JUST FOR TODAY -- Daily Commitment Thread for 2021

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,685 Member
    JFT - Sunday April 11
    1.5L of water - 😕
    Log all Food - 🙂
    Walk for 15 minutes - 🤷‍♀️ I worked for 11 hours at the office and 45 minutes at home. I did pace the living room some last night, but honestly I was exhausted

JFT - Monday April 12
    1.5L of water
    Log all Food
    Walk for 15 minutes

@PackerFanInGB - I have been struggling with missing my family too. It’s been worse than working in a LTC facility in an Outbreak.

@TerriRichardson112 - Congratulations on the loss! Every time you share the list of tops for weight loss. I read it word for word, it tends to help me refocus.

• Snowflake1968
    @littleblackskirt

I understand how you feel. My brother nor I could keep our Mom.
    Mom actually got so much happier when she moved into a nursing home. One of my friends just had to put her Mom in a step down from nursing home. Her Mom was sleeping all day, not getting out of bed, very unhappy. She has become so active and participating in all of the activities.

Don’t feel guilty, you need time too. Maybe you just need to go a couple times a week. If she can’t take care of herself on the other days maybe it’s time to look for professional caregivers.

Very tough time for you.
  • sviers13
    sviers13 Posts: 109 Member
    sviers13 wrote: »
    Good morning everyone. I was participating in this group for a while in 2020 then went back to WW. Rather than losing, I’ve gained
    4.2 lbs since January. It’s frustrating because when I did WW last time, I lost quickly.

I found that I really missed the option of journaling that MFP has and I missed this group! You all are inspirational.

JFT

Log everything ✅
    Exercise, even if only for 10 minutes ✅

I’m going to be keeping it simple for now.

• jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Look at everyone showing up today! Nice work team! Felt like I really got back on track today. Had some openings on my schedule and so I took advantage of it. Caught on on some reports and brought my bike in for a tune up. Ended the work day with a request for a report (of course not one I'd had time to finish, ah well). Motivated myself to exercise and finished the day with a solid workout. I can definitely feel myself getting stronger. I was able to (mostly) do a few squats and lunges today! A few weeks ago I could not do that. Feels good to see progress. Just need to keep it up!

JFT Monday:
    80 oz water ✅
    stay in the green ✅
    meet all serving recommendations for 5 food groups ✅
    30 minutes exercise ✅
    screens off 8:30 ✅
    track food, exercise, water and post on JFT ✅

JFT Monday:
    80 oz water
    stay in the green
    meet all serving recommendations for 5 food groups
    rest day-walk or house project
    screens off 8:30
    track food, exercise, water and post on JFT

@littleblackskirt I find the hardest part of managing depression is that what helps is the things we are not motivated to do. It’s ok to feel overwhelmed and stressed with aspects of caring for your mom, that’s human to feel. Be sure to take care of you too! One quote I go back to regularly is "you cannot your from an empty cup."
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 919 Member
    Wow, thank you for all the supportive responses to my post. I hesitated to post yesterday, I should have known you were too kind to judge me harshly.

Mum will not consider going into a care home, although it may be necessary in the future. I can understand that, no-one wants to leave their home. She would have much more company and activities to do if she did though. I feel I do need to check on her every day, if I'm a little late she keeps saying I thought you weren't coming. And with the virus around she worries about how she would manage if I was ill. My sons would shop for her, but they wouldn't take over everything else as they don't have time. They visit on the days I'm away cleaning.

Anyway, yesterday was a good day with her. She has decided to give some clothes away... this is good news for me as her house is very full and I'm dreading the day when I have to empty it. I've already done my aunt's house, which was even more hoarded and it was a very depressing and difficult task. I think like a lot of their generation they started life very poor and they didn't like to get rid of stuff. I understand it but I don't like it, they knew they were leaving the task to me. It's made me very aware that I shouldn't keep things I don't need and I like my house light and bright. My children will be the first generation in our family to not have to deal with all this when I go, lucky them!

