What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• cugogirl2017
    cugogirl2017 Posts: 8,764 Member
    mpkpbk2015 wrote: »
    My NSV to today was going to the Spa my birthday present to me from me. And being able and not ashamed to get a massage. Before the idea of taking my clothes off and having someone rub my fat around was appalling to me. Instead of going to dinner tonight I went to the spa this morning for a spa, manicure and pedicure it was awesome. A combination reward for reaching goal by my birthday and birthday present rolled into one. This was my first massage EVER in my life it was amazing.

Happy Birthday! That's a fantastic NSV - good for you! So glad you had a great present to yourself, you've earned it!
  • azalea4175
    azalea4175 Posts: 290 Member
    I will put this just in case. TW: Drug use. Please do not read if this story, if it might trigger something in you, to be disrespectful, or if this story makes you feel unsafe. I am sorry if I have done something to offend you, but I thought I would share my story.

Now I will give you a little background story, so you'll understand that this is huge for me.
    In August 2019, I started to hang out with a couple of bad people that drugs, for example, they smoke weed and did harder drugs than that if you know what I'm getting at. Well, me being me at the time I decided I would try it because why not? you only live once. I got addicted to the harder drugs for about a year and needed help, but I had no one to go to. During this time I had lost a lot including a lot of my family, my boyfriend, and many many friends. Well, I decided to try to go to my mom for help because she's my mom and I needed help. What she did was awful, but it worked she had kept me in her house for 2 months. During that time I was not allowed to go out and see these people, I had got them out of my life completely, and I even found a way to cope with the withdrawals and everything, but I did have to go to work so that was pretty much the only time I got to talk with someone.
    Now, I am about 9 months sober, and I feel great. I have turned my life around, and I have surrounded myself with people that will support me. I have officially changed for the better, and I am happy with my presence. I had found MFP about 1 month after "I was released". I saw that this may help me become a healthier person and the person I aspire to be. I have many details out because some are too harsh that I am not ready to talk about yet. Now some people will say that my mom did the wrong thing and she should've given me to a professional. I didn't want to go see someone that doesn't know about my past. I am an antisocial person in real life, and I never know who I can trust, so please respect my decision. I would like to say thank you to everyone that took the time to read this and I hope this never happens to you and have an amazing day!

Everyone walks a different path and yours has been difficult. Kudos to you for knowing who to go to and to getting it done. be proud of kicking that habit and developing new ones. Your health is so important because without your body, you are no where. great job!
  • lolalovingbunyy
    lolalovingbunyy Posts: 38 Member
    azalea4175 wrote: »

Everyone walks a different path and yours has been difficult. Kudos to you for knowing who to go to and to getting it done. be proud of kicking that habit and developing new ones. Your health is so important because without your body, you are no where. great job!

Thank you so much!
  • iamjoyce1
    iamjoyce1 Posts: 20 Member
    TEQWAR wrote: »
    25 years ago today, I quit alcohol, drugs, and cigarettes.

What an awesome accomplishment!! Great self care :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!