JUST FOR TODAY -- Daily Commitment Thread for 2021

Replies

• bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Yesterday was a decent day, I managed to stay in the green which is a rare occurrence lately! As such I lost 3 of the 4lb of presumably water weight that I'd put on over Easter. Nice to go down so quickly, means hopefully I didn't do as much damage as I thought!

Also had a good day as we finally got around to getting our mortgage in principle done! This now means we can go and look at houses and estate agents will take us seriously as we have proof that banks will lend us some money. This of course now means we have to get off our backsides and actually look at houses, the idea of which stresses me out quite a lot but I'm just going to keep reminding myself that (a) we're very lucky to be in a position to buy (b) we are not in a rush so we can take our time and not feel pressured to buy something we are not happy with.

Yesterday's goals:
    - Log everything I eat and drink :)
    - Be in the green :)
    - Drink four bottles of water :)I did just down one as I'd only drunk three, but I'm going to count it
    - Do something positive to improve mood after work :)

Today's goals will be simple again:

- Log everything I eat and drink
    - Be in the green
    - Drink four bottles of water
    - Stick to food plan

• ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Thursday 8 April

Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals
    Weigh 😊 trend ⬆️ To much Easter chocolate and not enough water or exercise!
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,262 Member

JFT Wednesday

- Up early to take V to school (S had an early workout) :smiley:
    - Weigh :smiley:
    - Train Mark since Jennifer is out. Good that I came in.😁
    - Do some stats/CUSUM work :smiley:
    - Check voltage requirements for new equipment :smiley: Grr... don't have a 230V
    - Figure out a menu for the kids at the regatta😁
    - Maybe go to SAMS ClubπŸ™ƒ doing it Friday
    - Ride or walkπŸ˜•
    - Log foodπŸ˜€
    - Bed by 11:30πŸ˜€

Have a stellar day y'all!

Yesterday was kind of sucky. I are too little sitting the day and was starving by evening. As we eat dinner late, I snacked A LOT. I did manage to barely come in under calories, but my choices were poor leaving me hungry at night. On a good note, I just went to bed early instead of snacking at night. Which meant I stayed within my calorie allotment for the day. Tough being that I didn’t exercise.

Tonight is date night, so I’ll need to limit calories during the day to prepare for this evening. I’m also not drinking right now as my liver enzymes were high on my last round of blood work. I think it’s fine, but want to verify.

I don’t have exercise planned today. My exercise time slot is being taken by going out to the boat house and taking inventory of the food stuff so I can shop tomorrow for Saturday’s regatta. Funny thing is, when we started with Crew, I told them I’d help with anything but food. I despise food service, yet here I am. It is only one week while the regular lady is out. I can do anything for one day.

Here’s to a better day than yesterday...

JFT Thursday
    - Work from home
    - Pay roofers, who are also fixing our siding yay!
    - Take Apple Watch to see if Cheap Geeks can repair the screen.
    - Boat house
    - Date night -no beer
    - bed by 11:30

Have an amazing day y’all!

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,685 Member
    JFT - Wednesday April 7
    1.5L of water - :/ Again, I had the bottle on my desk but forgot to drink it. I can't get enough in after work without being awake all night
    Log all food - :) Every ugly bite of it, scale was up again this morning.
    Walk for 15 minutes - :) I managed 10 again. I think I may have done too much Tuesday night as my back and hips were sore last night.

JFT - Thursday April 8
    1.5L of water
    Log all food
    Walk for 15 minutes

@cschmitz110515 - Happy anniversary to your parents!

@pridesabtch - I don't eat until around 12 or 1 on most days and quit around 9-930 in the evening. This seems to work best for me, I truly am not willing to give up the evening snacking right now, so I try to save some calories for it. I need to reign in the snacking though.

Came to work early to try to get some stuff done, I should get at it.

