Cottage Cheese Recipes Please - NO I DON'T WANT TO CHECK PINTEREST, I WANT YOURS!

13»

Replies

• corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    An old weight watchers recipe for cheese danish.
    Mix some cottage cheese with a little vanilla, cinnamon, and saccharine (does that hint how old it is?)
    Pile on a slice of toast. Put in 350 oven until cottage cheese melts—takes a while. Can add fruit if you have the calories.

Tastes nothing like cheese danish, but I liked it—no vanilla or saccharine.

• iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 531 Member
    I love, love, love cottage cheese with pineapple. It is delicious!
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Jenmeg1978 wrote: »
    I just found a recipe for pancakes simply using cottage cheese, egg, and oatmeal. Looks good will have to try!https://hurrythefoodup.com/cottage-cheese-pancakes

I have been making this for a while. With a little sweetener of your choice and a pinch of cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice it is delicious and filling.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    I’ve used it for years to make a low calorie version of cauliflower cheese. Lightly steam cauliflower, then place in an ovenproof dish. Top with the cottage cheese and put under the grill until the cheese is melty and just taking on some colour. Sometimes I’ll run herbs through the cottage cheese, or a dash of paprika or dry mustard powder.

I happily eat a plateful of this with salad leaves regularly for dinner. Love it!

This one I will have to try. I never thought of cottage cheese for melting. Then again I dont think I have eaten cottage cheese with savory foods. I eat it alone or with fruit,
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    I whip it into my scrambled eggs, makes them extra creamy.

I eat it in a bowl with kimchi mixed in, this is my quick go-to for a protein boost.
  • stephaniek511
    stephaniek511 Posts: 86 Member
    I opted to add some tomato and avocado with salt and pepper - don't usually go the savory route with it but it was pretty tasty!
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    tmarie2715 wrote: »
    I am so excited to have found this thread because I actually came to the boards to exalt my newest snack obsession--a rice cake topped with cottage cheese and furikake (a rice seasoning blend with sesame seeds, dried seaweed, etc.)

It's delicious.

Just got some of this along with the Shony & Dulce seasonings ...... waiting to experiment & this recipe idea will help! Love cottage cheese!
  • travisperry1984
    travisperry1984 Posts: 3 Member
    edited April 2021
    Okay, I wish I had something relevant to add but this thread is awesome! I've been TRYING to like cottage cheese due to it helping me hit my macros, but I just CANNOT stand the texture. Can you cook or melt this to blend it together or blend in a blender? Interested in more recipes that gets rid of the liquidy-chunky texture haha. Thanks for the tips so far though, you guys rock!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,511 Member
    I have used it in the past for baked ziti, lasagna, enchiladas, and mac and cheese
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Yes, it melts very slowly, but it does melt.

Often, when I bring home a carton, I put the whole thing in the blender and purée it, then put it right back in the carton. If I know for sure I’m only going to use it with fruit or sweet things, I put some vanilla, cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice, and maybe just a little sugar in the blender with it.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Cottage cheese is great on top of baked potatoes!
  • VickyBowden
    VickyBowden Posts: 1 Member
    I fry up diced red onion, zucchini and tomatoes, once cooked I add some basil and cottage cheese. Amaaazing with fish or chicken breast🥰
  • funnygrl9005
    funnygrl9005 Posts: 2 Member
    I cannot be trusted to do the right thing when I come home from work starving and need to get dinner made, so I premeasure 1/4 cup of 2% creamed cottage cheese in the morning and leave it in the fridge. In the evening, I either...brace yourselves...chop up two small filets of jarred herring and mix them in, or just douse the cottage cheese with worcestershire sauce, for a quick legal snack, and it keeps me going until dinner. Are there any other worcestershire superfans on here?
  • teamhugcpt
    teamhugcpt Posts: 24 Member
    My favorite cottage cheese recipe sounds disgusting, but it's really good: cottage cheese, tuna, and sriracha. I learned it from a YouTube video but I don't remember which one so I can't cite the source. It's good on bread, celery sticks, or cucumber slices, but sometimes I just eat it with a spoon. Basically it has all the same flavors as my stepmom's tuna casserole, so I sometimes garnish it with french fried onions.

I also like it with salsa or ranch seasoning mixed in.

I used to top it with a homemade blueberry and chia seed jam, which is pretty tasty, but I have been on more of a savory kick lately.
    Okay, I wish I had something relevant to add but this thread is awesome! I've been TRYING to like cottage cheese due to it helping me hit my macros, but I just CANNOT stand the texture. Can you cook or melt this to blend it together or blend in a blender? Interested in more recipes that gets rid of the liquidy-chunky texture haha. Thanks for the tips so far though, you guys rock!

Yes! An immersion blender will smooth it out, but it's hard to do in small quantities. I melted some in the microwave the other day on 50% power, stirring with a fork every 30 seconds or so to make sure it melts smoothly.

• DyneSalcar
    DyneSalcar Posts: 45 Member
    If you freeze cottage cheese, it thaws with a consistency a little closer to ricotta. Mix with egg, salt, and pepper as the cheese layers of a lasagna (whether a pasta lasagna or a zucchini lasagna).

I also love doing cottage cheese with AA little of the syrup from a jar of cherries as a special treat.