LiLee's 2021 Journey!

Replies

• LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    jadepearl wrote: »
    Great job with starting this week with a bang👍 Keep up the good work 👏❤️ Is it school holidays yet over there?

Their spring break was last week. They spent the night at their grandparents for a couple of days before they drove them crazy lol. We didn't go anywhere though. Don't plan on going anywhere this summer either, but we do want to save up to have a nice beach trip next summer.
    That was a lot more info than you wanted but there ya go! lol

• mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Getting back on that horse is the most important battle!!! You can DO ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT <3
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Yes like Steph said...sometimes we have to do things for ourselves and once you turn the corner it will help greatly with stress. I was alone 4 days every week with my kids because my husband was an airline pilot. On top of that he is 15 years older than me and didn't really want to 'fully' participate in child rearing. It was ok because I didn't really have to run anything by him which in some ways made things easier? Also I took care of all the money and bills which was another job but on the good side I never had to account for any financial spending. Husband was extremely good at doing the 'manly' jobs....could fix anything and I never had to even carry a bag of groceries if he was with me. Physically tiring to care for the kids alone but maybe mentally not as stressful since I only had 'them' to care for 4 days a week.. As the kids got older and they wanted to go do something 'fun' I would say well I'm not sure... mommy has all this work to do and I may not get it done. They would volunteer to help so that we could get out the door.
    Yeah the swim club was great as it took them all the way thru high school. It was pretty cheap too. It was every evening m-fri and then a swim meet a few times a month on the weekend.
    Great job on the jump roping! I keep a single 10# hand weight next to my favorite tv seat and when I see it right there it triggers me to do some reps while I'm watching tv. Funny...last time I went to the doc she held my arm to take my blood pressure. She repeated 3 times for me to relax my arm and I said it's totally relaxed. She kinda gave me a stern look and a few seconds later dropped my arm to see if it would fall and it did. It didn't dawn on me then but I think she mistook muscle for tenseness. Ha :p
    Wishing you peace this week o:)
  • LiLee2018
    edited April 2021
    @mistymeadows2005 Thanks!!

@katjustkat That's pretty hilarious with the doc. That would've made my day. Like.. heck yeah, that was muscle! lol I hope to get there one day :)
    That sounds rough with the kids, but sounds like you got through it all like a champ. Well, I guess if you go through that from the start, you just adapt like you did. I dunno what I'm trying to say so I'll stop lol.

So today was leg day. I did NOT do a ton though.
    I had that little voice telling me to not do anything b/c I had to grocery shop this morning, but my butt got home, put everything away and did my workout.
    I did
    leg extensions 4 sets, 13 reps 15lbs (I think)
    16min 3.1m on the recumbent bike.

Like I said, not a huge amount, but my right leg/knee was feeling a bit weird.

Lunch was something SUPER salty though. Had smoked turkey wing flats. Holy crap salty salty salty. I chugged down my drinks one after another. Not even going to get on that scale until my body dumps the liquids I had lol.

Productive, not destructive is my mantra right now to help relieve my stress. And my productiveness is trying to clean, declutter, and organize this house a bit more. I am procrastinating like hell to clean up my daughter's room up though. I have to go through all the toys and clothes and just... uuuugh I don't wanna! lol SO right now, I'm trying to get the kitchen cleaned up more! rofl
    My daughter's room will probably happen on Thursday when I can focus the whole day doing it b/c lord, it's going to take that long.

• katjustkat
    Great mantra! Good job on the work out too :0) When I do a cleaning like that, I make believe I'm moving and ask myself if I would want to move whatever object or throw it away. Hoe you have great rest of the week <3
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Great job on the leg workout :+1: Hope that the cleaning was quick <3 When my kids were younger, I will get them to clean with me so that when they became teenagers, I will get them to clean their rooms every weekend :)
  • LiLee2018
    Yeah, I try to get them to help and they end up just finding things they forgot about and start playing with it lol. I do make them part of the decluttering process for their rooms though. Get them to pick what they want to keep or donate.
    Right now they're doing school work though. Today and tomorrow off, but still have to do homework, so teachers can get their 2nd vaccinations shots if they want them. Like pulling teeth trying to get my daughter to focus and just get her stuff done so she can have the rest of the day to do whatever.