So, JFT Monday 12th April

Log everything yes, every bite
    Stay in the green no, 180 over
    Walk 60 minutes, slower than normal though
    Back exercises yes!
    Admin (of course there's admin!) yes
    Gratitude Grateful for the sunny day. The snow had melted and I went for a walk in the woods instead of round town, and it was lovely. Also grateful for the supportive ladies on this thread

I did really well with my eating yesterday, until i got the munchies in the evening. It pushed me into the red. Today's food will be the same (leftovers from yesterday) so need to stop eating after evening meal.

JFT Tuesday 13th April

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Walk
    Back exercises
    Laundry
    Gardening
    Gratitude

Word for 2021 Strength

Lose 21lbs in 2021

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,263 Member

JFT Monday
    - Work by 8:00 :(
    - Meeting at 10:00 :smiley:
    - Prom dress fitting at 3:30 :smiley:
    - Log food :smiley:
    - Stay under calories :smiley:
    - Exercise? :(
    - Bed by 11:30 :smiley:

Have a great day y'all!

Tuesday, Tuesday... Did not sleep well last night, and finally gave up and came in to work at 6:00am. Bonus is that I can leave at 2:30. If I didn't hate mornings so much this would be a right nice schedule. As is, I have a cup of coffee and a soda on my desk.

Yesterday was pretty good. I didn't exercise, but deep down I knew I wouldn't I was just to tired. The dress fitting went well, and the lady is going to make Sierra a matching mask out of the excess material. Bonus! Other than that, I took a nap and vegged. I've got to do better today.

I weighed in today and my weight was up a tad, but within normal fluctuation and my overall trend is negative. No bad feelings over this. Still trying to do an eating window, but I've changed it up a bit to fit my life. Now instead of 11:00 - 8:00, it's 11:00 until dinner. No post dinner snacking. This has been working pretty well so far. Today may be a challenge because I came into work early. 11:00 is a long way from 6:00...

We have a new employee in the lab and the individual who was training him is now out for 2 weeks due to Covid exposure, which means I get to train him. This is not ideal as I don't know the job well, but I can read a method so as long as they are written well we should be able to fumble through. I also have to train my 2 lab employees on a new test, no big deal, but the chemicals are a bit nasty and require additional PPE and it will still make me smell funny.

Today is actually the first club ride of the season, but I'm pretty afraid to go. I am heavy and slow and the hills may kill me. There is an option for a shorter less hilly route, but my pride is hard pressed to let that happen. Crazy, but true. I may go ride by myself in another place where I won't see folks and its flat until I drop some weight and gain some strength and endurance.

JFT Tuesday
    - Weigh in :smiley:
    - Go into work
    - Train folks and train more folks.
    - Meetings in between
    - Eat in window
    - Log food, all of it
    - pick V up from school
    - Go ride with or without the group
    - No beer after the ride (that's a tough one)
    - No evening snacking
    - Bed by 11:30

Have a happy day y'all. Do something you love today and find joy in it!
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Monday 12 April

Log 😊
    Stay in the green 😊
    5 fruit and veg 👿
    Water 😊
    Fitbit exercise goals 😊
    Weigh 😊 trend ⬆️ 👿

I’ve been lazy with my logging over the past few days 👿. It’s a beautiful day today and I’ve been out for a walk (about 7 miles) so I guess it’s time to do some housework 😡.

