WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2021

Replies

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,042 Member
    Beth Me too!

If it too much I post Flower pictures on Facebook or take Drew for a walk. A cup of tea is always a help too!
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,507 Member
    Sssss
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,811 Member
    Beautiful sunny day here today so I got the backyard pasture sprayed with Pasture Pro weed and feed. Really tired now, all that walking on uneven ground in boots but it is done and will save money on hay this summer.

Allie - Good luck with the ablation. Hopefully makes you feel much better.

Katla - Yay for trips to the stable.

Everyone take care Sue in WA
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,036 Member
    ☘️
  • pipcd34
    Tttt
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,631 Member
    B)
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,355 Member
    Allie - thinking about you during the ablation. Still trying to avoid mine with medication, but may yet end up talking to a cardiologist about it. Keep us posted when you can...
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,326 Member
    Michelle-sorry to hear of your dog’s health issues. Our pets are parts of our family. It does seem like there have been several pet health issues here in the last couple of months.

Heather-sorry for your tv woes. That is not the same problem in the US for most of us thanks to cable and streaming-some of your network programs may be cancelled but there are a lot of other viewing options. I have taken to sending my grandchildren (older ones, 7 & 8) amazon gift cards. They need their parent’s assistance to spend them. They both gave a great deal of thought about what to buy and it took them a month or so to make their decision. They considered whether they want one more expensive thing or several less expensive. Their parents think it is teaching them about money. It was also much easier during Covid. I send the cards to the mother’s email on the day of their birthday. May do the same thing for Christmas.

Tracey-your granddaughter is so pretty!

Kylia-enjoy hearing what you doing to Kentucky property. It sounds like it is coming along nicely. Such a nice thing to have for your family.

Allie-best of luck with the heart ablation. I really don’t understand them, but they seem to be a fairly regular procedure now. I would hate the laying flat for 6 hours afterwards.

Walking is probably my favorite exercise. I do enjoy working with weights and some of the machines at the gym. I was able to do some of my stretches this am with no pain and went for about a 20 minute walk outside. It was wonderful!

I decided to brave going into Kohis this am right after they opened. I made a list of what I wanted to purchase/check out. Bought a couple of them, briefly checked out the main clearance area. Was in there maybe one hour. A bit of normalcy. Since numbers are still high in our county, I don't want to do a lot of that, but it was the first time I had gone into anything except grocery store of Lowes in over a year.

Have lunch ready for work tomorrow. Going into the office. Will leave around 3:15 to stop in gym. Won't do anything heavy duty-possible just the bike an a bit of treadmill, but it will start getting me back in routine. I certainly don't want to set everything off again.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,332 Member
    Watched the Reebok pilates DVD but it’s really more of an instructional DVD so I rode the recumbent bike. Work tomorrow so no formal exercise.

After exercise, went to WalMart and picked up a few things. You know, ever since we’ve had to wear these (stupid) masks, my throat actually starts to close up. If I take a drink of water, I’m fine. I was in WalMart maybe for an hour, and I took a 24oz bottle of water with me and drank about ¾ of it. Then made more chocolate bran muffins

M – you’re right, Tom having to pay Allie alimony isn’t Allana’s problem. But she loves him, she might very well help him out.

Lisa – how wonderful for your son!!! Oh, I hope everything goes well for him

Cleaners: Vince has said that he’d get me a cleaner only IF I absolutely needed it and couldn’t do it myself. Because he knows me and I’d clean before she came because I didn’t want her to see it dirty and then I’d clean after she left because she didn’t do it my way.