This morning started off rough. I didn't get to bed until 11-midnight. Gurgling stomach that I knew was going to be something later, then caught my daughter up watching her laptop when she should've been sleeping so had to stay up longer to make sure she actually went to sleep.
    THEN, when I finally did go to sleep, at like 2am our alarm went off b/c it detected that our bedroom window had opened for some reason (it hadn't). Malfunctioned for some reason.
    And then the rest of the night I didn't sleep that well. Hubs didn't get back to sleep at all. Poor guy.

I'm good today though. Have caffeine pumping through me! lol
    Did a little bit of grocery shopping with the kids, then got home and did my exercise. Yesterday was a rest, today was arm + jump rope.
    I did a bit more arm stuff today and a little more jumps. Happy with what I did, but feels like I should be pushing myself more too... I just don't want to lol. Such a battle to get over my laziness and get over the feeling of wanting to stop instead of pushing myself a little more. Baby steps though. Baby steps
  • mistymeadows2005
    I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that mantra!!!!! I'm stealin' it <3
  • katjustkat
    You're doing great! So much easier when exercise becomes a habit. I know that if I try to add another exercise at a different time it's supppppppper hard for me to actually do it. So I hear ya. Hope you all get a long restful nights sleep tonight <3
  • LiLee2018
    I'm not exercising today. My right knee area just feels really off. Today would be a leg day, but I'm going to wait until tomorrow to do it just to give my leg a rest. I felt it yesterday when I was jumping rope. After the first couple of jumps it felt fine, but then started feeling really achy by mid day and for the rest of the day.
    I think it's just inflammation still and nothing more serious. I should probably stretch a bit more before and after.

And yeah, things are ok. I've been so tired lately and I'm wondering if it's b/c I'm not eating enough meat. Since meat usually means more calories and I'm calorie counting soooo.. yeah...I'm eating less meat than I used to.
    The short times I did carnivore, it definitely gave me a lot more energy. Thinking maybe it's lack of iron. Ordered myself some animal based iron supplements and hoping it helps. Animal based iron supps are expensive as hell though! So this stuff better work! lol If it does, it'll be worth it.

Aaaand yeah. That's about it really for today. Don't think today is going to be low carb b/c I am craving some popcorn and am definitely going to have some in a little bit! lol
  • mistymeadows2005
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh popcorn sounds divine right now!!!! I always crave hella salt after my longer fast of the week so you're talkin my language girlfriend 😍😍😍
  • LiLee2018
    Change of plan for today.
    First, I ate like *kitten*. Just to get that confession out of the way lol.
    No leg day either b/c apparently hubs volunteered us to help his sis paint her house. So yeah, we were there most of the day helping out. I got a little bit of walking in and helped paint as much as I could, so... it was something I guess.
    But I'm up late right now b/c of the bad food choices and I'm waiting for the antacid to kick in so I can head to bed and not have to worry about reflux.
    I don't think I ate too horribly, but I did drink a regular soda (that's all that was available other than their well water which I don't like the flavor of) which made me feel so BLAH and I had a lot of carbs today too. I don't feel guilty about just going off plan, but I should've reigned it in more than I did.
  • katjustkat
    Sorry your tummy is acting up! Yummmm carbs...can't eat just one! haha...well me at least. You're being very conscious of what your eating so that's great. Hope this week is a feel goooooood week <3
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Hi Lisa 👋

We seem to be in the same boat. I also fell off the wagon but coming back with a vengeance lol. I'm doing Low Carb not Keto and keep carbs below 100. My only exercise is walking 30 minutes a day for now. Best of luck to us both 🙏💜
  • LiLee2018
    I'm still here! I needed a break though. I needed a break from worrying about my food constantly and posting here and all of it.

