Fighting Old Age like a boss!

52 yr old using the app to track the macros and fitness. In good shape but fighting Old Age is a b*! I hear it’s undefeated, but I’m not going down without a fight. Stop by and say hi and keep each other on track!

Replies

• MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    49 and I'm just hitting my stride.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    KHMcG wrote: »
    49 and I'm just hitting my stride.

Absolutely.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    Effectively younger at 65, personally, than I was at 45, between fitness improvement, weight loss, and related improvements (to solidly normal now) in all those pesky health markers like blood pressure, cholesterol, etc.

Put in the work, be patient, you'll surprise yourself with the results.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    edited April 2021
    (Oops, duplicate post)
  • serapel
    serapel Posts: 502 Member
    Hey I’m 50 this year and proud of my upkeep and progress. I’m in great shape; hip thrusting 300 lbs and performing squat variations.

Maintain upper body too more with push ups and calisthenics (TRX, etc).
  • AuthorMatthewV
    AuthorMatthewV Posts: 85 Member
    serapel wrote: »
    Hey I’m 50 this year and proud of my upkeep and progress. I’m in great shape; hip thrusting 300 lbs and performing squat variations.

Damn! Whatever your doing? You’re doing it well. 300lb hip thrusts! Solid work by you.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,511 Member
    50 here and boy do I feel like it ughhh
  • AuthorMatthewV

You’ve got this! Smartiepants know it’s only a number
  • Megan_smartiepants1970

Thanks for the confidence :) .... I had a foot surgery last year and I have a 2nd hernia surgery coming up on the 21st UGHH
  • AuthorMatthewV

Thanks for the confidence :) .... I had a foot surgery last year and I have a 2nd hernia surgery coming up on the 21st UGHH

Yeah, so you’ll be like the bionic woman! I’m calling you Jamie Sommers for now on.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970

Yeah, so you’ll be like the bionic woman! I’m calling you Jamie Sommers for now on.

LOL LOL
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    46 and a half here but once I started working out and taking care of myself I feel at least 10 years younger... I’m a big believer that it’s never too late to improve yourself! :)
  • SwtHedgehog
    SwtHedgehog Posts: 169 Member
    Thanks for sharing all of this. I just turned 40 and get lectures from my sister (who's in her midfifties) about how things are going to change, she keeps bringing up how your stomach can't handle foods like it used to and that I need to be using (expensive?) Skin cream and so forth.
    I am convinced the food issues are because she's eating large amounts of greasy food, and her healthy friends have issues with it when they eat it because their stomachs aren't accustomed to it. Plus, I would much rather take care of my skin through nutrition than slathering chemicals on it. Plus, I want to be one of those people that embraces age and exudes confidence because of it, not despite it. Keep in mind, I'm still a work in progress, but still want to thrive to age gracefully. I just wish that didn't include longer recovery times from injuries.
  • serapel
    serapel wrote: »

Damn! Whatever your doing? You’re doing it well. 300lb hip thrusts! Solid work by you.

Thanks. My genetics help me cheat. I have an ecto meso build - v shape lean and tall - poor glute genetics.

But I’ve had to alter eating - 300 less calories a day than 15 years ago for maintenance.
  • serapel
    Thanks for sharing all of this. I just turned 40 and get lectures from my sister (who's in her midfifties) about how things are going to change, she keeps bringing up how your stomach can't handle foods like it used to and that I need to be using (expensive?) Skin cream and so forth.
    I am convinced the food issues are because she's eating large amounts of greasy food, and her healthy friends have issues with it when they eat it because their stomachs aren't accustomed to it. Plus, I would much rather take care of my skin through nutrition than slathering chemicals on it. Plus, I want to be one of those people that embraces age and exudes confidence because of it, not despite it. Keep in mind, I'm still a work in progress, but still want to thrive to age gracefully. I just wish that didn't include longer recovery times from injuries.

💯
  • serapel
    46 and a half here but once I started working out and taking care of myself I feel at least 10 years younger... I’m a big believer that it’s never too late to improve yourself! :)

💪 awesome