Net calories help!

leezym2020
leezym2020 Posts: 2 Member
edited April 2021 in Food and Nutrition
Hi, I’ve read lots of posts but I still don’t understand. I read your net cals should be close to your goal, but mine are so different I just want to understand. Trying to lose weight. I’m only 4ft 9 my goals cals are 1200, I’ve encluded screen shots of my stats for today, why is my net cals 53?! Thanks so much 7qfw7uhl2c16.jpeg
yu14swf0750c.jpeg

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    This site doesn't take your exercise into account when setting you calorie goal, the idea is you log it and those extra unaccounted for calories get added to that day's calorie goal to keep your calorie balance at whatever level you selected in your gaol set up.
    The easy way to think of your base goal is that it's for a non-exercise day ONLY or the goal really means 1,200 +exercise calories.

Tell us more about this 1,062cals of exercise please.
    Doing what? For how long? Where did the estimate come from?
    (Your food and exercise diary is private, which you can change to public to allow people to see more detail.)

If you have a tracker linked the answers will change!
  • leezym2020
    leezym2020 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi, thank you so much for your reply! I’ve changed the setting to public now I think. I have a Fitbit connected, my exercise is step count, from walking I average 20-30k a day. I just wanted to know I’m on track or if I should change anything to do better. Thank you
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    leezym2020 wrote: »
    Hi, thank you so much for your reply! I’ve changed the setting to public now I think. I have a Fitbit connected, my exercise is step count, from walking I average 20-30k a day. I just wanted to know I’m on track or if I should change anything to do better. Thank you

Fitbit changes things as the "exercise" adjustment isn't just about exercise.
    It's adjusting the daily goal / activity setting you picked here with what it senses your combined exercise and activity has been to this point compared to what you told MyFitnessPal your typical day was.

Basically your Fitbit is telling you to eat more because you are more active and done more exercise than expected.
    If you had selected a higher activity level on here the final calorie goal would be the same but the adjustment would be smaller.

PS - don't log exercise here, let your Fitbit do that for you.