Birthday presents for grandchildren: what do you get a 2 year old who lives in a very small townhome and his parents bought LARGE furniture before he was born when they first moved in? Honestly, they had to have this king bed for their bedroom. The bed, one dresser and two end tables take up most of the room. There isn’t a dresser in the guest room, only a small table. No end tables, just the small table and the queen bed. But there’s nothing I can or will say. Personally, I thought their choices were not the greatest and I think they are now realizing it. I really would like to get him a tool bench, but I’m not sure where they’d put it. An experience will probably work for when he gets older, but not at 2. He wouldn’t understand

Cut the grass, bought more gas for the lawn mower, got dinner ready to microwave, put down the Wet & Forget, cleaned some more by the trees on the side, now ready for dinner and will probably work some on the next jigsaw puzzle. I’m thinking that now that Vince put the umbrellas on the deck. I should really vacuum the enclosed porch tonight. Needed to go to Lowe’s Hardware, Vince needed a new electrical box.

Denise returned our call. Seems she didn’t have time to talk to Pete as to when we can come up. She said that she was in too much pain. Evidently, the cartilage on her right knee is worn away and that’s causing her pain. We weren’t crazy about the townhouse with all the stairs, and now I don’t think she is either. Plus, she says that all day she’s up and down with the kids (she works at a daycare). So we told her that we’d call next weekend. I told Vince that we should just say “if you don’t make a plan by this weekend, we’ll start making plans to come up on May 28.

Had to run to WalMart (yes, again). The battery on my pedometer died and we didn’t have another one like it. Vince ordered some since it’s a common battery.

Michele NC
  • pipcd34
    Uuuu
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,940 Member
    Beth, I sent you a PM. Grief does indeed hit at weird times, often with no warning. I think I've shared the story with y'all before about my ugly crying in the grocery store the Christmas after my Aunt Sis died when they did not have the cake mix I needed to make her orange cake. It was like even the memory of her orange cake was being denied me. I don't know. It was crazy, but my feelings were my feelings. Luckily Walmart had plenty of the cake mix, so all was not lost.

A funny story about my Aunt Sis. My cousin's grandchild, who was Aunt Sis's great-granddaughter had childhood cancer (she has since recovered and is doing well), and the family had a yard sale to raise money to help with the expenses. I donated some of my household items for them to sell, but I also purchased some stuff. A couple of years ago we were having Thanksgiving Dinner at my house and I said something about the platter that the turkey was on being Aunt Sis's platter. My mother looked at me kind of sideways and said with a hint of jealousy, "how did you end up with her platter?" Everybody laughed when I said, "I bought it at Kaeleigh's yard sale."

Dave is "somewhat" better. Still grouchy and still hasn't left the house except to go for his walks. He goes back to the surgeon on Tuesday and the urologist on Thursday, so we should have some kind of plan by the end of the week.

My weight is holding steady, but it is certainly not moving downward. Dave, on the other hand, has probably dropped 10 lbs.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,725 Member
    Katla - I think a tent is a great idea. My Grandson camps with his parents in the summer, but they have no yard to set it up in that is also safe.

Beth - you are so correct. She believes in wearing her best every day. She speaks her mind and just loves life. She also has a beautiful heart. When I picked her up Friday evening we stopped at a store to see if they had a shirt that I had been debating on. When we went into the store, the shirts had been moved. I said, “Oh No, maybe they sold out”. She almost cried and said, “Oh Grammie, you can’t get your shirt”
    She also knows that I’m still struggling with my back and hips so she offered to dust for me, she also helped with laundry. Moving the clothes from the washer to dryer and helping load the second load in the washer.

Rebecca - those girls do look alike, they are both adorable.

Michele - I bet you would have a blast taking your Grandson to a toy store for him to choose a toy, I think you said you were going to be there.

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,817 Member
    exermom wrote: »
    Honestly, they had to have this king bed for their bedroom. The bed, one dresser and two end tables take up most of the room. There isn’t a dresser in the guest room, only a small table. No end tables, just the small table and the queen bed.

Michele NC

In our house, the lounge room, dining room and kitchen are a decent size, but the bedrooms are small. So we've got a sleeping room with our king sized bed (separated into twins now), two night tables and a narrow tall dresser. The next largest room has a closet so we added a wardrobe and put all our dressers in there. It's the dressing room. The smallest room, and it is small, is an office.

