M&Ms and salad

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,572 Member
    kajaet wrote: »
    glassyo wrote: »
    I have an unopened party size bag of plain m&ms under my desk at work.

Just sayin'.... :)

I’m here to tell you that it is very possible to indulge and still stay within your goals. I over indulged and still made it. I did go to bed hungry but not hangry. I stuck to mainstream foods today. I don’t know if I’d recommend the large shareable bag of m&ms though.

Oh, I'm a pro at the party size bag. We have a vendor who sends the bags as a thank you with our purchase. Glad you stayed sane! 😀
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    edited April 2021
    Thoin wrote: »
    This thread made me curious. Yes, there is in fact a M&M salad.

76gv9rnrzvnc.jpg

Isn't that a rice Krispie treat?

I mean, I'm not going to argue with calling it a salad now, though...I can get on board with that.

I think it is a fruit salad. looks yummy

to add: I had a big slice of apple pie for dinner a few days ago.
  • glassyo

76gv9rnrzvnc.jpg

I mean, I'm not going to argue with calling it a salad now, though...I can get on board with that.

It looks like tuna or chicken salad to me.

Which, as much as I love m&ms, actually does seem weird to me.
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    glassyo wrote: »

76gv9rnrzvnc.jpg

It looks like tuna or chicken salad to me.

Which, as much as I love m&ms, actually does seem weird to me.

I thought it looked like cottage cheese salad. I gather there are people who eat cottage cheese with sweet things. Weird to me, (except pineapple - but that regularly crosses the sweet/savoury boundaries), but even I could imagine cottage cheese with fruit and a few M&Ms as a garnish!
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    edited April 2021
    Very often people disagree on threads about what foods one likes even though I don't think they are disagreeing about the fact that I love cilantro and think fruit pie is way better than cake (and apple pie way better than pumpkin). They are just expressing the view that my preferences are warped and wrong.

I did not disagree with anyone on this thread (I sometimes do for fun in the unpopular food opinions thread and don't mind if I get disagreed with there), but I will say that M&Ms on a salad seems warped and wrong to me, and I feel like it can be fun to have extreme opinions about food, since it's not actually something that divides people in an important way. Usually I feel the same about sports rivalries, but sometimes people go overboard about those.

(I have not tried M&Ms on salad, but they don't seem like they would go. I also hate overly sweet salad dressings -- I bought a bagged kale salad to have a quick lunch option and it had a lemon balsamic dressing that tasted like these Italian lemon cookies we used to get from a restaurant at work lunches. The cookies are good, the taste was awful on my kale salad.)

Marshmallows on a salad are also wrong and bad, for the record, since marshmallows are repulsive (M&Ms are okay, and peanut M&Ms are good).

People making weird jello "salads" with marshmallows when I was a kid is something I do not miss.

That does not mean I do not enjoy plenty of unusual or experimental salads.
  • Thoin
    Thoin Posts: 942 Member

76gv9rnrzvnc.jpg

I almost posted the recipe but didn't.

https://www.savoringthegood.com/mm-munch-salad/

Here are the ingredients. It's a type of fruit salad if I were to try to label it.

rzmzeg9duf56.jpg
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,718 Member

76gv9rnrzvnc.jpg

I, too, think it's probably a fruit salad, one of those (IMO) appalling things with mini-marshmallows and Cool Whip. This one looks like it might even have caramel sauce drizzled over it, in addition to the M&Ms. For me, Just NO.

Others of you who think it looks good: You can have my share.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    I have put m&ms on salad

Of course you have lol....I was wondering if it tasted good lol
  • glassyo

76gv9rnrzvnc.jpg

Here are the ingredients. It's a type of fruit salad if I were to try to label it.

rzmzeg9duf56.jpg

Not even close to being tuna or chicken salad!

Speaking of which, why ARE they called tuna or chicken salad?

But now it makes me want ambrosia.

1rykcg11qf74.jpg

• SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    edited April 2021
    Well, Webster's Dictionary gives 2 definitions of "salad":

Any of various usually cold dishes: such as
    a: raw greens (such as lettuce) often combined with other vegetables and toppings and served especially with dressing
    b: small pieces of food (such as pasta, meat, fruit, or vegetables) usually mixed with a dressing (such as mayonnaise) or set in gelatin

And ambrosia is vile, sorry. :p
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member

76gv9rnrzvnc.jpg

rzmzeg9duf56.jpg

Ah, ok...seeing it in the unmade form makes more sense for me. I was looking at a tiny photo on an Android phone, so there's also that. 😀
  • glassyo
    Well, Webster's Dictionary gives 2 definitions of "salad":

Any of various usually cold dishes: such as
    a: raw greens (such as lettuce) often combined with other vegetables and toppings and served especially with dressing
    b: small pieces of food (such as pasta, meat, fruit, or vegetables) usually mixed with a dressing (such as mayonnaise) or set in gelatin

And ambrosia is vile, sorry. :p

How else am I supposed to get my fruit in?
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,366 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

Others of you who think it looks good: You can have my share.

Dibs! :D
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member

76gv9rnrzvnc.jpg

I made a Snickers Salad a few years back. TBH it wasn't all that. But give me a Snickers separately and I could inhale it.
  • penguinmama87
    penguinmama87 Posts: 1,158 Member
    This thread is giving me flashbacks to my childhood. I love my grandmothers, but I definitely reached my limit of these kinds of salads very early in life!