My weight history:
    SW Year 2017: 217
    SW Year 2018: 195.5
    SW Year 2019 : 206 -- met my goal weight of 178 on December, 2019
    SW Year 2020: 182.6 -- gained 15 pounds through the pandemic :s
    SW Year 2021:195

Goals for 2021:
    These are the healthy habits I would like to do in 2021:
    1. Lose 25 pounds to get to my ultimate goal of 170, and then learn how to maintain it.
    2. To be better with planning my meals each week
    3. to get up in the morning, and have a rough idea of what I plan to eat the rest of the day.
    4. To stop mindless eating. To learn how to eat to live, not live to eat.
    5. To make drinking water a regular habit.. and drink 8+ glasses of water a day
    6. To curb and stop nitetime snacking for good.
    Weekly weigh-in. I plan on weighing every friday
    SW Friday, Jan 1st: 195.6
    SW: Feb 5: 191.8
    SW: Mar 5: 193
    SW: April 2: 190.4
    Friday, Jan 8: 194.4 -1.2
    Jan 15: 194.6. +.2 I was down to 193.4 2 days ago .. but this reflects 2 days of mindless eating.
    Jan 22: 191.4 -3.2 5 out of 7 days were good ...
    Jan 29: 194.2 -- this is what happens when I don't track, give into stress and emotional eating. But ... My word for the year is consistency... that means consistently also recording my weight .. and being accountable. So its a new week.. again.
    Feb 5: 191.8 -- trying to get back on track with controlled nite time eating
    Feb 12: 194.3 --- I don't know why, but I can do good for a week, only to blow it the next week. I think the pandemic, the cold dreary weather is leading me to just overeat.
    Feb 19: 194 --- a very small loss, due to 4 days of overeating granola bars and Kind bars.
    Feb 26: 193 -- 5 out of 7 days I did OK, especially with nite time snacking.
    Mar 5: 193 -- stayed the same, but had 2 days of eating icecream and peeps
    Mar 12: 192.6. Started challenge of the rest of the month NO nite time eating at all.
    Mar 19: 190.4 -- 5 out of 7 days NO nite time eating. Goal next week ... 6 our of 7 day no nite time eating, 8+ glasses water @ day.
    March 26: 188.6--- 6 out of 7 days I did good .. no nite time eating. Last nite... food was in control of me. I was so tired, and instead of lying down... I grazed the entire nite. So much that I had trouble sleeping. So while right now my weight is down, I expect it to go up. So next weeks goal is 7 out of 7 days.
    April 2: 190.4 --- not the best week.. but I am still down 5.2 pounds for the first 3 months of this year. So I will look at the positives.
    April 9: 191.2 --- even though I had a OK week, I think eating ham for 3 days .. hoping its just water weight.
  • brittgreenlikethecolor88
    brittgreenlikethecolor88 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Yesterday was a good day! I stayed within my calories & got an extra 30 mins for walking in! So 50 minutes total. My husband was not feeling well in the evening, so taking care of him took up a bit of my down time. I made him some mac n' cheese and managed to only take one bite of it! So that's a WIN! I got rid of some unused house decor that was just taking up space in the closet. My kiddos were in decent moods for the most part, which always helps the evenings go smoother lol My goals for today are the same as the rest of the week-

JFT, Apr 9th @ 151.8 lbs:
    - Stick to my meal plan for the day & NO unplanned, evening snacking!
    - Go for an extra walk (~ 15 mins) if my work schedule allows.

Happy Friday all!! Hope everyone has a great weekend! I plan on tryng out a couple new recipes if I manage to get all the ingedients together & playing in my garden a bit! Not super exciting, but I'm looking forward to it :)
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    April 9: 191.2 --- even though I had a OK week, I think eating ham for 3 days .. hoping its just water weight.