Some houses are like that, so you get creative. :)

Don't you have a king sized bed? I wouldn't want anything smaller ... I like my room when I sleep. :)

Your kids have to make their own decisions in life. One thing I've been very thankful for is that my parents let me make my decisions without expressing shock or disappointment or anything. They've always been very supportive. And I've done all sorts of travelling, overnight long distance cycling, and of course, moving halfway around the world! :open_mouth: They may have expressed their own opinions to each other, but never to me or on a public forum. They just keep praying for me, and telling me how proud they are of me and what I've done. :heart:

Machka in Oz
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,811 Member
    :)
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,482 Member
    edited April 2021
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BP, dogs to powerline, livestream church, update fire district profile,
    Bonus: one load laundry, line dancing at the port.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, call D re: sticky keyboard, Norton and windows updates, call S, ongoing: fire district: find locksmith to copy mailbox key, input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, call Credit union re: credit card, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Do Your Thing, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. Reconcile Joe’s EOB’s Thrivent shows only 2263.48 so far, next BGBS ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this spring’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers), Monday, follow up with Chetco Medical re: labs not approved, bank to turn in pennies, ask Nick or Traci about revised escrow statement and refi. Tuesday: call Wild Rivers (541 247 3514) for dog wash/nail trim appointments, county planning office neighbor’s plans,
    Active April:
    11: Be active outside. Dig up weeds or plant some seeds. Nope but walked dogs down to the powerline and danced outside at the port.
    12:Set yourself an exercise goal or sign up to an activity challenge. Back to inside line dancing Tuesdays beginning April 20. Find those torture bands and make BB&B a weekly priority.

Lisa great pic of John and even greater news. Congratulations!
    Kylia I used to have a cleaning service, but then some of Joe’s treasures disappeared and that was the end of that. Now that I’m retired and could make time to clean, I still loathe it and do only the barest minimum.
    Rebecca the cousins and you, what pretty girls, family resemblance is clear.
    Beth “…Probably shouldn't publicly say that I don't like cleaning!” made me smile!
    Katla tell Arrow hello from us!
    Ginny “. . .able to do some of my stretches this am with no pain and went for about a 20 minute walk outside.” Hooray!
    Barbie would you share what you sent to Gretchen Rubin?
    Allie ((hugs)) and prayers for successful ablation. Seems like a lot for an “outpatient” procedure, are the 6 hours flat while there or after you get home?
    Tracey love your granddaughter’s helpful heart.
    Michele sorry to hear about Denise’s knee.
    Heather envying Johnny’s willingness to accept new pillows. Joe won’t part with ours, some of which belonged to his grandma and are held together with duct tape :sick: :noway: [sigh]
    Kay prayers for Dave’s appointments this week, that the plan is painless and effective.

Another bright sunshiney blue sky windy day, but today the wind is from the east so quite warm and comfortable. Even got the dogs down to the powerline, yay! Dancing at the port was great for exercise and seeing friends, hell on wheels on the ol’ joints. Forgot how hard dancing on concrete is on hips and knees.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    April: leaner/stronger/kinder than March.
    daily: sit with Joe: 11, weigh/wii: 11/0/0; steps>5627=7622 yay! vits=11, log=11, CI<CO=10, CI<250<CO=9, Tumble=17, Shadow=14, mfp=11, outside=14 up hill=11
    wkly: BB&B,T’ai Chi or SWSY x3= rx=2 dance=1, clean 30 mins=5, packwalk=4, wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/4:140.3 :grin: 4/11: 140.9 4/18: 4/25:
    mnthly: board mtg=, grant=1, 21 plan= bonus: AF=8 play= sew= waist=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • Machka9
    ath8ir0gmwsx.png

It'll be August 20 before I see a faint ray of dim twilight when I get home from work.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Now that I’m retired and could make time to clean, I still loathe it and do only the barest minimum.

What don't you like about it?

I often don't have time ... busy doing 400 other things ... but I actually like vacuuming because it is instant gratification. The floor was dirty ... now it's clean! :)

M in Oz