hi can anyone explain to me

hi
can anyone explain to me
the mindset of losing weight slowly
i know well losing 1 kg per week and more
but cant understand how someone could lose weight slowly 0.5 kg and not lose passion
and dont lose control
losing weight slowly mean more time
mean more chances of bad eating more eagerness to food
and as you know one meal can increase weight very much
thank you

Replies

• nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    If you're asking about how to stay motivated, that will depend on the person.

For me: I kept looking to the next 5#. For example, I originally started a little above180. So when I got under180 for the first time, it was exciting. THen when I got under 175, I was thrilled. I kept going in this way, always looking forward to the next 5# 'milestone'. For me the time it took was never important. I did not focus on the days or weeks. My goal was a healthier, more active rest of my life. When thinking about the rest of my life, whether I hit goal in 6 months or 9 did not matter.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Other than the instant gratification of seeing the weight peel off, I can't really think of any other reason why losing weight quickly is desirable. IMO the closer your weight loss path is to maintenance, the better.
  • joanna_82
    joanna_82 Posts: 151 Member
    I lost 14lbs over a year. Sounds like not very much but has made a huge difference to how I look and feel. Doing it this slowly allowed me to make manageable, lasting changes to my lifestyle. To eat enough, to not be hungry, to fuel my activity and to enjoy food and cooking. I didn’t have a huge amount of weight to lose hence the v slow rate but still. It’s not really been difficult but I’ve seen results. You just have to commit to it and see it for the long term. Good luck.
  • marcyschlosser
    marcyschlosser Posts: 1 Member
    My husband and I both had (have) weight to lose. He remembered from years ago how healthy New Zealanders were and the time of day they ate their main meal. We did some research and discovered the "Intermittent Fasting" program. (Has probably been around for eons, but was new to us.) Since Jan. 1, we've been doing the 16/8 program. We eat in an 8 hr. window (8 a.m. - 4 p.m. basically) and fast for 16 hrs. (4 p.m. - 8 a.m.). MFP has been a God-send for me. I religiously weigh and log in everything I eat. We have both lost 20#. This has been the easiest, most fun weight loss program for us. (We've tried MANY things in the past.) At times I'm amazed at the calorie range in MFP library for a certain food. It can be frustrating at times as I'm trying to map out my food/calories for the day. But I do LOVE MFP app!!!! Wishing happy success to you all!!!!