I have been eating ham all week as well. Really looking forward to switching it up lol
  • WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member

For Friday, New Day,

-1999 calories. Still have work to do to get my April averaged back below 2000. One day of overeating makes a difference. Making progress on this front but I'm not there. 1938
    -Work out for 90 minutes. 88 minutes

For Saturday, New Day

-1999 calories:
    -Work out for 90 minutes:

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,472 Member
    edited April 2021
    Started today working at home before 8 a.m., interspersed with household chores & errands, and just never had time to post JFT. Would've been the usual anyway, plus taking today as my 2nd rest day this week.

Thanks for the wishes on my parents wedding anniversary. The comments on how young they looked made me curious so I looked up average marriage ages by year: in 1956 for men it was 22.5 and women 20.1. Mom was 19.2 (one year of college) and Dad was 21.4 (serving in the U.S. Navy) when they married, so they were slightly younger than average. I never really thought about it much. My maternal grandparents both lived to be at least 90 and my paternal grandma lived into her mid-80s but my paternal grandpa (smoker) died of lung cancer when I was 16. Part of the reason I want to be healthy as I age is I might be around for many more years. LOL

Tomorrow hubby and I drive 90 miles to visit my parents and aunt (she's the girl in the wedding photo). It was my parents request that each "child" and family visit once during the month of their anniversary, especially since the entire family wasn't able to get together for Easter. I am so excited to see them again!

JFT for Sat. 4/10
    1) Walk dog (x-train if raining) while hubby sleeps
    2) Pack folding chairs (in case it's nice enough to visit outside), small gift, card and water bottle in car
    3) Don't eat huge piece of cake & don't bring any home
    4) Enjoy visit!

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21 ~ 4.3.21
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and completed 97.44 miles total / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 ~ completed distance on 3.21.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    This week felt pretty off for me and it sounds like others are having similar off moments. I just noticed my check ins have the days all mixed up-ah well! More important that I posted at all right! My plan for the weekend is to reset. Get back on track where I need to, recharge, and set myself up for a successful week. Felt motivated so I went for a walk/run today. I found an excellent app that calls out my intervals for me, so I don't have to focus on breathing and form AND counting (and not dying because lets be real running is HARD!). It was really nice to use today. Weather was crap but I got out right between rain bouts. On my way back, I saw a blue heron, maybe 15 feet away from the path. A really great way to end the run.

JFT Friday:
    80 oz water ✅
    stay in the green ✅
    meet all serving recommendations for 5 food groups ✅
    30 minutes exercise ✅
    screens off 8:30 ❌
    track food, exercise, water and post on JFT ✅

JFT Saturday:
    80 oz water
    stay in the green
    meet all serving recommendations for 5 food groups
    rest day-walk or house project
    screens off 8:30
    track food, exercise, water and post on JFT

@beachwalker99 exercise consistency is so hard for me too! i’m either full on or not at all. So hard for me to get back on track when I have misses.
    @brittgreenlikethecolor88 Nice progress with your goals this week-I see you!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,191 Member

JFT, Friday
    1. mindful eating .. think about what I am eating, and why. Am I really hungry, or just thirsty. This pertains mostly to evening snacking. I do great all day .. its the evenings that are the worse for me. Action: Brush teeth, go downstairs, distract myself and wait 15 minutes; drink water :) Kept busy sorting out my fabric tonite.. and was working in the yard until it got dark
    2. concentrate on 8+ c water :)
    3. listen to podcast ... do this if I am tired instead of eating >:) No ... but kept busy tonite.
    4. work in the yard :) ; go for a walk :) Hiked a different trail... 7 miles! My legs hurt because it was a lot of up and down, plus I had jeans on and should have put on short, I was So hot! ; laundry :) ; start business expenses >:) (you can tell I hate doing the bookkeeping part!)
    5. friday weigh myself .. no matter what the scale says :) Weight was up, but hoping its because of all the ham I've been eating .. ham for easter, ham sandwiches the next day, ham on a chef's salad, and yesterday scalloped potatoes and ham. Too much ham .. but its now gone!