My motivation never left, but it did take a backseat to anxiety and stress for a little while.

My diet has been total crap lately, but I'm back to it again. I haven't quite gotten out of this funk, but I also can't keep wallowing in it.

Productive, not Destructive.

So to be productive, it's time to get this house cleaned up... at least more than it is now. It's been a part of my stress/anxiety. I overlook a lot of the clutter that builds up until my anxiety starts noticing it more and more until it's driving me crazy to look at it. Time to get some stuff done!

I may not feel like exercising just yet, so I'll trade it in for a little bit to at least get my butt up to clean.

Just have to keep reminding myself if I feel myself slipping back. Be productive. Even if it's something small, like putting some dishes up, or working on a project for a moment, or even just relaxing and finishing some books I've been wanting to read... I need to focus on being productive instead of falling in to destructive comfort feeding/bad laziness. And by bad laziness... like I described above. Letting the clutter and mess build up until it's giving me anxiety.

Who the hell knew losing weight would be so much more than just controlling what I put in my mouth. That's for sure what I thought at first, but I'm definitely learning still that I have a lot of work to do on myself mentally too.
  • bonitabeach33
    bonitabeach33 Posts: 67 Member
    Great to see you are back Lilee. Just taking little steps is a huge achievement especially when all the stars aren't aligned just perfectly, and let’s be honest that doesn't happen often. Wishing you all the best for a good day with some calm moments just for you.
  • katjustkat
    "Productive, not Destructive"....I LOVE that! I turn the music way up when I'm cleaning. I start in one small area and won't leave it till it's perfect. If you flutter around you'll get overwhelmed and won't feel like you got anything done. I also keep a big garbage bag by my side and a couple rags and cleaning fluids. I tell myself that it's my workout for the day...no gym or run necessary.
    It's a tough job running a household with young kids! Arghhhhhh. Try to get them to get used to helping you or they will be overwhelmed when they grow up and gotta do it all themselves. My mom didn't let us touch a thing when we were growing up and boy it was a rude awakening for me when I got my own family. Wish she would have given us responsibilities. I remember seeing all the scattered toys and thinking to myself..." no fairy is gonna appear and help you, just pick it up". <3<3
  • Brendalea69
    I understand completely, we all need a break once in a while <3
  • LiLee2018
    Yall.... Yall.
    So i thought I was finally ahead of the stress. Oh hell naw. Stress kicked in my door and made itself back at home for a little while there.
    I stress ate again and took a few more steps back.
    THEN when I did finally get back to it last week, I started getting headaches and some other unfortunate bodily functions. LOTS of diarrhea at the beginning of the week then awful migraine type of headaches while I slept later in the week.
    I thought maybe it was keto flu. So I changed diet a little and Friday through Sunday I ate normal carbs. Too many actually lol to see if that would help the headache situation.
    BUT then I did a little bit of googling about the headaches just to see if there could be something I wasn't thinking of and saw something called Medicine Overuse and I think that may be my problem with the headaches at least.
    I've been popping ibuprofen A LOT for a while now. Didn't even realize how much until I saw that and started thinking about how often I've been taking it (b/c of my dang teeth/jaw).
    Asked hubs about it since he's a pharmacist and he said it could definitely be a possibility.

I really need to make another appointment with my dentist to get looked at, but I keep dragging my feet b/c it's going to cost so much dang money. Fricking hate dental work. Not bc it doesn't help but b/c even if you have insurance, it covers almost nothing.
    So yep... I'm back to keto/low carb right now while I'm reducing my OTC pain reliever way way way down and hope it helps.
    Also gotta be a grown up eventually and get seen by my dentist. Bye bye another couple thousand dollars I'm sure.
  • Brendalea69
    Awe that sucks, I hope you can get to the dentist and start feeling better soon 🙏