Replies

• CharmingPassion
    CharmingPassion Posts: 556 Member
    KHill875 wrote: »
    KHill875
    Friday weigh in
    PW 140.4
    CW 142.3

Sorry this was a really bad week. Between Easter candy. I made a cheesecake for my husband's birthday. And stressing about moving 30 hours away in a month... With a whole bunch of sweets in the house... I did not do very good

We all have bad weeks to say the least. Focus on the things you need to. The move is a lot, but I know you can do this. You can do anything. Well maybe not surf in heels. I mean you can try but I highly suggest having an ambulance on stand by. (hope this made you laugh)
  • JoDavo66
    JoDavo66 Posts: 526 Member
    JoDavo66
    Wi: Sunday
    PW:216
    CW:217

Easter baking, chocolate & my birthday- all same week, one after another- didn't go mad but I've enjoyed my chocolate & Easter bakes- 1lb on- I can live with that, especially as Easter Holiday ends today: back in school tomorrow AND gyms open!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    :star:The Green Challenge :star: Percentage of people who lost weight this week. No matter how small the loss the weights are recorded in green. Remember that even if your team doesn’t rank the highest in weight loss for the week you can still be the Green Percentage winner by having the most losses in your team! So keep it up!! B)

kvyogsaiqx27.png

• shnerb00
    shnerb00 Posts: 269 Member
    Happy birthday @izzyred9400 and @JoDavo66 🥳
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    jenready
    Saturday
    Previous Weight 247.1
    Current Weight 246.6

Sorry, I'm a day late.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,075 Member
    kerdil08 wrote: »
    kerdil08
    My goal is to be under 175 (the weight that goes from obese --> overweight for my height) by my birthday in early June.
    {snip}

I ended up not feeling any side effects from my second vaccine other than arm soreness {snip}

I met up with a friend and her two young kids to go for a walk yesterday (didn't get credit for a bunch of steps because I was pushing a stroller most of the time lol), {snip}

Another victory is that I still have had absolutely no soda since the new year, not even diet soda. {snip}

@kerdil08 That's a very reasonable goal...can't wait to watch you surpass that one...very doable!

Glad you didn't have any side effects...my brother, who also got the Pfizer one, had none as well. I had the Moderna...arm is sore and I was very achy the following day, but one tylenol took care of that.

Lesson learned long ago because I push a cart a lot when walking the aisles of the grocery...always put your Fitbit in your pocket when pushing a cart/stroller...or pin it to your shoes laces...that way you'll get your steps.

Great feat in giving up soda completely...I'm down to about one diet soda a month...but I still flavor my waters with crystal light LIGHTLY. Baby steps...

You're doing amazingly well with meeting goals this year...I need you for a coach!!! Keep up the great work!
    Jessica :smile:
  • JoDavo66
    Going at 11:15am to get my 2nd vaccine...I'm a little nervous (don't like needles), but after the first shot, I had no symptoms except the soreness of the shot site, so I'm hopeful it will be likewise. I'm such a child when it comes to going to the doctor...never liked it...never will. Hope ya'll have a good day...think good thoughts for me, ok?
    Jessica

Hope it went OK. I had a horrible experience, aged 15, with a trainee/junior Dr & a steroid injection (why the Consultant ever thought it was OK to let him get practice in on a child was beyond me). As a result I'm not great with needles either- totally embarrassed myself & my hubbie when I had to have steriod in shoulder few years ago.
    I was gobsmacked that I thought the nurse was still swabbing my arm when she gave my covid jab. Hoping to get same nurse again!
  • JoDavo66
    shnerb00 wrote: »
    Shnerb00
    Fr
    04/08- 688 - sadly that is not a typo. 😳 I had a very long drive and basically only got out of the car to go to the bathroom. Also, my watch died in the afternoon 🤷‍♀️ But even if it had not died I’m sure I didn’t get many more steps than that.

