Accountability buddy

Replies

• Antara_Kld
    Antara_Kld Posts: 84 Member
    RandJ6280 wrote: »
    @Antara_Kld I agree, in my head I KNOW what to do, but actually doing in everyday.. I struggle. Like last night OH NO, I tripped and fell last night... smack dab into a bowl of chips and salsa.. .and well actually also into rice, beans, taco and a small burrito. With that.. .my weight was up today.. ugh!!!! The price I paid.
    I don't think I look THAT bad, just not where I want to be. I need to lose, like you, 30lbs.

So, Antara, lets get busy and do right, choose right today!

OH my.. Exactly!!! I justified that I can open a bag of chips and just eat 10....🤣🤣🤣🤣 Of that's not the case... And once I started, I continued with chicken kung pao,since I had already fallen off the wagon...
    Today, so far so good. I am thinking of calling it an early night.. If I am sleeping, I am not snacking, right??? 😅
  • Antara_Kld
    @beshamama Does it work, not buying your favorite snacks??? Perhaps, I will '' retire '' 'the snacks in the cupboard, at least for a time, when I am over thinking about them... I thought it was healthier to resist temptation, that to exclude snacks completely from my life and eating habits, but perhaps I am not ready for that yet...
  • Antara_Kld
    @kiay131982 congrats on the 4 on 4 workouts!!! And let's find that mindset together!! If I go for the training tomorrow it will be the fifth this week.. I am not into big power mode workouts, - baby steps - I am afraid of injuries, and my back and are are prone to them!!! I am contend for now just to keep moving onward!!

And I'm certain you will get that muscle tone back!!! 💪
  • Antara_Kld
    @Everydayforward congrats on your weight loss!! Taking the first step and acknowledging the state I was, was the hardest part for me.. Even though I knew I had taken on weight, since the clothes didn't quit fit, I refused to get on a scale. When I finally got on, I saw a number that I never thought I would reach. It all happened so gradually... And the embarrassment, the loathing, just made not wanting to interact with people, justifying it by saying that I first need to lose the weight and then I will continue with my social life... A BIG NO NO...

• PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,322 Member
    edited April 2021
    @Antara_Kld, @kelynette, @alwaysgreen17, and @Everydayforward - WELCOME! It’s good to have you here! Somehow, I missed greeting @bellfamily6109 and @sheakatherine23 so a belated welcome to you, too!

I’m older than you but I identified with your story @Antara_Kld and joined when I had about 30 pounds to lose, too. I’m about 5-10 pounds from my goal now because I’d like to have a little ‘wiggle room’ before focusing on maintaining a steady balance of nutrition and fitness.

@kelynette - I often look back at older pictures and wonder why I didn’t feel happy with the way I looked at the time. In retrospect, I always have a more favorable view of myself so maybe it would help to reflect on what your future self will think about the way you are living life now. Wishing everyone self-compassion as we strive for continuous improvement. We’re always a work in progress so I’m going to try to enjoy the feel of the clay in my hands as I shape it. Who knows, maybe old lady skin tags will be a popular thing on Mars and I’ll set a new trend. 😂

Wednesday is my weigh in day and I was at 133 so I didn’t change too much but I fluctuated a pound or two higher/ lower during the week. My MFP weekly nutrition data showed a higher sodium amount (+250mg) and my macros were a bit off balance (-5% protein and +5% carbs) but my daily calorie average wasn’t as bad as I imagined. It looked like a bell curve, peaking over the holiday weekend, but only 91 calories per day over target so I guess that’s basically maintenance level. I still need to get a better handle on eating ‘cleaner’ with more fruit and vegetables but I can live with the results this week. I’ll just need to be cautious when businesses opens up again and I find myself in more social situations focused on food and drinking. I’ve been trying to build a regular habit of meeting a friend for walks but we haven’t been as consistent as I’d hoped.

My goals this week are:
    (1) Add more natural and nutritious calories to replace current afternoon snack and carb-heavy dinners (e.g., apple sauce instead of cheese and crackers, replace rice or potato with a green vegetable or salad at dinner);
    (2) Continue the decluttering project; and
    (3) Sign up for at least one rowing outing this week.

