Less Alcohol - APRIL 2021 - One Day At A Time

Replies

• globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,517 Member
    Chocolate coconut mocktail....that looks delicious!

AF yesterday as is the plan for rest of April. I ran into some stress yesterday (have to make some job related important life decisions and my options are not what I want) and got a headache from it so I just declared I didn't feel well and put myself to bed early, reading a book to fall asleep. My body was communicating with me again, it just needed downtime and I listened.

About the anxiety discussion, I had used alcohol to melt it away and un-depress me. It energized me and I got very creative under the influence. But that effect as you know, only lasts a few hours and then the price has to be paid - that night, the next morning, the next day.....and the anxiety and depression return, intensified. So yeah, when you want a drink, it's good to stop and think of that "whole cycle" and talk back to yourself and give yourself some better alternatives.
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,547 Member
    @globalhiker a hike sounds like a perfect way to start the weekend. How far will you hike, do you go alone or with your husband?