JFT, Sat
    1. mindful eating .... especially in the evenings. brush teeth to distract myself
    2. concentrate on 8+ water
    3. go for walk if not raining
    4. listen to podcast
    5. other: finish organizing and sorting out fabric; put seedlings outside to plant into the ground; work in the yard transplanting and moving stuff if not raining
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Yesterday was ok, I did eat quite a lot but Friday does tend to be the day where I allow myself to eat more - we have a pizza and crisps evening, accompanied by a nice bottle of wine!

As a result of the larger amount of food, all quite salty, weight has gone up again by 3lb but I am not going to worry about that - just going to focus on being in the green today and drinking lots of water and it will come off!

Looking forward to the weekend ahead of me - may look at a house, and going to see my friend tomorrow for a birthday BBQ. Hopefully the weather will be decent so as not to put a dampener on my plans!

So yesterday's goals:

- Log everything I eat & drink :)
    - Stick to food & drink plan :| Went a little bit over so overall quite a heavy calorie day
    - Drink four bottles of water :)

Today's goals:

- Log everything I eat
    - Be in the green
    - Drink 4 bottles water
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Saturday
    1. Feed cats. Tea! Write in Clois for an hour. TAXES.
    2. Read for half an hour. Brunch with Lee (where???)
    3. Set 1 of lifts. Mark WM claims; check. Grade one pagers and enter.
    4. Notes for ch 18 P&P. Finish Seuss script. Shoot tomorrow.
    5. Stretch. Fanfic. S&F script work.
    6. Afternoon: Choose orgs for donations? Check weather. Walk?
    7. Evening: Clois action scene. Dinner: Bibimbap?
    8. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery and pack lunch. Set out clothes for tomorrow. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    9. Shower. Review papers by desk. File or trash.
    10. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Wed book group. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville?

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    Today: 193.8

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – March? ObG schedule for April. Schedule PCP for May.
    7. Theater: Little Princess.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story. Open Wordpress in Safari.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 15 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks, horse stance for 5 breaths.
    14. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. So much grading. Bleugh. Feeling sluggish and just ugh.
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member
    JFT - Saturday April 10
    1.5L of water
    Log all Food
    Walk for 15 minutes.

I didn’t accomplish the goals yesterday, just because I was too busy.

@cschmitz110515 - I was 3 months shy of my 19th birthday and DH was 22 when we married.
  • Snowflake1968
    @beachwalker99 and @jeschepp - I find if I miss a few days it can take me forever to get back in routine. Right now though it’s my hips and back that keep me being very careful. I have been in for quite some time.

We have our Granddaughter here today. I think she is taking advantage of how much we’ve missed her. We usually have them both a couple times a week and they get a little spent each week. Since we haven’t had them since last August except for a couple of weeks ago, I am saying we just made up for lost time. 😂
    At least to spoil her, it’s dresses and clothes that she wants most. Her brother is video games
    Weekends are the hardest for me.... wish me luck!

JFT, Apr 10th @ 151.2lbs:
    - Stick to my meal plan for the day & NO unplanned, evening snacking!
    - Work in the garden for >30mins
    - Meal prep for the week: Make breskfast egg cups.
  • WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member

For Saturday, New Day Meh. Commitment has to mean something and it didn't yesterday.

-1999 calories: 4014
    -Work out for 90 minutes: 50 minutes

For Sunday, hitting my commitment 80% of the time isn't going to get me where I need to go. Have work to do on myself

-1999 calories:
    -Work out for 90 minutes:
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Sunday
    1. Feed cats. Tea! AM run.
    2. Read for half an hour. Finish P&P script.
    3. Set 1 of lifts. Grade WM projects and enter. Finish updating One Pager rubric.
    4. Shoot P&P and Fox. GROCERIES?
    5. Stretch. Fanfic. S&F script work.
    6. Afternoon: Choose orgs for donations? Check weather. Walk?
    7. Evening: Clois action scene - 1 hr. Dinner: Jambalaya?
    8. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery and pack lunch. Set out clothes for tomorrow. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    9. Shower. Review papers by desk. File or trash.
    10. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Wed book group. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville?