I mailed some packages last week so I finally had a breakthrough with my goal of reaching out to friends and family more regularly. Thank you to @kiay131982 for the gentle nudge! I’d like to keep the momentum going there... Have a great Friday and enjoy the weekend, everyone!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    RandJ6280 wrote: »
    I tripped and fell last night... smack dab into a bowl of chips and salsa.. .and well actually also into rice, beans, taco and a small burrito.

😂🤣😅🤣 - I like your sense of humor. Today’s a clean slate so no worries. Just watch your step.
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Well I stuck to my word. 48 min walk burning 322 cals doing 5 km. Avg pace was 9’29”
  • beshamama
    beshamama Posts: 240 Member
    @Antara_Kld Ir I know myself and I know that having a bag of chips that I love will be gobbled up in like 2 days....by mostly me 🤣 I tried to just set aside my allotted snacks(a serving size) but once it was gone I did not have the willpower to leave the chips alone!
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    I am also bad if there is something in the house like that I will eat till they are gone

Today’s plan is 45 min brisk walk on treadmill at 4.0 mph. Way to windy and chilly this morning to get outside.
  • DsOrangeWife
    DsOrangeWife Posts: 49 Member
    edited April 2021
    Hello. I'm also sending a support system in my weight loss journey so I would love to find other females looking for accountability buddies!

I'm 35, 240, and looking to drop 90 lbs,
  • ladychr0nic
    ladychr0nic Posts: 127 Member
    Hello all. Good to see everyone killin it!! One day at a time, we can do this :)

I've been doing pretty good. Excited to get active with my pup today and go on a big walk. Trying to decide what to make for dinner tonight. I've taken over the kitchen in my house and I'm actually really enjoying it! I made a yummy vegetable curry yesterday which turned out really good. I had to eat light during the day to be able to enjoy some naan bread. Totally worth it. I can't believe how many calories those are! I used to eat so many when I had Indian food. Times have definitely changed and I'm not even mad about it. Definitely loving this new way of eating. I feel so much more in control of my intake and feel so good when you see the scale move in the right direction. I am enjoying weighing in everyday, it definitely helps keep me on track. I can see when I'm up a little bit and make adjustments for the day.

I hope everyone has a good weekend!
  • beshamama
    Weekend goals:
    *Easy on the booze
    * continue to exercise
    * Don’t forget to log food

Hope you all have a great weekend!
  • musikalmami237
    musikalmami237 Posts: 214 Member
    Hi everyone! Please feel free to add me 😊 I've lost 45 lb in the past while using mfp. However I wasn't very good at maintenance (became lazy and complacent) and gained it all back plus more. Recently I've lost 23 pounds and still have about 30 to go. Love having women accountability partners so please feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • Antara_Kld
    @ladychr0nic OH!! Walks with pups are the best!!! Congrats on taking control of your kitchen and leading your scale to the right direction!!! Keep up!! Make something yummy!!! :)
  • Antara_Kld
    @beshamama I will play as well!!
    Weekend goals :
    Walking instead of driving
    Last meal before 21.00
    At least 2 litres of water per day!!
  • Antara_Kld
    @musikalmami237 oh yeah!! I think maintaining the weight loss might be more difficult than losing the actual weight!! Every time I am within the scope of the desired weight, somehow I gain it all back
    .. With a bonus!! This time I will try it with partners in crime... meaning the mfp community!! Let's go!!
  • beshamama
    I caved and bought a soda stream today. I am in love with it!! So far have made root beer and just sugar free strawberry flavored water. I like how you can adjust the soda syrup to make it be not as sweet. My girls thought it was Xmas again today! They love it as much as I do! This will be super helpful for my wanting to curb my booze intake. Some nights I just want something with a bit of fizz and buying the same old flavors in the can was getting boring 🤣

• manny08phs
    manny08phs Posts: 23 Member
    It would be nice to see other people in my feed working towards their goals as well. Most of my friends on here are inactive. Hmu if you want a new friend!
  • jessphill2020
    jessphill2020 Posts: 37 Member
    Hi I am stuck at 154 lbs - would really be nice just to be at least 10 lbs lighter. I absolutely do not want to starve myself and I am walking daily to help burn calories. I was hoping that joining this group my help. I have been logging now for 85 days and have dropped from 165 lbs, which is good but now it is getting really tough.