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited April 2021
    Recap 4/7 W
    1) Walked dog 3.77 mi before work :smiley: happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks :mrgreen: 14/14 boom! 15.3K
    3) Net cals zero / 12c water :( evening snacking -342 & high sodium (Easter ham) & 11c
    4) GA-IT prep / Conflict of Interest form / webinar 10-12 (pace) / print SS EE sheet forgot until end of day then couldn't remember new password & locked myself out of system / email PRO s/s / pack for work at home = 5/6
    5) Wash dishes / declutter 15 min. / start grocery list & meal planning / at least 1 other chore / Hemingway on PBS = 4/5
    6) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / Voltaren / 6:00 alarm (walk dog between rain showers) = 5/5

JFT 4/8 R
    1) Walked dog 3.37mi before work :smiley: happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly
    3) Net cals zero / 12c water
    4) GA-IT prep / webinar 2-3 (pace) / PRO s/s comments
    5) Make scalloped potatoes & ham (more Easter leftovers) / at least 2-3 chores
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / 7:00 alarm (walk dog? x-train? rest?)

Wanted to share several family photos with my parents & brothers. The anniversary cake was made by middle brother's wife and is a replica of the original wedding cake. I'll get to taste leftovers on Sat.
    9i48t5jy6ud0.jpg
    v3noiuihrw78.jpg
    ushlyzo0b5fk.jpg

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21 ~ 4.3.21
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and completed 97.44 miles total / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 ~ completed distance on 3.21.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • brittgreenlikethecolor88
    brittgreenlikethecolor88 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Did well yesterday :) Feeling a bit sluggish today, but will keep at it!!

JFT, Apr 8th @ 152.4 lbs:
    - Stick to my meal plan for the day & NO unplanned, evening snacking!
    - Go for an extra walk this afternoon (~ 15 mins) if my work schedule allows.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,181 Member
    edited April 2021

JFt, Thursday
    1. mindful eating .. no nitetime snacks :) Even though it is only 8 pm .. I am coloring my hair, and going to clean house, so that will keep me busy. We had a late dinner ... and the key .. I have my water bottle that I am carrying with me. When I drink water, I tend to not snack as much. Gee.. .thinks that should be a wake up to me that I am really not hungry, but thirsty!
    2. concentrate on water :) Had to help hubby with pc boards .. so its sit down work. But it is a rainy day.. so I think I filled my water bottle 4x already .. so well over what I need.
    3. listen to podcast :) -- I gave myself a smily, because after I am finished with my hair and cleaning, I am going to grab my ipad and listen to some podcasts. Been tired all day ... so good way to end the day.
    4. other: go for walk :) Got in 4 miles this morning before the rain; work on pc boards :) happy hubby; , laundry >:) = will do tomorrow, unless I start a load tonite yet, scrub kitchen and bathroom floors :) going to do this while coloring in hair sets;, start business expense bookkeeping >:) . Dinner will be leftover scalloped potatoes and ham.. plan a lite lunch :) But put in 2 chicken tenderloins also since not that much leftovers.

JFT, Friday
    1. mindful eating .. think about what I am eating, and why. Am I really hungry, or just thirsty. This pertains mostly to evening snacking. I do great all day .. its the evenings that are the worse for me. Action: Brush teeth, go downstairs, distract myself and wait 15 minutes; drink water
    2. concentrate on 8+ c water
    3. listen to podcast ... do this if I am tired instead of eating
    4. work in the yard; go for a walk; laundry; start business expenses;
    5. friday weigh myself .. no matter what the scale says
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,181 Member
    edited April 2021
    @jeschepp: what a fun job to do wedding cake tastings! And congrats on the long run .. great job!
    @bookmeister - great job losing those 3 pounds so quickly! And congrats on the house hunting! I can still remember when hubby and I looked for houses ... 43 years ago! While frustrating to find just the one we wanted, and could afford, it is so wonderful when you do find that home! Nice to see you posting also .. we missed you!
    @cschmitz110515 -- what lovely family pictures! Thank you for sharing!
    @ pridesabtch -- great job going to bed to stop the snacking! That is a win win. I have to remember this for myself .. many times, I am not hungry, just thirsty or tired.
    @Bex - love the chocolate teapot! I have never seen anything like that! So cute.. and I bet it was good to!
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Ready for the weekend here. It's just been a long, rainy week and I need some down time. Managed to finish a full body functional strength training workout tonight and it wasn't too bad. I can almost do a real full pushup which for me is amazing!

