I am going to lose 70 pounds. NO TURNING BACK ... come join me!

Options
To many group going with a single person in them. You dont have to do this alone with others like me right here and motivated. I have made a decision and invite you to join me ...I want you to come along.

Replies

• prikoza
    prikoza Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    That is so true, Lisa :) Small wins everyday will get you closer to your goal. <3
  • cyaneverfat
    cyaneverfat Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I'll go with you
  • shanaecarter24
    shanaecarter24 Posts: 5 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Hey, I would like to lose 30 lbs, but I need help doing so.
    Can someone please tell me how to add people?
  • LisaGetsMoving
    LisaGetsMoving Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    One way to add friends on MFP is to click on the persons name, then click again on their name and choose "Add Friend" that will send them a friend request, and it allows you to send a note with it but most people just send the request.

Another thing to try is to join a group. That's a little tougher because you have to find a group that is active and request to join it. but it's worth it to find a group that you jive with if you can. There's a lot of groups, depending on what your interests are, Low Carbers, Weight Watcher, Runners, Moms, etc....

I joined one called "Stick With It, Lose 1 Pound A Week" and it has challenges and accountability because you have to check in regularly and post your weight weekly. So it requires a little bit of attention. If you miss three weeks in a row, you're thrown into the brigg. After signing up, you're assigned to one of two team. Weekly the points each team accumulated through challenges and check ins is posted, so there's a little rivalry but mostly nice people who are in it for the long haul.
  • FrecklePatch
    FrecklePatch Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I went on a long break that didnt do me any favors!
    I weighed my breakfast today and I reset my goals. I have 50 lbs to shed in order to feel less pain and be more mobile.

Here's to a fantastic year!
  • LisaGetsMoving
    Options
    Here, here to less pain! I discovered the hard way in 2020 that if I don't move very much I end up in greater pain so I've been moving more lately even if I'm going to be slow about it. I just keep putting one foot in front of the other. Sooner or later it should get easier, right?
  • lifegoeson1963
    lifegoeson1963 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have a lot more than 70 to lose but I need all the support I can get. I’m 57 and have let COVID lull me back into bad habits.
  • IRONKINGPIN
    IRONKINGPIN Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'll come!
  • mlindaclaire
    mlindaclaire Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Coming back and trying to be motivate post birth of 2nd child and withCovid bad habits as well. Let’s do this.
  • MyTwoHorses
    MyTwoHorses Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in, back again for the 100th time it feels like
  • LisaGetsMoving
    Options
    I would just like to say that there is no shame in starting over.
    Begin again.
    And again.
    As many days as it takes to get you where you want to be.
    One little step in front of the other.
  • beckee75
    beckee75 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just like everyone else, I just need some support and to see others that are working towards a goal. I need to lose 25-30 pounds to feel comfortable in my skin and be in the healthy range. Looking for others that are positive and trying to get to better health.
  • Butterfly2022MD
    Butterfly2022MD Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I support you and feel free to friend me. I want to lose 50 -75 lbs.
  • LisaGetsMoving
    Options
    I don't really have a set goal yet, just a range I want to get to, which is healthy BMI. For my parameters, 5'4" /Female/64yrs old that puts me anywhere from 110 - 146 pounds. So, my tentative target is 145 lbs. for now. I hope to reach it by the end of this year, or by next spring at the latest. I am in this for the long haul.

My plan:
    Calories: 1200 plus 75% of exercise calories
    Macros: trying to increase protein and decrease fat/starch carbs
    Exercise: mainly walking and biking
    other: IF, eating between noon and 7 p.m.; and one or two weeks of "maintenance" every 90 days or so.

Good luck to everyone on reaching their goals! What kind of plan do y'all have?
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,258 Member
    Options
    Happy monday