Less Alcohol - APRIL 2021 - One Day At A Time

Replies

• lmlmrn
    lmlmrn Posts: 777 Member
    @ahoy_m8 I can certainly resonate with your two different cases:
    1. recognizing the 'the devil', but I never felt pity for him, just for myself who feel the pull and feel powerless to stop
    2. wanting to stick to my plan more, but feel resentful that I'm not getting more....that whole fear of missing out

I am on month 3 of less alcohol days (Feb 21 days AF, March 23 AF days) with longer and longer stretches in between drink days. I read all these posts and the insights have been more helpful for me than any book I read, or 'blogs and vlogs' those always seemed so general and impersonal that left me indifferent to my 'situation'. After being here now for 3 months I have learned more about myself and alcohol in general and how it effects your body than anywhere else. Big shout out to @MissMay @globalhiker @Lilylady3k @Womona and all the rest of you wonderful people.
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    DH & I worked in the yard all morning/afternoon after my walk. My daughter brought over her dogs and they played in the baby pool she & her husband bought last year and left in our garage. Too funny. It was a beautiful day.
    One St Arnold's Summer Pils beer (my favorite beer is back in season) with fajita dinner.

April accountability: 4/30 days AF
    Alcohol: 6 days (11 drinks)
    Goal: Limit 1-2 glasses per day; 12-16 AF days per month. Aim to drink no more than 2 nights in a row.

4/1 - AF
    4/2 - 3 wine
    4/3 - 2 wine
    4/4 - AF
    4/5 - 2 wine
    4/6 - 2 wine
    4/7 - AF
    4/8 - AF
    4/9 - 1 wine
    4/10 - 1 beer
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,582 Member
    lmlmrn wrote: »
    @ahoy_m8 I can certainly resonate with your two different cases:
    1. recognizing the 'the devil', but I never felt pity for him, just for myself who feel the pull and feel powerless to stop
    2. wanting to stick to my plan more, but feel resentful that I'm not getting more....that whole fear of missing out

I am on month 3 of less alcohol days (Feb 21 days AF, March 23 AF days) with longer and longer stretches in between drink days. I read all these posts and the insights have been more helpful for me than any book I read, or 'blogs and vlogs' those always seemed so general and impersonal that left me indifferent to my 'situation'. After being here now for 3 months I have learned more about myself and alcohol in general and how it effects your body than anywhere else. Big shout out to @MissMay @globalhiker @Lilylady3k @Womona and all the rest of you wonderful people.

@ahoy_m8 and @lmlmrn YES!!! This! FOMO! I feel like I’m missing the fun when DH drinks and I don’t.
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,582 Member
    Janatki wrote: »
    Hi! My name is Jan & I have been on MFP for about 6 weeks or so!
    Made the decision to join this group as I enjoy alcohol at the weekends too much and I do not like that.
    I am thinking that alcohol is a trigger that makes me go over on my calories and I need to lose weight for my health - I am clinically obese.
    I can be okay with having just one glass of wine, but often at the weekends in particular, one glass then becomes to 2 ... and then 3. And then I overeat.
    My Aim- I would like to have one glass of wine at the end of the working week, and one glass at the weekend, but to remain within my calorie limits to lose this weight.
    Gonna to have a trial run this week & aim for alcohol free days in the week - to be fair this isn’t too hard as I have been working on stress at work, my work life balance and I don’t like to drink on work nights anyway as I am often my son’s taxi to footy training sessions & matches!
    Edited to include plan for weekend - 1 or max 2 glasses of wine on Friday & Saturday if planned & can be incorporated Ito calories

Welcome!!!! A number of us in this thread found that cutting back on alcohol helps the pounds drop off. There is definitely something about drinking that makes us reach for food we aren’t particularly hungry for- either we have lowered our inhibitions, or we need something salty to counteract the taste of the alcohol. Or, in my case, both!!!