Women 200lb+, Let's Amaze Ourselves This April!!!

Replies

• tiffdaski
    tiffdaski Posts: 20 Member
    @girlinkaz You look great! I love a good progress photo. They're so motivating :)
  • girlinkaz
    girlinkaz Posts: 90 Member
    @tiffdaski thanks!! Best of luck to you on your journey as well!

I do HIIT and I’m not sure if this is the right way or not, but I go to workout routine and I build the routine (inputting what exercise I do, how many reps, how much weight, how many seconds etc for each set). Then I save it and when I repeat the workout (I alternate 2 videos for 2 weeks and then go on to the next set), I can just click and log. It’s a little time consuming the first time and I’m not 100% sure if it’s all the way accurate (since I don’t have any kind of fitness watch to compare with yet) but that’s what I’ve been doing.
  • tiffdaski
    tiffdaski Posts: 20 Member
    edited April 2021
    Thanks @girlinkaz ! I'll maybe try doing that one day :)
  • misplacedmama
    misplacedmama Posts: 78 Member
    @tiffdaski Maybe "circuit training"? That's what your workout sounds like?
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    SW (Jan 2021): 219.6
    HT: 5'4

Friday Weigh-in
    April 2: 196.2 - Down .8lbs
    April 9: 197.4 - Up 1.2

Thoughts: Overall, I had a good week. I moved a little more, and I ate slightly healthier than usual. Since I didn't log my meals for the week and didn't have much of an appetite, I believe I didn't eat enough. Plus, it's that wonderful TOM, and I was bloated. I'll knock it out of the park with the scale next week.

Hope everyone is still lazer focused on your goals!
  • kelMee2
    kelMee2 Posts: 203 Member
    Hi everyone
    So this week I decided it was time to get back on the exercise bike and decided that I would aim for at least 5km each day. Some days I've done 15km and some 7.5 km but I make sure I'm working up a sweat. I'm trying to eat more of my calories too because the scale only seems to move for me when I eat more which sounds silly but I only see a drop when I'm eating more so my aim for this week is to eat my allocated calories and some of my exercise calories and see if that makes much difference. Its nice to see all your goals and mini goals and everyone working towards them, it really makes a difference knowing we're all aiming for the same thing and trying to stay accountable to see that weight loss.
    Sw 220lbs (08.03.21)
    April Sw 209.8
    Cw 208.4
  • girlinkaz
    girlinkaz Posts: 90 Member
    @speyerj Thanks for the advice! And thanks for consistently sharing your story. It’s so inspiring and gives me a clear picture of where I want to be a year from now!
  • jazzadesigns
    jazzadesigns Posts: 477 Member
    Height: 5'7”
    SW: 257.8 (Jan 14, 2021)
    April SW: 235.0
    GW for April: 231
    Ultimate GW: 170

I usually weigh in on Saturdays, but weighed yesterday for another challenge.

Apr 1: 235.0
    Apr 10: 236.6
    Apr 17:
    Apr 24:
    Apr 30:

I’m a little bummed that I went up. I started a daily squat challenge on 4/1 with a friend on MFP. Today’s the first I’ve weighed since then. So maybe the exercise difference is the reason??

I am loving my new fitbit. Especially the steps per hour reminder. The highest steps I’ve had so far is 9,100 and my average is probably around 7,000. At work I sit at my desk for 8 hours every day so it’s hard. So my goal is to try to get to 10,000 steps.
  • trinati2001
    trinati2001 Posts: 262 Member
    @jazzadesigns do you have a scale that also measures body fat? That is another way to do a quick check to see if a weight gain is related to muscle weight (slight decrease in body fat %). Also I've read that when building muscles you also get inflammation which mean more water retention.... So if you have been sore from the squats it could be that as well.