Summer sandals for walking

does anyone have any good recommendations for sandals to wear while walking? I take my dog walking a lot but when in the summer, gym shoes do get kind of uncomfortable

Replies

• penguinmama87
    penguinmama87 Posts: 1,158 Member
    I really like Keen brand - they can be pricey, but they hold up a long time and are machine washable. Most of the styles definitely lean casual, but I don't feel underdressed with them for most things, and they're very comfortable for long walks.

https://www.keenfootwear.com/
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,249 Member
    Keen makes great quality products and you could also check out Merrell.

• SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    edited April 2021
    I love my Keens! They can be pricey, but you can look for last year's models to get a decent discount.
    They are worth the price, though. I can walk miles in mine with no problem.

These are the ones I have:
    https://www.keenfootwear.com/p/W-ROSE-SANDAL.html?dwvar_W-ROSE-SANDAL_color=1025125&cgid=womens_footwear_sandals

You can DEFINITELY find them cheaper if you search around.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,935 Member
    I've been very happy with Khombu or JBU by Jambu sandals I got at Costco for pretty affordable prices. They look somewhat like the Keens. (I don't remember how much they were, but way cheaper than normal retail Keens. I suspect they were $20-something to $30-something dollars, because I bought them on spec, and I don't like spending much money on clothing or shoes, even though shoe comfort is essential for me.)

I can't recall having walked more than a few miles in them at any one time, but they were fine for that.
  • 406MamaBear
    406MamaBear Posts: 47 Member
    I like Birkenstock sandals for the support, but they are expensive.
  • janvcooper
    janvcooper Posts: 86 Member
    dansko sophie sandals are very comfortable but pricy
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    I love my Merrill's ($50-$70 ish). I've had a pair similar to the "Sandspur Rose" model,for at least 13 years and I prefer them to hiking boots when hiking in rugged terrain, and they're actually more comfortable for fitness walking than some sneaker-type walking shoes I've worn. I like the adjustability of both the cross-strap that goes across the top of the food and the sling strap for the heel (my foot tends to slip out of fixed sling straps)
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,586 Member
    Search for hiking sandals, which are designed to be worn comfortably all day in hot weather even on uneven terrrain. Teva were the first brand to make them, I think, but other brands now exist. My first pair were from Teva, but my current pair are from Merrill.
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    I'm very happy with Ryka.
  • ridiculous59
    ridiculous59 Posts: 2,817 Member
    I have a pair of Tevas and a pair of Keens. The Keens are my favourite and, like you, I do a lot of dog walking.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited April 2021
    My wife is a shoe fashionista. She never spent money except for on shoes. She has bad toes and has issues walking for long periods. Believe me when I say I've spent hours and hours in shoe departments. She's had Merrill's, Keens, some Italian brands that were $200+.

We went to a TJ Maxx to look around (ironically her favorite clothing store, but she never usually buys shoes there) and I picked up a pair of Baretraps. She said, "well, I guess it wouldn't hurt to try them". They are now her favorite brand. And they are like $40 (highest ends $60), so they are my favorite brand too.
  • HilTri
    HilTri Posts: 378 Member
    Chaco’s and Birks
  • Whatsthemotive
    Whatsthemotive Posts: 145 Member
    Keens are great. Finns are good if you need a lot of support. I've also had some great luck with Merritt.