What diet plan are you following or Using with MFP - Is it working for you

13»

Replies

• mpkpbk2015
    mpkpbk2015 Posts: 766 Member
    chiddss wrote: »
    Another who began on WW/SW but got fed up with the points/syns system. I'm just sticking to under 1400kcal or so per day. I've only been doing it for a week or so but already feeling good and not deprived at all.

Great I wish you continued success.
  • sharsunny
    sharsunny Posts: 5 Member
    I am doing the Keto and Low carb but dang I may need to check out the 5:2 plan.
  • mpkpbk2015
    sharsunny wrote: »
    I am doing the Keto and Low carb but dang I may need to check out the 5:2 plan.

thank for sharing and good luck on the journey. I am not aware of the 5:2 plan .I do paleo and love it.
  • KelBlundell
    KelBlundell Posts: 47 Member
    I did a lot of research on diet and tried various approaches. The habits that have stuck;
    1. Having half a plate of vegetables with each meal
    2. Having eggs for breakfast
    3. Cutting out carbs in refined/potato/rice form. I dont moderate vegetable carbs so still get 40-60g carbs a day but it is all veg (carrots, radishes, peas etc).
    4. Not snacking more than once a day
    5. Smaller plates. So silly but it works.
    6. Exercise. Got five minutes? Do some. Feel tired? Workout.

The half plate of veg came from slimming world I think but I didnt like the whole group thing. I have the advantage of loving veg. I also try and eat 5-10 different veg a day.

In dec I weighed 220lbs (5'9"). I am currently 190lbs. My target weight is 165lbs.

The exercise has really helped my MH as well as tone my body. It is weird when your legs change shape though!
  • mpkpbk2015
    I did a lot of research on diet and tried various approaches. The habits that have stuck;
    1. Having half a plate of vegetables with each meal
    2. Having eggs for breakfast
    3. Cutting out carbs in refined/potato/rice form. I dont moderate vegetable carbs so still get 40-60g carbs a day but it is all veg (carrots, radishes, peas etc).
    4. Not snacking more than once a day
    5. Smaller plates. So silly but it works.
    6. Exercise. Got five minutes? Do some. Feel tired? Workout.

The half plate of veg came from slimming world I think but I didnt like the whole group thing. I have the advantage of loving veg. I also try and eat 5-10 different veg a day.

In dec I weighed 220lbs (5'9"). I am currently 190lbs. My target weight is 165lbs.

The exercise has really helped my MH as well as tone my body. It is weird when your legs change shape though!

Congrats on your loss and thanks for sharing. Your almost there good luck
  • durhammfp
    durhammfp Posts: 493 Member
    I didn't follow any kind of "plan" other than eating less of what I already ate.

I think it depends on personality...some people like being told, "eat this...don't eat that". I don't like rules, I don't like being told anything is "forbidden", and I like flexibility in what I eat..

Ditto. This is me as well. I don't put any food entirely off limits. Anything I want to eat I eat, and deal with the consequences. I have lost ~49 lbs with basic calorie counting.
  • mpkpbk2015
    durhammfp wrote: »
    I didn't follow any kind of "plan" other than eating less of what I already ate.

I think it depends on personality...some people like being told, "eat this...don't eat that". I don't like rules, I don't like being told anything is "forbidden", and I like flexibility in what I eat..

Ditto. This is me as well. I don't put any food entirely off limits. Anything I want to eat I eat, and deal with the consequences. I have lost ~49 lbs with basic calorie counting.

Thanks for your insights and for sharing. have a great week.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,971 Member
    I lost 40# and have maintained the weight loss for over 5 years and counting.

I never followed a "diet plan" either. The "program" I follow is to log everything I eat in MFP and weight myself daily; making adjustments as necessary based on the "data." I do not find doing this a burden, as some do. It's a way of life for me now and I'm comfortable doing it.

The main reason I got fat in the1st place was that I drank and inordinate amount of beer/sodas and other things w/o keeping track of how many cals that I was consuming.

I made a personal choice to stop stocking beer/soda in the frig at home and stopped buying a large pizza that I would eat all by myself. I also choose not to eat baked goods heavy in sugar and butter. But these are just personal choices, not a "plan."

While I have not had a soda in over 5 years, I still drink beer (and other alcoholic products), share an occasional pizza w/my GF and eat a donut now and then BUT the difference is that I log the cals for these things in MFP and, if I go over my daily cals and gain wt as a result, I know exactly why and can make the necessary corrections as time goes by.

Simple as that.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    I am not trying to lose weight right now as I am pregnant but I still track my caloric intake and nutrients using MFP. I have used MFP for weight loss and have lost weight in the past when I stuck to my calories. I’m not on a particular diet now but I do eat mostly plant based, pescatarian. Interestingly, despite taking no iron supplement due to side effects, my levels are great.
  • lmf1012
    lmf1012 Posts: 402 Member
    I started on March 29th so just starting my third week. I read everything I could get my hands on related to fat loss and I am really incorporating several "tips" if you will:

Movement/Exercise
    1. Sit less, move more throughout the day - I have a desk job so I try to get up every hour and move around a little
    2. Strength training - 3x a week (this could be done at home with some barbells)
    3. Taking a walk most days

Nutrition
    1. I have cut out processed carbs (no white bread, no pasta)
    2. I eat a protein rich breakfast (usually 3 egg whites and 1 full egg, turkey bacon)
    3. Limit my fruit to berries (usually incorporated into a protein smoothie)
    4. Drink a TON of water throughout the day
    5. Added a cup of green tea to my day
    6. Cut out all added sugars
    7. Focus on whole foods instead of processed

Other than that, I am just following a calories in < calories out "plan"
  • Db276952
    Db276952 Posts: 2 Member
    CICO and daily protein goal. Simple, easy, effective - and still allows me to have ice cream. Can't complain lol
  • AKTipsyCat
    AKTipsyCat Posts: 240 Member
    All of them at one time or another... LOL. Most of them work if you stick to them. The key is finding out what works best for you and your lifestyle and incorporate as much activity as you can. For me, I always do best when I focus on my proteins, keep carbs <100, walk my 10K a day and do my weightlifting. The heavier I lift, the more I get to eat.
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    I was keto for a month, lost 20 lbs, then decided I wanted more variety in my diet. Now I count calories and eat whatever I want within reason. I still try to make "good" choices though.