That so reminded me of the cartoon joke a friend posted on FB- a hubbie telling his wife to get up & her response: I can't my fitbit's on charge & I'm not wasting my steps! 🤣
  • JoDavo66
    edited April 2021
    What's your go to snack?
  • laceyf53
    laceyf53 Posts: 110 Member
    Charmingpassion

Weigh in day: Sunday

PW: 299
    CW: 301.2

I honestly have no explanation. I worked out more this week, walked more, etc etc then any other week. To say I feel a bit defeated is a bit of an understatement. Its taken everything not to go and buy every snack and just say forget it. I know I shouldn't but this was just rough. Oddly I have been feeling really good all week, sleeping better, more energy. I am trying not to let this just really get to me but I can't lie that doing all this extra work and stuff and seeing backwards result is just.... its deflating to say the least. I did go back and look at my food thing and saw I ate out a bit more this week and even though I made some good choices, maybe it just had an effect. Well I am going to take today off from thinking about all of this and hit the ground running again tomorrow.

It could be increased sodium from eating out. Also, I found even at higher weights you'll have a week plateau and then a week where you lose two or more pounds. Sometimes that's hormonal, sometimes it's stress or lack of sleep, and sometimes there's no discernable reason.

Last month was horrible for me, I only lost 8 lbs and I'm eating 800-1,000 calories a day on a very strict medically assisted weight loss diet. I had one week where I lost nothing, I weighed 244 lbs and a sample day is egg/egg white omelettes with greens (no oil), protein shake with almond milk, spinach, serving of berries, lunch is chicken breast and broccoli, snack a handful of walnuts on a small cucumber salad, and dinner salmon and veggies. Then the next week lost 2 lbs, and according to the scale 1 lb of fat and 1 lb of water. So 1 lb of fat after eating as clean as you possibly can eat for 14 days. 😂

It is demoralizing to eat like a pigeon while being morbidly obese and have no results. I had one really good month, followed by one terrible month, followed by what seems to be shaping up as another really good month.

All I can say is you have to embrace the suck. It might be worthwhile to reevaluate your diet. Some of us just do not lose weight very easily, or unless we eat specific types of foods. Intermittent fasting does not work for me at all, but it works for many people. So please do not be hard on yourself, or dwell on this, because if you stick with it I guarantee two months from now you will come back and read this comment and be so glad you kept going!
  • laceyf53
    laceyf53 Posts: 110 Member
    edited April 2021
    JoDavo66 wrote: »
    What's your go to snack?

I typically have a protein shake/smoothie in the morning, and either a quest bar, nuts plus a veg, small salad, or smoked salmon roll-ups with avocado and cucumber.

I also keep a lot of junk food replacements around, I always have quest peanut butter cups on hand, choc zero individually wrapped keto bars (milk chocolate hazelnut, peanut, and almond), choc zero hazelnut butter, a box of halo ice cream bars, and Lakanto drinking chocolate. What's funny is I could never keep ice cream or candy in my house before, I'd binge eat everything. But cutting out sugar, I think the last time I ate one of the halo bars was 3 weeks ago. The choc zero bars I eat every day, everything else is maybe once a week at the most.

I'm not a salty or savory snack person so can't help with that. All chocolate, all the time around here. 😂
  • shnerb00
    What's your go to snack?

Plain fat free Greek yogurt with either berries or maple syrup, cinnamon, walnuts

Or Apple and peanut butter

Hang in there @CharmingPassion. Maybe you’ll be looking a big loss next week!

@kerdil08 congratulations on the run!! Don’t let what you used to be able to do sabotage your accomplishments. I once heard “comparison is the thief of joy”. So so true. Replace any thoughts of comparison to thoughts of gratitude. You slayed that mile! Way to go!
  • shnerb00
    Shnerb00
    Fr
    04/08- 688 - sadly that is not a typo. 😳 I had a very long drive and basically only got out of the car to go to the bathroom. Also, my watch died in the afternoon 🤷‍♀️ But even if it had not died I’m sure I didn’t get many more steps than that.

That so reminded me of the cartoon joke a friend posted on FB- a hubbie telling his wife to get up & her response: I can't my fitbit's on charge & I'm not wasting my steps! 🤣

🤣
  • jessicakrall8
    What's your go to snack?

