The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• RegisteredNoodle
    RegisteredNoodle Posts: 6 Member
    Stubborn plateau weight, plus being in my 30s and am constantly surrounded by food (CARBS) at work is no fun !!!
  • CathyOG14
    CathyOG14 Posts: 11 Member
    Hello everyone. I've been off and on here for about 5 years... Lost 15 before the holidays. Got a wonderful wife and three great boys. I'm 49 now and turn 50 in August. I'd love to drop 50 as I'm turning 50. Really gotten into Boxing over the last year. If anyone wants to friend up lemme know cause I want to be accountable.

I just turned 50 last month. Would also like to lose 50 pounds, but finding it so hard!!
  • NorthStar77
    NorthStar77 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Morning all
  • Reevt
    Reevt Posts: 1 Member
    Morning. I'm back for the, um, I've honestly lost track. I'd start with good intentions, but I like cake. I was okay with it, but I'm finding myself having a harder time doing the things I enjoy. So here I am, once again, ready to get my eating habits under control so I can get my life back.
    I miss my 20s where the weight would just fall off. Now I gain 20 pounds just swallowing my own spit. :(
    Anyway, I'm always looking for friends. Add me if you'd like.
  • AuthorMatthewV
    AuthorMatthewV Posts: 85 Member
    Hi All! 52 year old teacher and author fighting to stay fit and healthy! Really in maintenance with the diet but always looking for friends to motivate and hear some motivating words.

All the best to you and yours. Reach out and say hi.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Good morning middle-agers😃 welcome to the new faces and hi to the regulars. I've been a little AWOL but back to kick a few covid lbs. I hope everyone is having a great weekend 🙂
  • iPaint82
    iPaint82 Posts: 52 Member
    Reevt wrote: »
    Morning. I'm back for the, um, I've honestly lost track. I'd start with good intentions, but I like cake. I was okay with it, but I'm finding myself having a harder time doing the things I enjoy. So here I am, once again, ready to get my eating habits under control so I can get my life back.
    I miss my 20s where the weight would just fall off. Now I gain 20 pounds just swallowing my own spit. :(

I feel that. I’m 38 and it’s like I gain weight just drinking water any more! Lol
  • AuthorMatthewV
    Reevt wrote: »

Lol...20 pounds just swallowing your own spit. I laugh but totally feel you!

It’s important you keep coming back. Eventually the cake won’t pull as hard or the cake becomes a small piece that your exercise can manage. Keep moving forward.
  • nikkiprice419
    nikkiprice419 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi everyone. Re joined today.. im 44 and I feel ike age is against me when it comes to losing weight.. was always skinny until my late 30s..add me ..I need support xx
  • Milliardo5
    Milliardo5 Posts: 10 Member
    Hello there. Also new here. Hope to meet people here who are also into fitness.
  • NorthStar77
    NorthStar77 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Hi everyone. Re joined today.. im 44 and I feel ike age is against me when it comes to losing weight.. was always skinny until my late 30s..add me ..I need support xx

Don't we all!!! 🤣
  • bulfrognz
    bulfrognz Posts: 6 Member
    Hi Guys. Not sure if I qualify as 'late 30s', I'm 36 rapidly approaching 37, my weight has yo-yoed up and down by up to 100lbs for the last 10 years. Getting closer to middle age I'm more and more aware how hard it is to lose.

2 weeks ago I finished my 2nd Ironman, and today is the end of the post Ironman binge and will be the high water mark for my weight this yo-yo cycle. From now on I'm going to be logging everything, every day and will hit my targets more often than not.

Looking for accountability buddies.
  • MstrTny
    MstrTny Posts: 2 Member
    I'm new to the community but have been using the app for almost 2 months now. I started my weightloss journey about a year and a half ago now. I've lost just shy of 120 lbs and feel amazing. I started using the app when I stalled out for about 4 months. Ive lost 6 lbs since using this app. Its slower than before but its better than stopped! Feel free to add me and oh I'll be 43 this year.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 12,935 Member
    MstrTny wrote: »
    I'm new to the community but have been using the app for almost 2 months now. I started my weightloss journey about a year and a half ago now. I've lost just shy of 120 lbs and feel amazing. I started using the app when I stalled out for about 4 months. Ive lost 6 lbs since using this app. Its slower than before but its better than stopped! Feel free to add me and oh I'll be 43 this year.

Nice bass!
  • AuthorMatthewV

Welcome back...it’s a positive step forward to that title of *kitten*-Kicker.
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Ugh. I went away for the weekend and gained 2kg. How is that possible? I thought I was eating in moderating. I am hoping it is just water retention
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Ugh. I went away for the weekend and gained 2kg. How is that possible? I thought I was eating in moderating. I am hoping it is just water retention

Im sure it is Nadine, give it a few days and I bet it disappears 🤗
  • Richiemaerk
    Richiemaerk Posts: 307 Member
    I am not sure about this
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    I am not sure about this

No one else is sure, either, Richie. 😁 Log your food and keep the faith!