Losing 10lbs at a time.

Hello. I am going to take baby steps. Losing 10lbs at a time. It's is much easier for me to get those small winds than keep waiting for that large win. Lol

Replies

• LtHammerhead
    LtHammerhead Posts: 33 Member
    That’s a super smart approach. SMART goals in corporatespeak
  • heatherbluebell
    heatherbluebell Posts: 86 Member
    I love this! A friend recently was telling me she is focusing on getting to the next 'decade', and I thought that was such a great way to approach it. @LtHammerhead, SMART goal for sure!
  • bricktop89
    bricktop89 Posts: 2 Member
    I'm trying to recommit to losing weight. I gained too many LBS in 2019 and more in 2020.
  • mpridehealth
    mpridehealth Posts: 6 Member
    Awesome thinking, wishing you best of luck on your health goals. I am working on losing 35 total, but have weekly goal of 2lbs. Add me and let's support each other to our goals. Take care.
  • sljjjembeca
    sljjjembeca Posts: 40 Member
    🌸 loving the plan! Luck to you
  • teresa79laurie
    teresa79laurie Posts: 2 Member
    Completely agree, I have about 70 lb to lose and fail when I see it as such a huge amount, I have broken into 7 x 10 lb chunks, hoping this will help, have used MFP on and off for years
  • GrizzledSquirrel
    GrizzledSquirrel Posts: 120 Member
    This is such a simple idea that I’m embarrassed I’ve never thought about it - but it makes complete sense - thanks!

Funny - because instinctively I know I would never complete a “Couch 2 Marathon” programme. But a Couch 2 5K followed by a 10k and progressively build up from there: sure, why not?

Why am I so “ultimate goal or total failure” when it comes to weightloss?

Thanks for the idea. I am going to focus on getting to my “no dramas” weight - i.e. the weight where I know I want to lose more but where I’m not panicking! 😄 Only I know what that weight is. 😉

I’ll decide on my next goal after that.
  • kelMee2
    kelMee2 Posts: 203 Member
    I think it seems less daunting if you give yourself smaller goals rather than focusing on the overall amount you want to lose, I have 60lbs to lose and to hit my next mini goal i need to lose 9lbs. Once I reach that I'll give myself another mini goal and hopefully keep going till I reach my target.
  • 406MamaBear
    406MamaBear Posts: 47 Member
    Yes! That’s what I’m doing, too! It just helps me to think of it in terms of a realistic goal I can continue to build on. Glad I’m not the only one. :smile:
  • holliesterr
    holliesterr Posts: 16 Member
    Yes! This way of thinking worked for me. You can do this!
  • yweight2020
    yweight2020 Posts: 591 Member
    This is how I've loss 30 pounds so far, only focusing on small increments, like 5 lbs at a time. You can do this , best of care.👍
  • g2renew
    g2renew Posts: 145 Member
    edited April 2021
    Mari8203 wrote: »
    Hello. I am going to take baby steps. Losing 10lbs at a time. It's is much easier for me to get those small winds than keep waiting for that large win. Lol

"Great minds...":-).I aim for .5 lb week weight loss and am delighted with 1. So I celebrate ('yay me') when I lose .5 - 1 lb in a week.

I am averaging 1.4lbs per week, so I really celebrate! Then, next level celebration is for every five pounds lost. When I hit a number that ends in a zero, I celebrate all over! Moving the scale beneath a number ending in five or zero, is another celebration! My daughter says I celebrate all the time! LOL Since I am not celebrating with food or huge financial outlays (often it is just a hearty' pat on the back'), I think this is a good way to go! FYI: When I drop beneath the number I am currently (ending with a zero), It will also be the first time I have dropped that low in a while, so I might just pat my back so hard that I knock myself over!!! That's ok-'cause I'll pick myself up and start getting ready for the next celebration:-).

For me, it is important not to fall into the 'I'm failing' thoughts, so this keeps me concentrating on the positives. If I gain one week-water, stress, etc-I have celebrated enough that I am ok with waiting to see the numbers drop later.

Keep posting your wins:-)!