@JoDavo66 I like fruit...peaches, grapes, bananas, apples, oranges...LOVE chips but they're a trigger for me, so I do better if I get the little 1 oz bags so it gives me a taste, but I can't eat a bunch...kinda like popcorn, but have to be in a mood for it...

Good question!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    laceyf53 wrote: »
    What's your go to snack?

I typically have a protein shake/smoothie in the morning, and either a quest bar, nuts plus a veg, small salad, or smoked salmon roll-ups with avocado and cucumber.

I also keep a lot of junk food replacements around, I always have quest peanut butter cups on hand, choc zero individually wrapped keto bars (milk chocolate hazelnut, peanut, and almond), choc zero hazelnut butter, a box of halo ice cream bars, and Lakanto drinking chocolate. What's funny is I could never keep ice cream or candy in my house before, I'd binge eat everything. But cutting out sugar, I think the last time I ate one of the halo bars was 3 weeks ago. The choc zero bars I eat every day, everything else is maybe once a week at the most.

I'm not a salty or savory snack person so can't help with that. All chocolate, all the time around here. 😂

@laceyf53 You and I are polar opposites it seems...I LIVE for the savory/salty snacks...could dive face first into a bag of sour cream and onion chips and eat my way out...would rather have fast food and could live just fine without ever having sweets again...I don't eat chocolate at all, if you can imagine, but ask me to go without fried chicken and I'd think you were mad! Thank God for my air fryer so I can still have crispy chicken (or bake it in the oven)...I'm also doing just fine with the 90 calorie per serving of golden fries by Ore Ida, cooked for 9 minutes in the Air fryer rather than fried...

Whoever said, "embrace the suck"...that's my favorite new phrase...you're quite right...the process sucks, but we have to embrace it...because there's no other way to get the results we need for our health...LOVE that quote...

Jessica
  • JoDavo66
    Charmingpassion

Weigh in day: Sunday

PW: 299
    CW: 301.2

I honestly have no explanation. I worked out more this week, walked more, etc etc then any other week. To say I feel a bit defeated is a bit of an understatement. Its taken everything not to go and buy every snack and just say forget it. I know I shouldn't but this was just rough. Oddly I have been feeling really good all week, sleeping better, more energy. I am trying not to let this just really get to me but I can't lie that doing all this extra work and stuff and seeing backwards result is just.... its deflating to say the least. I did go back and look at my food thing and saw I ate out a bit more this week and even though I made some good choices, maybe it just had an effect. Well I am going to take today off from thinking about all of this and hit the ground running again tomorrow.

With you on that. I've struggled for ages having been successful every time I've gained for years.
    It is demoralising.
    Don't give up.
    I like your idea of taking stock. I've kind of done the same today- I know my gain is due to Easter snacks that I baked but that still doesn't help. Been shopping for a week on track.
    My tip: I've planned meals for the month (with shopping lists) so every 4 weeks I can rotate.
    Breakfast is overnight oats (with protein) in fridge & lunch bag ready (minus stuff in fridge).
    Meanwhile I'm enjoying a big gin- not plan! 🤣🤣🍹.
    Gyms open tomorrow here- so I'm hoping to go after work (no kids in at school so hopefully I'll get away early).
    I once read extra exercise means more water retention at 1st from increased muscle respiration. No idea if true but makes sense- body readjusting.
    Take the day to get prepped & go for it. You're not alone.
  • jessicakrall8
    A friend of mine posted this on my MFP Newsfeed and I found it SO insightful...thought I'd share it...I had a day just like this last week...hope it helps someone else...

Note to Self: Remember this feeling. Remember feeling so full your stomach hurts.
    Remember feeling like your skin on your stomach is stretching. Remember feeling
    that you were already full before you grabbed seconds. Remember feeling so full
    that you regret overeating.

Tomorrow is another chance to improve. All you need to do is remember this feeling.
    You can do this!

en5fw8brcgf0.jpg
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 907 Member
    Happy birthday @izzyred9400 and @JoDavo66 🥳

Thank you so much.Now to work off all the treats 🤔
This discussion has been closed.