JFT Monday:
    80 oz water βœ…
    stay in the green βœ…
    meet all serving recommendations for 5 food groups βœ…
    30 minutes exercise βœ…
    screens off 8:30 βœ…
    track food, exercise, water and post on JFT βœ…

JFT Tuesday:
    80 oz water
    stay in the green
    meet all serving recommendations for 5 food groups
    rest day-walk or house project
    screens off 8:30
    track food, exercise, water and post on JFT

@bookmeister86 Nicely done! Those are some great wins!
    @bex953172 that is so cool!
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Successfully lost pound 4/4 of Easter weight gain, so back to where I was! I'm going to attribute this to my increased water consumption 'flushing out' the sodium - thanks for the reminder that drinking more water can help get rid of water weight more quickly @TerriRichardson112 ! It's made a big difference to my morale getting rid of it this quickly.

Good day yesterday - got lots done at work, had a fun post-work call with colleagues (who I really miss!) and I was also very happy with the boyfriend as when I got off the call I found that he had been really proactive and found some houses to look at. There's been a little bit of tension between us as I've been feeling like I've been doing a bit more of the work on the mortgage etc - perhaps unfairly - so I was really pleasantly surprised when he'd gone and proactively done stuff. Looked through them together and I think we found one that is worth looking at! It's not quite what we are looking for but it's actually below our budget so in theory we could spend the rest of the budget making modifications to get it as we want it. That's more faff than I want really, but it's worth a look anyway, got to start somewhere!

Anyway, yesterday's goals:
    - Log everything I eat and drink :)
    - Be in the green :#Not so much, I had a post-work drinks call with my colleagues and drank quite a lot more than I was planning to (got a bit carried away...) Ended up 350 over
    - Drink four bottles of water :)Albeit I have just basically downed the last one (again)
    - Stick to food plan :|Went a lot over on the drinking, but despite this did manage to resist extra snacking which is a reasonable achievement actually

Today's goals:

- Log everything I eat & drink
    - Stick to food & drink plan
    - Drink four bottles of water

Happy Friday everyone!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member

cy3q8iv5moy0.jpg

πŸ”ΉWord - Balance
    πŸ”ΉI am in tune with my dreams
    πŸ”ΉI know what is right for me
    πŸ”ΉI will pursue my dreams and greatest passion
    Life Affirmations

πŸ”ΉI live in congruence with my authentic self
    πŸ”ΉI am mindful
    πŸ”ΉI am creative every day
    πŸ”ΉI foster positivity
    πŸ”ΉI am compassionate
    Keep your chin up!
    Turning up is the ultimate success!
    • Name: Terri
    • SW: 227 (Mar 2014)
    • Joined MFP: Jan 2015
    • 1st Goal: 190 Sept 2015
    • 01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    • 31 Dec 2020: 145.6
    • 1 Jan 2021: 147.2
    • 8 Jan: 144.2 (lowest in many years)
    • 15 Jan: 145.2
    • 22 Jan: 144.9
    • 14 Feb: 144.0

UGW: 142 < x > 148βœ…
    • 27 Mar: 144.4
    • 8 April: 143.2
    • Total weight loss: 83
    Daily Goals:
    Thu: βœ… Fri: Sat: Sun: Mon: Tue: Wed:
    1. Weight 142 < x > 148: βœ… 1/7
    2. Reduce Fat%: βœ… 28.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2 23.4 [/s] 23.1 ⏬
    3. Increase Muscle%: βœ… 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9: 31.3 ⏫
    4. Calories in the green βœ… 1/7
    5. Steps > 7500 βœ… 1/7
    6. Intentional exercise > 50 mins dailyβœ… 1/7
    7. Active hours > 6 daily βœ… 1/7
    🌷Positive intentions for Fri 9 April:
    • Meditation πŸ˜€
    • Weigh/post weight πŸ˜€
    • Outdoor walk
    • Laundry
    • Daily Chores
    • Puzzles: Watch TV:
    • Travel Books: reading 'Slow trains to Venice'
    • Keep up to date with email πŸ˜„
    • Daily goals updateπŸ˜€

