• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    🖐️😊💙🌞
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,504 Member
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Allie: You have been busy! :flowerforyou:

Pip: I like your Meerkat and your pup! :star:

Margaret: I agree with you that rioting is a bad thing. I think of you and your son often. His treatment by the police back then was appalling. I’ve been watching the proceedings on TV. A forensic doctor/coroner has testified and given good information. His work seems to be primarily on people who have died. I believe that more is to come next week. I hope that justice can be achieved with better training for police and strict rules on caring for human beings. I also hope the brutal officers are charged with their the killing of an unarmed citizen & set for trial. We can’t fix the past, but perhaps we can learn and improve things now and into the future. This is my wish and prayer. :heart:

Heather: Since Prince Phillip has passed away, who will be the new royal in charge? Is Charles next in line? Might he remain a prince or become the king? :flowerforyou:

A friend has recommended buckwheat flour. Have any of you used it? What do you think of it?

Katla in NW Oregon

The queen is in charge and was when Phillip was alive. When the queen dies then prince Charles will b king
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,631 Member
    B)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,809 Member
    edited April 2021
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    Heather

The tv channels here spend hours and hours and days showing details for any event they consider news worthy....deaths, government announcements, etc..

Carol in GA

Here as well. Sports also take priority. Last night there was a movie I hoped to watch and it was even being shown on 2 related channels according to the guide. But 2 different unannounced sports events took priority. That's just the way it goes sometimes. I watched a Phryne Fisher DVD instead and probably enjoyed that more than the movie.

That's why I have a growing collection of DVDS. You can't count on what might be shown on TV.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,809 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    fh2hxjt2roq5.png

Zwift!

Distance: 10.73km
    Elevation: 28m
    Moving Time: 31:21
    Elapsed Time: 31:21
    Calories: 110

........................ Avg .............. Max
    Speed ............ 20.5km/h ....... 42.1km/h
    Heart Rate ..... 133bpm ......... 152bpm
    Cadence ........ 71 .................. 99
    Power ............ 62W ............... 95W

Machka in Oz

>>>

This is near where I live!

Karen in Virginia

It is based on Richmond Virginia.
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,780 Member
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,189 Member
    Quiet day today. Reading newspaper. Languages, Exercises.
    The cleaner came. She has given herself a pay rise, which I don't object to, but it was rather a large hike all at once! I discussed it with my DDIL, as we share her, and she was OK with it, so I'm going along with it. It was a bit of a shock though, to put it up by nearly a third!
    Well, I definitely don't want to do it. :p
    I think it's right that they should receive good renumeration for a hard job, but I'm glad I only need her once a fortnight! :o

Sauerkraut, cabbage, onion, bacon and kielbasa for dinner, with Brittany cider. Wholegrain mustard.

Going to watch Young Montalbano tonight. Need to brush up my Italian for next year - Italy, Sicily, Sardinia. I'm reluctant to really go for it though as I'm worried it will affect my Spanish. I do get them horribly mixed up.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    @kjlamore
    Have any of you had to re-think or re-do your bathrooms due to advancing age and declining physical ability?

my sister had to have a couple of bars put in after a long ailment a couple of years ago. she was a renter in public housing so it was free.i'm sure my mom had to use a shower stool at some point.

today i've had 2 sorts of veggies so far! LOL (carrot juice and leeks!)

kymarai wrote: »
    Good Tuesday!
    Catching up on work paperwork for past 4 hours. Taking short break.

Julie I understand the ritual. My husband's morning ritual is set in concrete! I really need to get into rituals or routines, but somehow life keeps me on my toes! I do have to have things organized a certain way to work on them though. Papers must be sorted before my brain can comprehend what I am suppose to do. I can leave dishes in sink, but can't concentrate with clutter around the house. I am weird.🤪

Back to the grinding wheel. I dont even go to work for another 2 hours!

Kylia in Ohio where folks are wanting to cut grass but mowers not starting.

@Kymarai i need things to be sorted to think too. it's been a disaster (or relative disaster) for a while. Of late i've really been getting more on top of things.
  • bananasandoranges

barbiecat wrote: »
    :)five different veggies I buy frozen mixed vegetables (corn, green beans, carrots, peas) and add some limas and steam them in a saucepan on the stove and voila---five veggies every day.

:)Sleep, I learned a long time ago that I can't make myself sleep when my body has different ideas, so I just go with the flow. There's a lot to do while lying awake--some of it is productive and some of it results in falling asleep again.
    <3 Barbie in NW WA

Exactly for the veggies! Easy peas-y! (pun half-intended)

SLEEP APPROACH:
    New approach:
    -going to bed at 10 or 11.
    -put on "pink noise", as background sound
    -setting screen to go dimmer and yellower at night
    -no coffee after 2pm, no green tea after 4pm.
    -no alcohol, (so far anyway)
    -in bed for 7 to 9 hours
    -not a lot of starch late in day

• bananasandoranges
    Sue in WA, i would also definitely not go to CO. if she's sober maybe a zoom, but not for 3 hours.
    I have never found it useful to anyone to listen to people going off the end at length. i used to listen to people going on and on sometimes, and then it felt like i wasn't really being a friend -that way- cause inside i was feeling really disconnected from them in their endless blah-blah-blah, whereas they were probably imagining they were being heard. So now i try to interject at some point and make the convesation more reciprocal or just jump in and give some info about me. i think i started learning that with some guys some years ago. some - even charming- will just go on and on about themselves but they don't mind if i make a point to interject...

in french they call that "emptying one's bag" when people just go on and on and on without really any concern about listening.
  • bananasandoranges
    @Machka9 i love the pic of the queen and prince Philip making her laugh!

SPORTS
    not a priority for me. that's the one area of the newspaper i will without exception skip. sometimes i do a news quiz and when there are sports questions that is absolutely a blind spot for me.

i've been working on a job application that requires a 5 page written document (about my approach) and another document.

my concentration is relatively poor at the moment. i was rewriting and gluing and pasting various documents together.

too much- and .....'arrg"

• KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,827 Member
    <3
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,027 Member
    Nowadays I eat eggs for breakfast at nine, then hot cocoa with fiber stirred into it. Then oatmeal for lunch at noon with protein powder stirred into that. Then boiled chicken at three. And maybe 200 calories of filler. I have spinach to make a salad but I keep reaching for the baking chocolate! I am largely sedentary, hoping that as I lose weight my knee will be happier and I can move more. Hope I can stick to this program! I am allergic to dairy, so no milk, cheese or butter.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,027 Member
    I wanted to rethink things because my sister lost four pounds. It shouldn't matter, but it does.😉 But my routine is pretty well optimized when I stick to it. My mom cooks a lot of fried food and red meat. I do better eating my boiled chicken at three and using IF as an excuse to skip supper. Then I can concentrate on helping her prepare supper for her and my dad.

I have a stretch and dumbbells and calisthenics routine that I do Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. So that works. I haven't had a cookie in three days. So that's going well. I think I am on the right track as long as I stay away from the cookies and other random treats my mom brings home.