The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,157 Member
    30 days AF 👌😁

Only another 104 days until I am back at my personal best. Can't wait.

Tattoo parlours are open on 26th April in Scotland, so I will be phoning to book an appointment then.....my tattoo will represent my 100 days AF that I managed on prior streak and also be for my parents so it will be really special for me. Really special. ❤🦋🌹💯

That is beautiful. I can't wait to see your tattoo if you want to share it with us. I love the double meaning. Congrats on day 30!!
  • RubyRed427
    @donimfp It will all work itself out. You had a long run AF for six months; you can use those tools you used before, once again.
    I don't believe willpower works, so you may need to reread (like you said) books, focus on sobriety, meditate, etc.
    I believe in you!!
    Thanks for sharing; every time someone shares their experiences, it helps me sooo much.

I have a little voice that sometimes whispers, "sure you can go back to drinking and be normal." I can see for many of us, it's so hard to be a moderate drinker.

@mtngrl3 Sounds like your ex husband needs some parenting lessons- sorry to be blunt. He should be more respectful of you in regards to his girlfriend (having your kids call her mom). That is too confusing for children.
    He should also be big enough to acknowledge your efforts!!! I'm so proud of you!!

• RubyRed427
    I learned a new term just now "California Sober."

Of course, when I read it, I thought 'wow maybe I can be California sober???".
    Nope, won't work for me unfortunately.

Here's an article about it. It's about Demi Lovato and experts in alcohol use disorder.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/health-wellness/2021/04/06/demi-lovato-dancing-devil-explores-california-sober-concept/7089763002/
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,240 Member
    annliz23 wrote: »
    I have failed, I keep trying not each day slip back, I do realise something is going to give sooner or later but not sure how to get out of the spiralling circle!
    I can relate to so much Rubyred427 listed previously, I guess I need to try again and be more positive!

It's only a failure, if you give up trying ! And your here posting, so you've not given up !

Maybe try reading some inspiring books or watching some videos on YouTube by Annie Grace or Rebecca Weller. I find all those folk so inspiring. Good luck 👍

That's I will give it a try!
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,485 Member
    @RubyRed427 I also heard about California Sober. it is laughable. Demi reasons that people on diets don't completely quit eating. WELL NO KIDDING YOU NEED FOOD TO LIVE! You do not need weed and alcohol. Whatever. I do not believe this is going to work for her. She'll probably figure this out before too long
  • RubyRed427
    JenT304 wrote: »
    @RubyRed427 I also heard about California Sober. it is laughable. Demi reasons that people on diets don't completely quit eating. WELL NO KIDDING YOU NEED FOOD TO LIVE! You do not need weed and alcohol. Whatever. I do not believe this is going to work for her. She'll probably figure this out before too long

I do agree with you Jen! Elton John said "hell no, it's not possible." Once the brain is a pickle, we can't go back to being a cucumber.
  • RubyRed427
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    @rubyred427 just read my Fitbit weekly report and you were #2 on my friends list. You are so consistently active!!! Kudos to you!!!! I’m trying, but was #10 🤪

Thanks Beka! I try to stay active. I didn't know we can see each other's Fitbit profiles. I'll have to look! <3