Doing everything I’m ‘supposed to’ but I’m not seeing weight loss

Hi friends! Wondering if anyone is or has gone through the same situation I currently am ... if so, looking for advice.

I started my diet on 2/8/21 at 167lbs with a goal to get down to 145 (I’m 5’7”). It’s been a little over 8 weeks now and I’m down to 156. But, I’ve been at this weight for almost 3 weeks now. I’m doing nothing different and even kicked up my exercise (cardio and weight) to 4-5 days/week. I’m eating 1200 calories, no more than 30-35g carbs, and macros are in line with what I should be matching. I feel like I’m doing everything I should be doing but I just don’t see the weight coming off. (I’m also 53 and peri-menopausal in case that factors in). Help! Thanks in advance to all for your advice.

Replies

• josha1105
    josha1105 Posts: 4 Member
    Thank you! I went through it and unfortunately it doesn’t give me any answers. I am tracking everything I put into my mouth daily and go to the Dr annually for physicals and went as recent as 4 mos ago and am 100% healthy. :(
  • WeatherJane
    WeatherJane Posts: 1,492 Member
    Would you be willing to share your food diary?
  • dvmmcw8020
    dvmmcw8020 Posts: 242 Member
    Not enough food!
  • cupcakesandproteinshakes
    cupcakesandproteinshakes Posts: 1,091 Member
    You are very likely eating more cals than you’re logging. Sorry to tell you this. Logging inaccuracies are really common but IMO you don’t have to ‘Tighten up on your logging’ as long as you are consistent in the way you log.
    You just need to eat less. So work out for you how best to do that.
    For me when I plateau I cut out calorific drinks and that is enough to get the scale moving. Or you could eat one less snack a day. Or use less cooking oil.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,048 Member
    edited April 2021
    OP, by my standards, you have had really good success. As others have said, losing 1 lb/week ON AVERAGE is a great rate of loss. It won't be the same every week -- some weeks more than average, some weeks nothing. For many women, what they see on the scale correlates predictably to their monthly cycle. E.g. for years, when I was in a deficit (rate of loss much slower than you), I would only see scale movement following ovulation. But the math would average over the whole month exactly as expected.

Here's another phenomenon to consider. https://bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/of-whooshes-and-squishy-fat I also experienced this not infrequently. Doing "everything right," no loss for 3 weeks, then *whoosh* 3 weeks worth of loss in a day or 2. Not uncommon.

Stick with it and be patient. The math always works, but not always on exactly the time line we want it to.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,454 Member
    OP hasn't responded so wondering if any info at all is being read.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,034 Member
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    OP hasn't responded so wondering if any info at all is being read.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Most recent visit April 9th, I'm wondering the same...