Feb/March/April DAILY RED CUP CHALLENGE (8 x 8oz water)
    Feb: 5/5
    Mar: 31/31
    Apr:
    πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§
    πŸ’§

NLNS
    (7 March β€”->) 24/25
    April: LNS: 0 --> Me: 8

As I said, this process is full of anomalies, with frequent plateaus, and surprises. After hovering around 145 for months, and despite Easter indulgences, the scale is slowly moving down again.

THERE ARE NO QUICK FIXES OR SHORTCUTS to achieving permanent change.
    REMINDERS: One or two thoughts to remember.
    • Daily weight fluctuations are normal, and can be as much as 2 lbs a day for no apparent reason.
    • A general downward trend is what we are looking for.
    • The scale is only one gauge of progress. Others include Measurements, clothes fit, improvement in general well-being/fitness.
    • Eating out can cause apparent weight gain because of high sodium levels, but usually goes quickly. Drinking extra water helps with this.
    • The human body does not react instantly to what we do to it. Sometimes it can take several days to see results.
    • Plateaus are a normal part of the process. The body is consolidating and adapting to your new way of eating/exercising.
    • The closer you get to your goal weight, the more difficult it becomes to lose weight, as your body becomes more efficient at using what you feed it.
    • When you exercise you build muscle, which takes up less space than fat, so use measurements as well as weight to assess your progress.
    • Getting/Staying fit and healthy requires a lifestyle change for most people.
    Stick with the process. It DOES work! But it does take time, effort, and most of all, patience!

Terri πŸ¦„

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member
    @jeschepp: A friend in need excuses wedding cake tastings! πŸ˜‚ And YAY for push-ups progress.
    @bookmeister - YAY for losing all 4 Easter pounds so quickly! You must be so excited to be house hunting! It’s such a big step. May your search be fruitful.
    @cschmitz110515 -- WOW! Your parents must have been young when they married. Lovely family pictures! πŸ₯° The cake!
    @ pridesabtch -- going to bed to stop the snacking is a great strategy.
    @Bex953172 β€” 😍 chocolate teapot! Such fun!
    @mytime6630 - you are doing so well with the distractions to break the cycle. And your encouragement and support means a lot to us. Thank you for being you.

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Wednesday

WFTY: Persistence. I did run this morning. Just feeling really discouraged.

Why so discouraged? Is it just the running or in general? I think you are doing great with activity.

In general. Sometimes feelings are like that. I kind of meant it as "I did The Good Thing this morning, got up early and ran two miles, and yet I still feel really discouraged." Emotions aren't always rational, though in this case I think it's related to the demands of my job. Lately, teaching takes so much out of me, mentally, emotionally, and organizationally, that at the end of the school day I'm drained and it's hard to be creative or productive or even just enjoy anything.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Friday
    1. 1 set of lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Post class plan right away on screen AND on site. AM run.
    2. Pit Crew: Answer 5x5.
    3. Classes: Catch-up day. Starter: "Sympathy," Paul Dunbar.
    4. Planning: Lunges. Email about late work. P&P notes ch 16. Input new project checks. Grade 5 projects on-time.
    5. Lunch: Tikka Masala. Draft notes for issues script.
    6. Afternoon: Walk at park? 1 hour Clois. TAXES?
    7. Evening: S&F 4. Dinner: ??. Breathe. Set 2 of lifts.
    8. Drink more water. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Do the therapy exercises and lifts. Stretch. Chop celery and pack lunch. Set out clothes for tomorrow. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    9. Shower. Review papers by desk. File or trash.
    10. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Wed book group. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? Choose orgs for donations.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of January: 189.8
    End of February: 190.0
    Today: 194.2

