been under my calories everyday and drinking lots of water! Keeping it simple.

GREAT, that is awesome.

• RandJ6280
    @RandJ6280
    Sorry Rand! I wasn't thinking! I was just looking at the few who commented above. October is a good goal. Definitely achievable!

I wanna just stay consistent with a loss every week, no matter how big/small. I lost control last night and stopped tracking and kept snacking. Not a good night for me. Going to restart today and work extra hard to make up for it. I didn't weigh in today because I knew i'd be disappointed.

Happy Wednesday everyone!

Good morning Lady ~ That is what I want to..... consistent loss every week. I lost it last night too. I tripped and fell last night... smack dab into a bowl of chips and salsa.. .and well actually also into rice, beans, taco and a small burrito. With that.. .my weight was up today.. ugh!!!! The price I paid.
    But back on track today!
  • renaegry
    edited April 2021
    Morning all. Have put off my starting back working out till Sunday or Monday when step bet starts. Plan today is a good 45 min walk while my daughter is at competitive gymnastics class. Starting then it’s serious time. And while have my slack days every other weekend when hubby comes home.

Hope everyone is doing well. Plan on doing a daily check in with what I accomplished daily and whether met calorie goal
  • junkmail1419
    junkmail1419 Posts: 2 Member
    I'm 22 years old and work an a nurse aid! I'm a new health coach working for verb.co !! Message 205-931-6625 for free consultation and motivation daily! Please send a text for free messages and I promise to keep you accountable each and every day :)
  • beshamama
    beshamama Posts: 240 Member
    It’s raining here today. 😑 I don’t like biking in the rain so I’ll do an indoor workout and maybe take my dogs for a walk if the weather breaks.

@Antara_Kld night snacking is my downfall too! I finally just decided to not buy the good chips. If my kids ask for chips when I go shopping I purposely buy the chips I hate. That way they still get their treat and I’m not a jerk who gobbles them all up at night while they sleep. I also bought a bunch of veggies and got them all prepped in a big Tupperware container. Also made some hummus and bought ranch dip. If I get hungry at night I made it easy for me to get healthy options instead of junk. Ugh and now we have all this Easter candy but I made a deal with myself to have a little bit after a workout and a little bit after doing the dishes at night.

• kiay131982
    kiay131982 Posts: 217 Member
    @roz0810 well done on your loss! That's fantastic!!!! :)

Welcome @Antara_Kld I really get that feeling!!! I worked so hard with a PT last year and got the fittest I've ever been...then finances took a hit and I had to drop classes, telling myself it was OK, I knew what I was doing now!!! 3 months later I had fallen off the wagon and here I am trying to lose 10lb to get back to where I was!!
    Late night snacking is also a bad habit of mine. In the right mindset I can allow myself one evening of snacks a week....I just am yet to find that mindset recently!! :) I have upped my workouts again though and am watching the scales...Will get stricter on myself if the scales stop going down!!

I'm 4 for 4 with workouts this week! Did a whole body workout on Monday, a strength class on Tuesday, a run yesterday and a core workout today.... I have bootcamp class tomorrow and then I will try and get one more strength and run mix workout in over the weekend. I want the muscle tone that I had, back!
  • alwaysgreen17
    alwaysgreen17 Posts: 85 Member
    Hi, all! I welcome any and all to add me as a MFP friend. I'm ready to re-commit to a healthier lifestyle!

I'm 4'9" and 34 years old so a few extra pounds make me look "stout".
    I LOVE food and I've been indulging too much for too long. Would especially love open diaries to get ideas on how to keep in control.
    I am also on Fitbit so if you want to do step challenges, hit me up!

Let's motivate each other!
  • Everydayforward
    Everydayforward Posts: 4 Member
    Hello All! Looking for accountability friends as I continue on my weight loss journey. Prior to starting this I looked on the scale and saw the highest number I’ve ever seen for myself. It’s weird because it all happens gradually, especially with the stress of pandemic times.

Counting today, I have lost a total of 10 lbs. I’m really happy but also know I’m at such a high weight that I have so much more to go. I am going to continue what has been working for me (high volume, calorie deficit eating with at least 3 days of exercise). It feels good to have a place to talk about this because I’ve been embarrassed and have only one close friend who has seen how much weight I’ve gained.

Here’s to moving forward!