WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2021

Replies

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,929 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Here's a Getting to Know You question which we've had before, but this might be a good time to revisit it.

What exercise(s) do you like to do?

Machka in Oz

just started doing Zumba again this week after not doing it for almost a year- doing it through Zoom is rough but better than nothing. Having the teacher add in the abs workout is hard but good. I love walking- need to find someone new to walk with. My walking buddy is busy just about every night.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,929 Member
    This sounds like the group I need to be part of!
    Hello everybody! I have motivation, but am looking for some accountability. That really works for me!

welcome!

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,724 Member
    I’ve read all the way through, but didn’t take time to make comments today.

I worked from 7am to 8pm with a half hour break all told. The worst part is that some of what I was staying late to work on tonight is impossible to complete at this time. Feels like a waste. Our payroll project may end up delayed over this setback.

Thinking of you all.
    Tracey in Edmonton

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,809 Member
    Here's another Getting to Know You question ...

If someone wrote a book about your life, what would the title be?

• Machka9

Here's mine. :)

429ztplbz78c.png
  • Machka9

Either that (above) or ...

Headwinds and Hills.
    The tale of two cyclists.

:heart:
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,331 Member
    Humdinger – welcome!

What exercise do I like to do? Well, let me tell you what I DON’T like to do, the list is much smaller. I don’t like tao bo, kickboxing, dance. I guess that’s just about it.

For some reason, just can’t seem to sleep so here I am. Just registered us for ceramics for next Wed. night. I really don’t like this having to register, but there’s nothing I can do. At least we can go, even if it is for a shorter period of time.

We had to leave early to take Bonnie for the CT scan so I asked them if I could take my break at 11:20 so that I can leave and maybe get an extra 5 minutes to get to Matthews. The manager said “OK” and that she’d clock me out at11:30.

Michele NC
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Michele. - Sorry to hear about Bonnie’s diagnosis. It is hard to let pets go. We love them so. Important not to let them suffer in the end.

Cheri. - Hugs for you and Ros.

Karen in Virginia
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited April 2021
    Machka— I like Headwinds and Hills, a Tale of Two Cyclists. It fits you well. 🚴‍♀️🚴
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,189 Member
    edited April 2021
    Lisa - I read a book called LEVEL UP YOUR DAY, which told me what I already knew, but was trying to avoid, to save the most important tasks for the hours of your best energy.
    Most important means your 'soul work', that fulfills you and gives meaning to your life. Could be writing, painting, gardening, campaigning, cycling.......... The rest can be fitted around that. Of course, it's OK to schedule days off, like weekends and holidays.
    That helped me to stop frittering my best hours away. For me they are 10 -12 am. If I do my soul work the rest of the day is bomb proof.
    I dreamt about you last night! :D<3

Love Heather xxxxxxxx UK
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    Well have been awake since 1:30 this morning and its now 4:15 ,i have to be up at 6:30 to take my son to work..then to Wally world to pick up groceries..will definitely need a nap today.. ugh
  • Machka9
    f8zsyk0lvotj.png
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Another Friday, where does time go.

RORI I so admire you, I could cry when I think what you are going through. Not sure I could do it but suppose we all have have strengths that come to the fore when we need them.

LISA when my husband retired he said I don’t want a routine, done that for 40 years, can do what I want. Guess who has a routine to his day. I must admit I do less housework and cleaning now than when I was working full time. Weird how our minds work. I just think the time we both have left should be spent doing things that give us pleasure and feed our souls.

MICHELE so sorry 😢 😢😢

Welcome newbies

I love my cardio workouts to YouTube vids and kettlebells for building muscle.

I’m so excited, my laptop arrives today, I went with Apple after all

Arm still a bit sore after second jab on Wed but otherwise ok

Stay safe

Kate UK ❤️
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,189 Member
    Kate UK - I agree. Life is so short at our age. I'm conscious of it flying by and I don't want any regrets. Hence us spending a small fortune on the cruise. Plus doing my soul work every day that makes me happy and keeps me sane.
    Are you still off to Spain?