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – March? ObG schedule for April. Schedule PCP for May.
    7. Theater: Little Princess.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story. Open Wordpress in Safari.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 15 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks, horse stance for 5 breaths.
    14. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. There HAVE been times when the goal wasn't just to make it to the next mini-break. These days it takes everything I have just to make it to the end of each class period.
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,262 Member

JFT Thursday
    - Work from home :smiley:
    - Pay roofers, who are also fixing our siding yay! :smiley:
    - Take Apple Watch to see if Cheap Geeks can repair the screen. :smiley:
    - Boat house :smiley:
    - Date night -no beer :smiley:
    - bed by 11:30 :smiley:

Have an amazing day y’all!

Funny I thought I had failed a few goals yesterday because I hadn't exercised, but I guess that was planned and I just got thrown off by my evening adventures. Somehow I find myself in charge of food for the regatta tomorrow. Luckily the lady who normally does it was able to help me figure things out yesterday. Breakfast is eggs, turkey bacon, pancakes and fruit. There are snacks available during non meal times. Then dinner is chicken fajitas. Doesn't sound like much, but there are 29 kids and the parents are able to eat too. Anyway we shopped and loaded the food trailer.

I did go over calories yesterday, but only by 20 and I don't really even count going over by less than 100.

No real plans for the evening, the kids are doing their own things until about 7:00 or 8:00. That leaves time for exercise, but not sure what type I'll do. Hopefully I'll do something and not just lay on the couch. It will help if I make it a goal.

Anyway...

JFT Friday

- Weigh :smiley:
    - Work by 8:00 :smiley:
    - Revise documents, yawn
    - Exercise, walk or ride
    - Shower
    - Maybe dinner out with hubby
    - Log food
    - Bed by 11:30

Have a stellar day y'all!
  • WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member

For Thursday, New Day

-1999 calories 1921
    -Work out for 90 minutes 71

For Friday, New Day,

-1999 calories. Still have work to do to get my April averaged back below 2000. One day of overeating makes a difference. Making progress on this front but I'm not there.
    -Work out for 90 minutes.

• beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 948 Member
    Is it Friday already? Slept in Thursday morning and awoke to a cheery text from my mom encouraging me to get down to the beach to enjoy the beautiful day. So I doubled down on getting my work done and never got around to posting goals. I did, however, manage to get out and walk on the boardwalk for an hour.

It’s been nice to have a lighter teaching load this week, allowing me to take longer walks and decompress a bit. Now the trick will be keeping up with my exercise commitment during the hectic weeks ahead.

Wednesday 4/7
    β€’ Quick grocery trip - X
    β€’ Complete β€œpaperwork” for Fall ’21 course assignment - √
    β€’ Grading (It never really ends.) – Nope.
    β€’ Walk! - √ - 90 min on hilly terrain

JFT Friday 4/9
    β€’ Email testing reminders for College Readiness students – Done!
    β€’ Get those groceries!
    β€’ Walk
    β€’ Straighten the house for the weekend
    β€’ Score diagnostic test for new tutoring group

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,685 Member
    JFT - Thursday April 8
    1.5L of water - :/
    Log all food - :)
    Walk for 15 minutes - :/

JFT - Friday April 9
    1.5L of water
    Log all food
    Walk for 15 minutes

I worked from 7am to 8pm yesterday so didn't get any walking in, and again I forgot to drink water sitting on my desk. I also forgot to really eat all day so the scale is staying pretty static right now.

@Bex953172 - Love the teapot! What a great idea. I just read that Prince Philip passed away, I thought of the Queen as well. My Grandmother got me very interested in the Royal Family when I was young. She had 3 or 4 large scrapbooks full of news articles on them and told me frequently of watching the Queen's coronation.

@cschmitz110515 - What a lovely idea to replicate their wedding cake. Your parents look young for being married 65 years.

@bookmeister86 - House hunting is exciting.

@pridesabtch - That's a lot of people to prepare food for, I hope you have help at the regatta.

Our payroll project is a complete disaster, I fear it's going to be delayed again.

I should get to work.