Saturated fat

deborahupton10
deborahupton10 Posts: 17 Member
edited April 2021 in Food and Nutrition
Hi
I have eaten 2 eggs on 2 slices of multi grain bread no marg or butter does anybody know why that gives me 10g of saturated fat please

Replies

• deborahupton10
    I've just thought I put my dinner down as well a salad with prawns and 2 cups of tea maybe it's from them as well
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,036 Member
    Eggs contain some saturated fats and most breads too. Without knowing the weight of those two eggs and slices of bread (or the type of bread) it's guesswork whether or not 10gr of saturated fats is accurate or not.
    There are many incorrect and incomplete food entries in the database, it's a good idea to check the accuracy.
  • Lietchi
    You can open the individual foods entries to check the nutritional info.
    Prawns barely contain saturated fats. As for salad: you mean lettuce? Not a likely source either
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    If you made your diary public people could see precisely what database entries you picked.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    Your diary should show where the sat fat is from. Could be you picked bad entries.
  • deborahupton10
    Thank you for your replies.
    I've gone over on lots today better luck tomorrow
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,515 Member

Don't worry, there's always tomorrow!

And, with great respect for @sijomial , I recommend making your diary private or public with password. People can sometime be mean about what you eat, and no one needs that!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,724 Member
    OP, this may not apply, but did you use an entry for whole uncooked eggs in the shell, or one for something like fried or scrambled eggs? In the cases of a user-entered database record for cooked eggs, one never knows whether they fried their eggs in a big bunch'o'butter, or something like that. One usually gets more accuracy by using individual components (like the whole eggs, plain) plus a measure of whatever you personally used to cook or top them, vs. using an entry another person created that may have unknown/unlabeled ingredients in it.

That's on top of the need, for best accuracy, to check entries the first time we select them, since the database is largely user-entered, and sometimes people guess or mistype when they input things. Once you have a good checked-out entry, it will come up first in searches (in the app) or be in recent/frequent food tabs (web), as long as you log that thing semi-regularly.

Don't worry, there's always tomorrow!

And, with great respect for @sijomial , I recommend making your diary private or public with password. People can sometime be mean about what you eat, and no one needs that!

People who are asked to make their diary public because of a query have the option to make it public for a couple of days to get input, then make it private again. Yes, sometimes people can be mean about what one eats, but I haven't personally seen a lot of that on threads where there is a request to open the diary for specific reasons, and a focus for the feedback. Tough love, sometimes, like people responding to "why am I not losing" diaries with "what did you eat on the unlogged days" and that sort of thing; some people see that as mean. To me, it's honest support.
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Saturated fat is a controversial topic. Of course, one has to follow the doctor's instructions, but as a lifestyle choice one would be 100 times less likely to meet an avoidable death if one did not drive in the rain as opposed to eating a bit of butter and coconut.
  • deborahupton10
    @annept77 the entry for eggs was whole uncooked I scanned the barcide then scrambled them
  • Lietchi
    Did you end up checking where your saturated fats came from, looking at the individual food entries?
    Two eggs is around 4 grams of saturated fats (depending on the size of course).