Found out 3 things ... New here go by Jules Hi!

1st> My Blood Pressure is so High I am a stroke candidate now.
2nd> I am going to be a meme for the first time and I want to be here when my new grandbabe gets here in 7 months.
3rd>I need to lose about 70 pounds to be out of danger of stroking. So I am motivated for those 3 reasons. I am going to find exercise a challenge as I have damage from military that makes it difficult.

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    You have lots of great "why"s, I hope they help you find success in your journey. If you need any help along the way we have lots of helpful users who frequent the getting started and general health and fitness boards.

Welcome to MFP!
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Exercise isn’t necessary for weight loss, but walking is supposed to be good for blood pressure. Start easy. Just start. Walk to the mailbox. Twice tomorrow. Best wishes.
  • spruitt417
    spruitt417 Posts: 100 Member
    I can totally relate to the blood pressure thing. On 3 meds and it's still high. I also want and need to be here and healthy for as long as I can for my grandchildren.
  • julieguy1016
    julieguy1016 Posts: 8 Member
    Almost hit 10 pounds and other than not being hungry enough to make the amount of calories I should, I added Stretching, leisure walking and now Chair yoga. Thanks for the other suggestions ...I will use them all.
  • julieguy1016
    I have very good reasons just like Spruitt. The only thing i need help with is figuring my way around here ...
  • julieguy1016
    I add a very simple chicken and rice with veggies recipe to my food diary.
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Sounds like you're doing great! (I'm such a big fan of walking.)

You might want to look up the DASH (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) diet. I've read/heard lots of good things about it. There is a lot of information about it, and I suggest "researching," but here's a quick overview:

https://www.webmd.com/hypertension-high-blood-pressure/guide/dash-diet#1

I know it's been discussed here in the past. If I can locate an earlier thread about it, I'll post it here. (I'm not "pushing" this, but you might be interested.)