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    Today: 193.8

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – March? ObG schedule for April. Schedule PCP for May.
    7. Theater: Little Princess.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story. Open Wordpress in Safari.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 15 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks, horse stance for 5 breaths.
    14. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. Ran this morning. Runkeeper ever so "helpfully" let me know that it was my sixty-first fastest for that distance. Thanks SO much.
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • Snowflake1968
    JFT - Saturday April 10
    1.5L of water - :/
    Log all Food - :)
    Walk for 15 minutes - I walked over 2700 steps when I was carrying my phone, I don't know how many steps I got in when my phone wasn't on me.
    It was sporadic walking but I'm counting it.

JFT - Sunday April 11
    1.5L of water
    Log all Food
    Walk for 15 minutes

I'm at work to try to get ahead so I can meet my deadline tomorrow. So I should get at it.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,312 Member
    Yesterday was a busy, but good day. The kids had competitions in different places so Tim went with V and I stayed with Sierra and managed food for the crew team. It was a huge amount of work, I was on my feet from 7:00 - 4:30 non stop. I literally never sat down. I did get to step away and and watch Sierra race. She did so good. V also rocked her regional swim meet, she was seconded In her heart by 0.02 seconds, but PRd.

On a person note, I was so busy I only had a rice crispy treat during the regatta, and decided I wanted pizza for dinner. Very dangerous for me, but I only had 2 slices and a salad. No binge! So proud of myself for successfully moderating something I love even when hungry.

Today is a lazy day, V has National Honor Society induction and play practice. Sierra of working, and I have nothing else planned. Hopefully a little exercise, and a nap.

Oh yeah, and my weight was down today!!!

JFT Sunday
    - weigh 😀
    - get ready
    - Pick up V from friend’s place
    - National Honor Society Induction Ceremony
    - Take V to play practice
    - Maybe ride
    - Chill

Have a blessed day y’all!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,334 Member
    Happy Sunday! Hopping on before I forget again! (Lazy day Sunday here...) I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter and a great week. The weather was nice for April in Wisconsin. Sure did brighten my mood!

I've been doing quite a bit of reading lately, everything from suspense novels to Food & Health books to Bible studies. It feels good to read and not feel guilty about it. I used to feel like I was wasting time if I just sat and read. I'm trying to let go of the guilt and just enjoy life and be in the present more. I got to see my kids and grandkids (some of them) last weekend and get real hugs. It was awesome! I sure have missed them. Then yesterday my oldest son came to town just to stop in and see us for a few hours. He lives about 2 hours from here and I've missed him, so that was awesome too. I realized after this past year that family is what I've missed the most. Not working, money, shopping, restaurants, etc. Family is definitely at the top of the list of things I cannot give up and still thrive. :flowerforyou:

Today is Tech-Free Sunday. I'm not spending hours surfing the net, texting back and forth when a quick phone call can do it, FB'ing, FB messaging, etc. Today I plan to be in the present, spend time in my happy space sewing and either listening to music or having a good simple happy movie on in the background. I plan to spend time reading. Maybe make some homemade soup...

Today is also Day 4 of no processed sugar for me. I'm feeling a bit sluggish and hungover, actually. But I'm not having as many urges, so hopefully this all passes soon! I quit drinking over 20 years ago to get away from hangovers (I react really badly with alcohol...sucks for me!) But I know from past experience that my body feels a whole lot better when I'm not eating a lot of sugar, so I'm trying again.