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,600 Member
    Tracey- I feel you! I can't seem to get caught up and when I think I am making headway, I go slipping on them pebbles and sliding back down the mountain!

HUGS for all our fur baby losses. They are hard to let go of.

Favorite exercise......dance and walking

Life title- How did I get HERE?

Off to do more work.

Welcome!
    HUGS!
    Love!

Kylia in Ohio thankful for my health and job
  • Machka9
    Friday --

Today we visited the Margate Train.
    "A unique Tasmanian shopping & dining experience, set on board and around the final resting place of the TGR M Steam Locomotive and carriages. An eclectic collection of local small businesses offer you a range of delicious food, refreshing drinks and shopping delights that are sure to put a smile on your face!"
    https://www.facebook.com/margatetrain/

We were hoping for pancakes but we were just a touch too late. Instead we had a nice piece of carrot cake and leatherwood ice cream. We'll have to go back for pancakes.

Then we went cycling, as I posted above. Probably a good thing to burn off the cake and ice cream.

Also today, my new Dell laptop arrived!!! I ordered it on March 24 and they told me that I would get it on May 17. 2 or 3 days ago, I received an email that it had been shipped ... and it arrived today!

I've been setting it up ... it should be significantly faster with more storage than my current laptop because that's what I ordered! :smiley::smiley: We'll see how it goes.

I've got a back up and organise project on my list which I don't plan to get to for a little while yet, but felt I needed to order this laptop now because my current laptop has been showing signs of getting "tired". I got it in 2015 and it has been used just about every day, for hours and hours each day since.

2 days left till I return to work.

Machka in Oz
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,352 Member
    edited April 2021
    Rori - No worries on missing the birthday, I was trying to ignore it myself. Hope you've been able to get a suitable replacement in for Mary, and so sorry she injured her back. I breathe a sigh of relief each time I see you post, and am so glad when you do.

Michelle - I'm so sorry about your cat. I've always thought the greatest gift we can give to them in return for their love is respect enough to let them go. When I worked for a vet and asked him the question about when to put an animal down, he said, "When the bad days outnumber the good."

Heather - Oddly enough, you've showed up in a few my dreams as well. You have a very posh accent in my dreams--and speaking of posh accents, I just saw that Prince Phillip has died. Such a fascinating man--loved his sense of humor, though the press rode him hard about some of the things he said.

Felt really good yesterday, got out and mowed all the front and most of the back, and then broke a mower belt, so had to stop. Am midway through the antibiotic session, with five more days to go, and they kicked into high gear overnight. The hard part is taking them - one of them dissolves the moment it hits my tongue and is absolutely foul, so I take it buried in applesauce. I don't like applesauce, but I like it better than that pill.

My weight is staying steady, and I appreciate that very much.

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa in AR
  • Machka9

Let's go with ...

Headwinds and Hills.
    The Tale of Two Cyclists.

:heart:

Here's a Getting to Know You question which we've had before, but this might be a good time to revisit it.

Exercise:
    Cycling
    Walking
    Running
    Rowing (machine)
    Canoeing
    Kayaking - although I'm not very good at it
    Cross country skiing - not in Australia, but only because the timing never seems to work
    Snowshoeing - yes, even in Australia
    Weightlifting
    Yoga
    Swimming - although I'm not very good at it

I would like to learn to Dance, learn Archery, learn horseback riding and more. :)

I love being active and especially if it involves being outside.

Machka in Oz

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,902 Member

Machka in Oz

:) Line dance
    walking--alone, with dogs, or with a friend
    riding my exercise bike while watching TV or listening to a podcast or audio book

I don't depend on others to be able to exercise so my opportunities are greater

I don't sit still very much

:) Some years ago, as part of a college reunion project we each wrote about our lives in 15 words or less. Here is what I wrote:
    Hubby, dogs, dancing--who could ask for anything more."

<3 Barbie in NW WA