Congrats on the progress this far! Sounds great! I know it’s hard when you stop seeing the numbers drop for a while. You may be gaining muscle which is why the scale isn’t moving as much as in the beginning. You’ll get there. 💪

• PatriceFitnessPal
    @LonelyAdipose, @musikalmami237 and @manny08phs - Welcome to the group!

I post my weekly goals here and then check in a few times each week to encourage others and/ or reflect on my progress as a way to stay accountable. Today was my weigh in day and I was up by a couple of pounds. I’ve been fluctuating between 133-135 and dipped a little lower once or twice but not moving much. This might turn out to be my maintenance weight. I’ve been under some stress at work and thinking about giving up the one contract that is due for renewal in August. The new state leaders are good in many ways but it’s a different culture. They are very focused on monitoring and compliance, which is very important, but my focus is more on the continuous system improvement and individual capacity building. They don’t seem to feel as responsible to supporting the change with the people involved as much as directing or managing them. There are times for each but our styles seem to conflict more than complement one another. I’d be giving up a substantial percentage of my income so I need to really figure out whether to invest my energy in preparing a proposal - between now and the June deadline - that helps outline how the monitoring and continuous improvement work together or redirect my energy to developing new business. I set up an appointment for tomorrow with someone who might be able to offer some insight so I’m leaving my thoughts here so I don’t worry anymore about it today.

Here is my update for the week on the goals I set last Thursday:

(1) Add more natural and nutritious calories to replace current afternoon snack and carb-heavy dinners (e.g., apple sauce instead of cheese and crackers, replace rice or potato with a green vegetable or salad at dinner)

I ate more salad but still need work on the snacking choices. Most of the bakery goods that my husband bought are gone now, so that should help. I only ate a little each day but, as noted before, the calories add up unless I offset with extra workouts, which were difficult to fit in this week.

(2) Continue the decluttering project;

I’ve been slowly conquering stacks of papers but I’m spending far more time reviewing than necessary. My son’s college roommate might stay with us at the end of the month as a stopover place to meet his parents. Our house is about half way between their hometown in upstate New York and Clemson University in South Carolina. So, I have some additional motivation to work at a faster pace. Incremental progress is better than no progress so, while I’m not completely satisfied, I’ll take it.

(3) Sign up for at least one rowing outing this week.

Today is my first outing on the river this rowing season so I’m looking forward to it. I really enjoyed the special erg (rowing machine) class I took with the great music. As @kiay131982 noted, it can add a lot to the workout. I felt so energized and they have headsets that each tower uses so I felt the team rhythm but it was also very personal. We’ve been rowing in single sculls during the pandemic so it was nice to feel the collective power again. We’re sculling for now, and I’ll continue to pursue both the 8 person boats and individual shells, so I was glad to have the opportunity to build a new skill. It was a positive distraction during a bleak time.

There was some miscommunication over the start of the Masters’ soccer league (AKA old people soccer, or football for our friends across most of the world) so I didn’t start last Sunday as planned. They shuffled the teams because not all the groups were able to recruited enough women and we have at least 5 female players on our team, with a move and a pregnancy reducing our ranks from 7 or more). I’ll miss the men on our team, who are generous passing to the women and wonderful people, but it will still be good to keep me accountable to a weekly cardio exercise. And, maybe “our men” will have a good influence on the other teams as they spread out across the league! 😀 ... I’ve been thinking of replacing soccer with roller hockey, which are skills I developed more than soccer when I was young, but I’ve put that off for now because I don’t have the equipment. My younger brother is a hockey coach and he said he’d give me a stick so I’ll revisit the idea later.

Well, this turned out to be a much longer status report than I planned so I’ll sign off now. I hope everyone is having a good week. Let us know how things are going for you and best wishes in achieving your goals!