Just for Sunday, 4/11:
    • 24H Plan & Assess
    • Journal food and Complete Diary at the end of the day
    • Drink 2 cups of green tea today, 64 oz of water, and remember vitamins
    • Physical: 30 minutes
    • Self Care: 30 minutes
    • Spiritual Care: 30 minutes
    • Kitchen closed at 7:00 PM
    • Evening Routine
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,056 Member

cy3q8iv5moy0.jpg

🔹Word - Balance
    🔹I am in tune with my dreams
    🔹I know what is right for me
    🔹I will pursue my dreams and greatest passion
    Life Affirmations

🔹I live in congruence with my authentic self
    🔹I am mindful
    🔹I am creative every day
    🔹I foster positivity
    🔹I am compassionate
    Keep your chin up!
    Turning up is the ultimate success!
    • Name: Terri
    • SW: 227 (Mar 2014)
    • Joined MFP: Jan 2015
    • 1st Goal: 190 Sept 2015
    • 01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    • 31 Dec 2020: 145.6
    • 1 Jan 2021: 147.2
    • 8 Jan: 144.2 (lowest in many years)
    • 15 Jan: 145.2
    • 22 Jan: 144.9
    • 14 Feb: 144.0

UGW: 142 < x > 148
    • 27 Mar: 144.4
    • 8 April: 143.2
    • 11 April: 142.2 😍
    • Total weight loss: 84.8 ⏫
    Daily Goals:
    Thu: ✅ Fri: ✅ Sat: ✅ Sun: ✅ Mon: Tue: Wed:
    1. Weight 142 < x > 148: ✅ 4/7
    2. Reduce Fat%: ✅ 28.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2 23.4 [/s] 23.1 —>22.9
    3. Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9: 31.3 ⏫
    4. Calories in the green ✅ 4/7
    5. Steps > 7500 ✅ 4/7
    6. Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily✅ 4/7
    7. Active hours > 6 daily ✅ 4/7
    🌷Positive intentions for Mon 12 April:
    • Meditation
    • Weigh/post weight
    • Outdoor walk
    • Laundry
    • Daily Chores
    • Puzzles: Watch TV:
    • Travel Books: reading 'Slow trains to Venice'
    • Keep up to date with email
    • Daily goals update

Feb/March/April DAILY RED CUP CHALLENGE (8 x 8oz water)
    Feb: 5/5
    Mar: 31/31
    Apr:
    💧💧💧💧💧💧💧
    💧💧💧💧

NLNS
    (7 March —->) 24/25
    April: LNS: 0 --> Me: 11

THERE ARE NO QUICK FIXES OR SHORTCUTS to achieving permanent change.
    REMINDERS: One or two thoughts to remember.
    • Daily weight fluctuations are normal, and can be as much as 2 lbs a day for no apparent reason.
    • A general downward trend is what we are looking for.
    • The scale is only one gauge of progress. Others include Measurements, clothes fit, improvement in general well-being/fitness.
    • Eating out can cause apparent weight gain because of high sodium levels, but usually goes quickly. Drinking extra water helps with this.
    • The human body does not react instantly to what we do to it. Sometimes it can take several days to see results.
    • Plateaus are a normal part of the process. The body is consolidating and adapting to your new way of eating/exercising.
    • The closer you get to your goal weight, the more difficult it becomes to lose weight, as your body becomes more efficient at using what you feed it.
    • When you exercise you build muscle, which takes up less space than fat, so use measurements as well as weight to assess your progress.
    • Getting/Staying fit and healthy requires a lifestyle change for most people.
    Stick with the process. It DOES work! But it does take time, effort, and most of all, patience!

Can’t believe that my weight has started falling again 😍😍😍
    Terri 🦄

• jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Wasn't as productive or healthy as I wanted to be this weekend. I feel like I'm behind on everything, but I know that's not true. It's just hard to juggle everything at once, and when I have downtime all I want to do is veg out in front of the TV. Going to try to be proud of what I did accomplish this weekend, and focus on small steps to getting back on track.

JFT Sunday:
    80 oz water ✅
    stay in the green ❌
    meet all serving recommendations for 5 food groups ❌
    rest day-walk or house project ❌
    screens off 8:30 ❌
    track food, exercise, water and post on JFT ❌

JFT Monday:
    80 oz water
    stay in the green
    meet all serving recommendations for 5 food groups
    30 minutes exercise