April 2021 - Daily or Weekly check-in

Replies

• BittersweetVita
    BittersweetVita Posts: 745 Member
    @deepwoodslady - thank you for the encouragement from your breast cancer journey. I cannot imagine going through all that while worrying about your husband's health. I am so sorry for your loss. I've been through quite an ordeal too. I developed Leukemia from my breast cancer treatments. I remember them warning me it could happen but "it's so rare" at the beginning of my treatments. Reconstruction did not work out for me, but I also developed cording and hence, the specialty occupational therapy. I hope that losing some weight will help me feel more comfortable in my new body and also help me keep up with my kiddos.

There are so many options out there for recon but also some great FB communities for staying flat or being a "unicorn" like I am now. I hope you find what will make you feel good and I wish you happiness and health!
  • BittersweetVita
    BittersweetVita Posts: 745 Member
    Stats/Conditions:
    43 year-old female, height near 5'4"
    cancerX2, hypothyroid, menopause, PT

January starting weight: 185.0
    February starting weight: 182.3
    March starting weight: 178.6
    April starting weight: 172.6
    April goal: 167.0

04/01: DNW - first full family visit post-Covid!
    04/02: DNW - traveling back from family visit.
    04/03: 173.5 - alright, not too far off track.
    04/04: 172. 6 - Worked 10 hours and was under calories.
    04/05: 171.7 - another 10-hour shift and under calories
    04/06: 171. 4 - under calories.
    04/07: 172.0 - under calories but over carbs.
    04/08: 173.3 - over carbs and calories.
    04/09: DNW - away from home.
    04/10: DNW - away from home.
    4/11: 171.3 - I have to say that I am surprised by this after eating so many cookies that my mom made. Lol!
  • nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    April starting weight: 190.8 oh dear Lord:#:(
    April goal: be more intentional so I can end the month lighter than where I start:
    - more intentional movement throughout the day
    - plan meals ahead
    - WATER
    - run 3x/week and walk the other days

4/1 T - 190.8 Going to try a run today after some yoga stretches; haven't ran for a week so fingers crossed my calf muscles have improved. Dinner: beef roast and veg. Update: ran 10min, legs started cramping so walked 5, ran 5, walked 5, ran 5. Total 20m run, and I'm ok with that.
    4/2 F - 190.8 Updated with yesterday's run info. Today planning on a walk, will run again tomorrow.
    4/3 S - 190.6 ran 10, walked 5, ran 10, walked 5, ran 5; total 25m run. Feeling much better in the calves since I'm not running two days straight. Sometimes I forget my age...
    4/4 S - 193.8 ugh Chinese from Friday hit

4/5 M - 190.6 3 rounds of 10min runs, felt good. Egg & avocado for dinner.
    4/6 T - 188.2 walk today, planning to run again Thursday. Beef roast & broccoli salad.
    4/7 W - 188.2 walking with the dogs today, loving the beautiful weather! dinner is egg/avo/salsa
    4/8 T - 186.4 surprised at this number but not holding my breath that it'll stick around tomorrow. I really pushed water yesterday, made good food choices; will do the same today. Planning a run today of 3 rounds of 10m along with walking the dogs in between rain spells. Dinner is beef roast and veg.
    4/9 F - 185.2 what???? Perhaps the fresh air walking with the dogs is helping? I don't know - maybe it's because I walk with the dogs am, noon, and evening so the burn is spread thru the day? No clue...I really hope I can hold onto the number thru the weekend, which is by far my weak point. The husky is yelling at me right now for the morning walk, so off I go!
    4/10 S - (run)
    4/11 S -

4/12 M - (run) 188.2 so I've proven that logging on the weekend is critical, and also that gluten is my enemy. If I want to succeed I have to change what I'm doing (or not doing).
    4/13 T -
    4/14 W - (zumba)
    4/15 T - (run)
    4/16 F -
    4/17 S - (run)
    4/18 S -
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,638 Member
    @BittersweetVita Thanks for sharing your breast cancer journey so far. I had to look up what "cording" was. I had never heard of it so I figured it wasn't affecting me. After reading the description I can see that it must be very painful at times. I do have arm issues relating to not draining when the arm is overworked or stress. That causes some swelling and pain because of the inability to drain properly after having those lymph nodes removed. I am thankful for no cording on top of that! I do hope that any recon you have decided on goes well and that they can help resolve the cording issue with the treatments that are out there. My best to you. I am here if you need to talk. I will add you as a friend if that is okay.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,514 Member
    @lizziebtothec

I find that it often takes 2-3 days for things to show up on the scale...in either direction. Your "good" activity and eating may just show up tomorrow.
  • y64j3syjrjx0.png

Just stay with it over the long haul it will pay off.
  • nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    April starting weight: 190.8 oh dear Lord:#:(
    April goal: be more intentional so I can end the month lighter than where I start:
    - more intentional movement throughout the day
    - plan meals ahead
    - WATER
    - run 3x/week and walk the other days

4/1 T - 190.8 Going to try a run today after some yoga stretches; haven't ran for a week so fingers crossed my calf muscles have improved. Dinner: beef roast and veg. Update: ran 10min, legs started cramping so walked 5, ran 5, walked 5, ran 5. Total 20m run, and I'm ok with that.
    4/2 F - 190.8 Updated with yesterday's run info. Today planning on a walk, will run again tomorrow.
    4/3 S - 190.6 ran 10, walked 5, ran 10, walked 5, ran 5; total 25m run. Feeling much better in the calves since I'm not running two days straight. Sometimes I forget my age...
    4/4 S - 193.8 ugh Chinese from Friday hit

4/5 M - 190.6 3 rounds of 10min runs, felt good. Egg & avocado for dinner.
    4/6 T - 188.2 walk today, planning to run again Thursday. Beef roast & broccoli salad.
    4/7 W - 188.2 walking with the dogs today, loving the beautiful weather! dinner is egg/avo/salsa
    4/8 T - 186.4 surprised at this number but not holding my breath that it'll stick around tomorrow. I really pushed water yesterday, made good food choices; will do the same today. Planning a run today of 3 rounds of 10m along with walking the dogs in between rain spells. Dinner is beef roast and veg.
    4/9 F - 185.2 what???? Perhaps the fresh air walking with the dogs is helping? I don't know - maybe it's because I walk with the dogs am, noon, and evening so the burn is spread thru the day? No clue...I really hope I can hold onto the number thru the weekend, which is by far my weak point. The husky is yelling at me right now for the morning walk, so off I go!
    4/10 S - (run)
    4/11 S -

4/12 M - (run) 188.2 so I've proven that logging on the weekend is critical, and also that gluten is my enemy. If I want to succeed I have to change what I'm doing (or not doing).
    4/13 T - 187.8 good run yesterday, reduced my walk intervals and amazingly enough struggled more with breathing than I did with my legs.
    4/14 W - (zumba)
    4/15 T - (run)
    4/16 F - heading out of town with my sister Fri & Sat, need to stay focused on my goals
    4/17 S - (run Sat or Sun)
    4/18 S -