Discouraged on What To Do With My Body. Advice?

2»

Replies

• mholl15
    mholl15 Posts: 139 Member
    go get a wax, other than that congrats, you look like you had a goal to lose weight and you met that goal
  • mdrax5
    mdrax5 Posts: 20 Member
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    I think you look lean, with some loose skin.

What is your calorie goal per day? How much protein are you getting?

This ^^

I was just about to ask how much protein do you eat?

I answered above, it is typically over 200 grams every day, for years now. Can't give a specific number, but it is likely in the 205-215 range.
  • mdrax5
    JBanx256 wrote: »
    mholl15 wrote: »
    go get a wax, other than that congrats, you look like you had a goal to lose weight and you met that goal

No! Why? Nothing wrong with keeping your normal body hair if you are happy with/prefer it.

that's what I was thinking. It's his body and his body hair; he can do with it what he wishes. As a female I will say I greatly prefer a man with some body hair. Not saying Chewbacca-ish but there's nothing wrong with a man being a man.

lol I actually do trim my body hair once a month, this just happened to be taken before I did that 😂
  • claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,311 Member

Yeah, don’t get a wax. This is about the OP’s weight loss journey and his perception of himself. Don’t be hair-shamed into anything!

Wax /don’t wax, dye your hair / don’t dye your hair, wear dresses / don’t - all totally up to you!

I also have to say, I relied with a reasonably neutral post earlier on about the OP’s body image. Having read some of his replies to comments- you DO NOT have anything squidgy on your torso! You just have loose skin because you’ve lost a phenomenonal amount of weight!
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Congrats on all the weight loss... I agree with most everyone. You did great getting to where you are. Unfortunately Loose skin is something we (bigger people) all have to live with or save up and have surgically removed. I'm pretty sure when I'm don't losing weight, I'll be able to slap people from across the room with my skin apron. ;D

You have a lot to be proud of man! :)
  • mdrax5
    mdrax5 wrote: »

No! Why? Nothing wrong with keeping your normal body hair if you are happy with/prefer it.

that's what I was thinking. It's his body and his body hair; he can do with it what he wishes. As a female I will say I greatly prefer a man with some body hair. Not saying Chewbacca-ish but there's nothing wrong with a man being a man.

lol I actually do trim my body hair once a month, this just happened to be taken before I did that 😂

And that's cool 'cause it's YOUR choice, based on YOUR preference, not what some rando from the interwebz deems acceptable.

Exactly!
  • mdrax5
    Poobah1972 wrote: »
    Congrats on all the weight loss... I agree with most everyone. You did great getting to where you are. Unfortunately Loose skin is something we (bigger people) all have to live with or save up and have surgically removed. I'm pretty sure when I'm don't losing weight, I'll be able to slap people from across the room with my skin apron. ;D

You have a lot to be proud of man! :)

Thank you, congrats on your efforts to losing as well! I probably will never get the surgery as mine isn't that bad, but I completely understand for those that have more to do so, or can't be comfortable physically with it.
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    It is possible, to tighten it all up considerably with some pretty hard work and strength training.... And nutrition built around your workouts specifically. It's a new journey in and of itself with quite a bit to learn, and body builders and power lifters a like know many tricks (not talking about steroids here) that really make progress move at pretty impressive rate. I've seen many people over the years that have worked out for years in the gym and could never figure out why they haven't made significant gains while I surpassed just about everyone inside a year, and in the end it almost always boils down to nutrition, and specifically nutrition and macro's before, during and after your workout. For example many years ago (15ish) I lost over 200 lbs, while aggressively powerlifting and reading heavily the nutrition around it... My starting bicep was 24", my ending Bicep was 24". My arms were pretty well extra skin free.

Building chest, back, traps and abdominal muscles will take up quite a bit of slack.
  • cyaneverfat
    cyaneverfat Posts: 527 Member
    I think you look good! I wouldn't lose more weight.
  • taylorelise_27
    taylorelise_27 Posts: 10 Member
    I don't think you need to lean out anymore! I have a similar story lost 80 pounds and I just started lifting 5 months ago. I gained some back but leaned out a bit more! Ditch the scale and go by how you feel and how your clothes fit. 👍
  • Sportertje354
    Sportertje354 Posts: 50 Member
    edited April 2021
    Swimming can help here maybe. As well as getting into a gym and hitting the weights. With your height and current build maybe stay away from things like running, at least at first, and do cycling instead to reduce impact on joints and stuff

I am not a huge power lifter, at the moment, compared to some others here, so others may be better able to help with that, at a decent gym they have plenty of equipment to help you get started, sit down with a trainer there and set up a program

I got a pull up bar, rings and mat, that gets me around with most exercises for me during corona, without breaking the bank or needing a lot of permanent space

Protein levels sound enough for you, maybe even a bit too much, so that's not the issue for muscle growth?

Keep in mind it takes years to put on muscle and see a major difference (not talking beginner gains), so if you started in September: look back in 3 years or so and you should see a difference: consistency and patience
  • owieprone
    owieprone Posts: 217 Member
    I agree with all that's been said before, you don't need to lose any more fat. It's hard to see past what you see everyday compared to us who've just seen you this once at this weight. Trust us ;)

I think more muscle mass might help you get past your current views on your body.

I don't agree with sportsterje354 about the length of time it takes to see a difference that's his experience, it depends on your body and how it reacts, so it MIGHT take you a year or more to get where you want to be once you decide what that is, but it could be sooner. For instance, if I was actually consistent and my disability miraculously disappeared it would take me about 6 months to get my dream body and strength.
    I do agree with the consistency and patience part, no matter how quickly and consistently you see gains.. you still have to be patient and be consistent with your training/eating.

Ryan Humiston has some great weight training vids on YouTube, his stuff works for me like you would not believe. I gain muscle easily anyway (also gain flab easily, and flipside It takes massive effort to get rid of it), but his workouts really hit the strength spot for me, so he might be a good alternative to the sessions you were doing before if they've not done what you wanted. He's also released a 4 week online course if you like his vids but want more structure than just picking and choosing what to do each day yourself.
    He doesn't pay me to suggest his vids btw (i should though, i do it alot!), other youtube vids are available ;)

Good luck, not that you need it, you've clearly done some great work already!