SandTiger's work in progress thread - starting weight 245

Replies

• siouxieq62
    siouxieq62 Posts: 16 Member
    you look amazing!!! I can only imagine how good you must feel! Congrats on all your hard work :smiley:
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,471 Member
    What I want to know is, how is it possible that I am just now becoming aware of this thread?!? D'oh! Regardless, you are killing it & I'm stoked for your progress! <3
  • Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,072 Member
    Thanks for stopping by! And - I really do feel great. :)
  • Sand_TIger
    My two week diet break is over - I ate at maintenance for two weeks. My weight is about the same though I'm a little stronger than before. Still a long way from doing a true push up. Darn it! Here's my latest blog entry.

https://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Sand_TIger/view?id=diet-break-over-back-at-it-989625
  • LilianaV22
    LilianaV22 Posts: 17 Member
    Stay strong, my motto is PROTEIN! PROTEIN EVERYDAY!
  • Sand_TIger
    So true, Jenilla! Just knowing this is possible is truly freeing for me. So nice to have a break and not lose my progress. And Liliana, that's my motto too! I aim for at least 1 gram of protein per pound of lean mass every day. I know, I'm going someplace warm just for mixing Imperial measures and Metric - but oh well, LOL!
  • Latrellis
    Latrellis Posts: 75 Member
    Beautiful kitties. As you exercise more and gain more muscle, your calorie allowance will increase. You're doing a fantastic job!
  • g2renew
    g2renew Posts: 145 Member
    Girl! Just found your thread and blog! So inspiring! So proud of you and happy for you! Love the kitties:-). You mention loving Japanese cuisine-Do you watch "Trails to Tskiji/Oishi" or "Journeys in Japan"? I am such a fan of both of these, but have most likely butchered the spelling. What a wonderful journey you have undertaken for your health! Congrats!
  • lynneburgess714
    lynneburgess714 Posts: 84 Member
    You look fantastic Tiger!
  • Sand_TIger
    edited April 2021
    Thanks to you both! I'll have to check those out, G2renew - I like Just One Cookbook and No Recipes as far as stuff to watch while I'm pedaling. They are both fun and interesting. Japanese home cooking made as I watch - and some of it is so healthy and flavorful.
  • Cyulrichsen
    Cyulrichsen Posts: 12 Member
    wonderful, are you maintaining your weight loss as of today?
  • Sand_TIger

I still have 20-30 pounds to go, but as I've mentioned my loss is rather slow. Mostly due to work stress and not enough time or energy for heavy exercise. So it'll be a while till I reach maintenance. I'm truly enjoying the benefits of carrying less weight though!
  • OutsideIsMyInside
    OutsideIsMyInside Posts: 9 Member
    Hi! Just read your blog, been watching you on and off as we started, I think, near the same size. I , however, lost thirty and came to a screeching halt and need to figure things out so I can lose again. Anyhow , mostly here to say, you’re dealing with a lot and you are an inspiration to many. I’m rooting for you and sending hugs your way!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Sand_TIger wrote: »

I still have 20-30 pounds to go, but as I've mentioned my loss is rather slow. Mostly due to work stress and not enough time or energy for heavy exercise. So it'll be a while till I reach maintenance. I'm truly enjoying the benefits of carrying less weight though!

The closer you get to goal, the slower the loss seems to get, IME. Seems to me that the last 5 took as long to lose as the first 20. It's not a race, tho, right?

Even though you've still got a bit to go, it's nice to hear you're already enjoying this healthier version of you so far. Might as well enjoy the journey while you're on it. To me, the journey is just as important as the destination! (We don't get our wisdom from being at goal; we learn it along the way.)

❤ 🐈🐈🐈
  • Sand_TIger
    Hi, Outside and Jenilla! I so agree with you Jenilla - we learn so much along the way. As much as I wish I had an "instant loss button" the things I've learned and practiced, the habits I've formed, will carry me into maintenance and keep me at goal weight instead of rebounding again. The longer I have to practice, the more ingrained my new habits become! So in a strange sort of way, taking longer at weight loss is a blessing in disguise.

Outside, thank you for finding me and reading my blog - I'm glad that you gained some inspiration from it. I have been inspired by so many people here that I don't know where to begin. All the best to you as you find your own answers and take steps on your healthy journey! :)
  • g2renew
    g2renew Posts: 145 Member
    You are looking healthy and strong! Such good work!
  • Jenpec98
    Jenpec98 Posts: 49 Member
    Wow! Just Wow! I have skimmed through this, but I really want to take some time on my days off and read all of it. Thank you for sharing your progress.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!