Restarting my journey

tracymayo1
tracymayo1 Posts: 445 Member
Hey everyone. I was using this app years ago to lose and was doing well, then just stopped.
I want to get back into this again, because I am even worse off than I was - and am fed up - but I cannot figure out how to adjust my current weight etc... so it reflects where I am now and where I want to me...

Any help?

Replies

• onamission45
    onamission45 Posts: 5 Member
    We can do it - its been since 2016 since I signed on to this app - I have been doing weight watchers for years and years but decided I didn't want to pay or I was paying and not going and working the plan so pray we all can be here to motivate one another - lost a lot of weight by then and gained it all back and some but i know i can do it again if i stay focused! LETS GO!
  • tnis12
    tnis12 Posts: 1 Member
    edited April 2021
    I'm starting again too! Things are out of control and I need to be more disciplined.
    Go to My Home/View Guided Set-up, and then change your goal weight.
  • tracymayo1
    Thanks Everyone!!
  • NataliaMorozNC
    NataliaMorozNC Posts: 5 Member
    To me, the main pro of this app is that it gives me the feeling of mindfulness and control. Good luck getting back on track!
  • mlindaclaire
    mlindaclaire Posts: 8 Member
    Starting again too.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,013 Member
    If you want to try a team approach, check this out! Fat2Fit is a great community with lots of support through all the ups and downs. But the downs win!! If you really stick with it, you will lose. In this group there are 6 teams, with around 25 people each. You get to know each other, and there is a ton of encouragement, accountability, and support.

First have a look at the group, the teams, the way it works:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114605-fat-2-fit-weight-loss-challenge-and-support-group

Then if you like the idea, and are willing to commit for a full month to give it a try, sign up!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10831398/registration-for-new-members-may-2021#latest
  • minihaak
    minihaak Posts: 43 Member
    Well done for trying again! I'm here again for another rodeo currently 2 months in and going well. I think you need to be in the right frame of mind to have success. Let's do this :)
  • H1L5
    H1L5 Posts: 55 Member
    I'm the same. I last used the app in 2017 and have just come back to it last week. I've really let myself go. All that good work wasted. I haven't weighed myself yet as a big part of me doesn't want to know. I 've started logging my food and I'm feeling quite committed at the mo. I hope I can keep it up. I just want to fit in my clothes without going up a size.
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,257 Member
    Yup. I'm back too. My biggest takeaway with mfp is that I need to log my food. There is something about putting it into the diary that forces me to consider whether or not it's worth it to eat something. It also makes it clear as day that I can have my sweets that I love, but I can't keep sticking my hand in the bag and eating them mindlessly.

I will say this---weigh yourself!! As you lose, you'll be adding to that number and feeling really good about it. Without knowing your start weight, you'll be estimating and not giving yourself full credit for your hard work. And then there is just the whole accountability/being-honest-with-yourself part...

Welcome back! You've got this :)
  • tracymayo1
    Yup. I'm back too. My biggest takeaway with mfp is that I need to log my food. There is something about putting it into the diary that forces me to consider whether or not it's worth it to eat something. It also makes it clear as day that I can have my sweets that I love, but I can't keep sticking my hand in the bag and eating them mindlessly.

I will say this---weigh yourself!! As you lose, you'll be adding to that number and feeling really good about it. Without knowing your start weight, you'll be estimating and not giving yourself full credit for your hard work. And then there is just the whole accountability/being-honest-with-yourself part...

Welcome back! You've got this :)

Thanks... I am weighing myself but not as religiously as the first time (was daily) I have to say I am getting discouraged already as the scale has NOT moved - unless it went UP a lb and back down *(fluctuations are normal - I DO understand that) but being spot on with my logging since starting over, and not seeing a single move down is soooooo upsetting...

I had started on April 12 - right after TOM - and up to now as of this AM I am still sitting at the same 225.4lbs I started at...

It seemed so much faster and easier when I did this 6 years ago!!

I'm not stopping - because I refuse to quit - but I can honestly say if after my next TOM nothing happens... it will be a stuggle...