• pridesabtch
    @Bex953172 you have a lot on your plate and this thread is as much about understanding life as it is about weight loss. I miss your insight when you aren't around, but never worry about taking time for you. Love ya!
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Tuesday 13 April

Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals
    Weigh 😊 trend ↔️

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Tuesday
    1. 1 set of lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Post class plan right away on screen AND on site – FULL LESSON. Email clerk principal and dept head; lesson plans on desk. Link video. RUN EARLY. Leave for appt 8:30.
    2. Pit Crew: Check in.
    3. Classes: Video. 5x5.
    4. Planning: Stretch. Grade WM projects and DSH phase 1.
    5. Lunch: Leftovers. Draft notes for issues script.
    6. Afternoon: Walk at park? 1 hour Clois. Take protein shake to school.
    7. Evening: S&F 4. Dinner: Soup. Breathe. Set 2 of lifts.
    8. Drink more water. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Do the therapy exercises and lifts. Stretch. Chop celery and pack lunch. Set out clothes for tomorrow. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    9. Shower. Review papers by desk. File or trash.
    10. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Wed book group. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? Choose orgs for donations.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of January: 189.8
    End of February: 190.0
    Today: 194.2

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – March? ObG schedule for April. Schedule PCP for May.
    7. Theater: Little Princess.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story. Open Wordpress in Safari.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 15 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks, horse stance for 5 breaths.
    14. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. I have started lifting in addition to running. Slower than I feel like I ought to be. Hoping that the weight bump is due to the lifting. My hamstrings make me think that might be the case.
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • pridesabtch
    @clicketykeys often when your muscles are sore from lifting, they are also retaining water. This will even out as you continue to lift. Great job BTW!
  • Snowflake1968
    JFT - Monday April 12
    1.5L of water - :)
    Log all Food - :)
    Walk for 15 minutes - :)

JFT - Tuesday April 13
    1.5L of water
    Log all Food
    Walk for 15 minutes

@littleblackskirt - I have helped clean a few places out the first time was my Grandmother's homestead. Her Grandparent's lived there and there were outbuildings too. I helped her and my Great Aunt's when I was 12 and her brother had passed away. It gave me my love antiques, but it was a lot of work. I've since helped with both of my Grandmother's houses and my Mom's. My Mom's made me really think about my own house and I've been getting rid of things of my own ever since.

@pridesabtch - My pride is why I refuse to work out at a gym. I think it comes back to gym classes when I was young.

At work early again, so I should be doing it.

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited April 2021
    Recap M 4/12
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks :) 13/14 & 9K
    2) Net cals zero / 12 water / NO evening snacking >:) fail... oops. try again. 11c :)
    3) AJNH issue report :mrgreen: / GA-IT email requests for records & inquiries :smiley: / 12:00 Facebook Live :)
    4) X-train after work / boil eggs / prep lunch, snacks, water bottles & overnight oats / wash dishes / declutter 15 min. / one other chore ~ yes = 5/6
    5) Meditate / unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work) = 2/6 :/

JFT T 4/13
    1) Walked dog 3.86 mi before work :smiley: happy dog & happy me even though I had to force myself out of bed
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks
    3) Net cals zero / 12c water
    4) GA-IT: save requests to G drive / print responses & SOPs / save SOPs to Doc folder / continue set-up
    5) Make turkey ole / prep lunch, snacks, water bottles & overnight oats / wash dishes / declutter 15 min. / one other chore
    6) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / Voltaren / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work)

@pridesabtch Thanks for your comment about this thread being about understanding life. This is so true. I am not an introspective person by nature, I am fairly independent & usually don't do so well to accurately express my feelings. Reading all the posts here really help me put feelings & thoughts into words.

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21 ~ 4.3.21
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and completed 97.44 miles total / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 ~ completed distance on 3.21.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member

For Monday, new day.

-1999 calories:meh, struggling. 3321
    -Work out for 90 minutes. Busy day, make it happen: 87 minutes

For Tuesday

Work out for 90 minutes:

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,048 Member
    @Bex953172 you have a lot on your plate and this thread is as much about understanding life as it is about weight loss. I miss your insight when you aren't around, but never worry about taking time for you. Love ya!

Awh what a lovely thing to say, this really made me smile today! Love ya too!!
  • brittgreenlikethecolor88
    brittgreenlikethecolor88 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Repeating yesterday :)

JFT, Apr 12th @ 153.6lbs:
    - Stick to my meal plan for the day & NO unplanned, evening snacking!
    - Go for an extra walk (~15min)