JUST FOR TODAY -- Daily Commitment Thread for 2021

Replies

• WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
    For Thursday:

1999 calories:
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,452 Member
    @HEGoddard0928 So sorry you and Matt are dealing with this. Listen to the others here, be there for him & take care of you. (((hugs)))

@brittgreenlikethecolor88 My JFT goals are VERY repetitive. That's because it's stuff I need to (a) work on or (b) not forget. I don't always succeed at everything on my list but feel great about what I do get done.

@bookmeister86 I loved your comment about your "inner drill sargeant's criticism" LOL. Remember everything in steps or stages. When you trained for your marathon, you had to build up your distance and endurance.

@mytime6630 Oh to be frost-free in April. Where I live, the average last spring frost is May 11-17. My daffodils are just beginning to bloom now.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,264 Member

JFT Wed
    - Weigh :smiley:
    - Work by 6:30 :smiley:
    - Meeting upon meetings :smiley: -
    - Training :smiley:
    - Audit :(
    - Pick up kid / swing by grocery store :smiley:
    - If it stops raining walk :neutral:
    - Make dinner :smiley:
    - Chill :smiley:
    - Log food :smiley:
    - Bed by 11:30 :smiley:

Make today great y'all!

Busy day today, but mostly good stuff. Working from home, hair appointment (this gray gotta go), crew booster meeting, etc. Yesterday was good, but the rain kind of drizzled along all day so I didn't go for a walk. Despite that, my weight was down today, probably a false low as I doubt I really lost 1.4 pounds in a day.

JFT Thursday

- Work from home
    - shower
    - work meetings
    - Get my hair done
    - pick up kid from school
    - Crew booster meeting
    - Maybe date night
    - Maybe walk

Whatever your day holds, make the most of it. Love y'all!
  • cschmitz110515
    edited April 2021
    Recap 4/14 Happy Hump Day
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks :neutral: 12/14 & 7.6K
    2) Walk dog after work? :/ I was lazy & sad dog
    3) Net cals zero / 12c water :neutral: Evening snack of pistachios but instead of eating straight from package, I measured them out into a bowl... baby steps. 13c :)
    4) GA-IT generate KW reports & print / keep organizing for new regs / print SS EE sheets / pack for work at home = 4/4 LOL rushing to walk out with co-worker, I almost forgot my laptop!
    5) Prep overnight oats / declutter 15 min. / one other chore = 2/3
    6) Meditate / UNPLUG 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / 6:45 alarm (walk dog before work) :smiley: 6/6 Went to bed earlier than usual & feel SO much better today!

JFT 4/15 R
    1) Move hourly
    2) Walk dog in afternoon
    3) Get fish out of freezer for supper / net cals zero / 12c water
    4) Optometrist 12:00 ~ order new glasses for reading, not the drugstore cheaters (post-surgery has been great!)
    5) GA-IT work on F&D pages / keep up w/ emails / PRO s/s updates
    6) Wash dishes / wash towels / declutter 15 min. / financial tasks? / one other chore?
    7) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / 6:45 alarm (walk dog in morning?)

At 7 a.m. temp was 39F with gusty winds making it feel like 30 and, of course, cloudy. So skipped early dog walk. Wind is supposed to drop, temp will warm somewhat, and now the sun's even made an appearance. Think I'll walk dog after work from home.

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21 ~ 4.3.21
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and completed 97.44 miles total / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 ~ completed distance on 3.21.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,322 Member

Just for Wednesday, 4/14/2021 (Day 7 of no-added sugar and low carb veggies):
    • 24H Plan & Assess :star:
    • Journal food and Complete Diary at the end of the day
    • Drink at least one cup of green tea, 64 oz of water, and remember vitamins :#:star:
    • Schedule appts I've been putting off. :star:
    • Physical: 30 minutes (Either take Maddie for a walk or join Planet and try riding a stationary bike) :#
    • 20-20-20 challenge :#
    • Self Care: 30 minutes (Mani/Pedi is sorely needed) :star:
    • Spiritual Care: 30 minutes (Calm app, readings, journaling) :star:
    • Kitchen closed at 7:00 PM :star:
    • Evening Routine :star:

Just for Thursday, 4/15/2021 (Day 8 of no-added sugar and low carb veggies):
    • 24H Plan & Assess
    • Journal food and Complete Diary at the end of the day
    • Drink at least one cup of green tea, 64 oz of water, and remember vitamins
    • Schedule hair appt
    • Physical: 30 minutes (Either take Maddie for a walk or join Planet and try riding a stationary bike)
    • 20-20-20 challenge
    • Self Care: 30 minutes
    • Spiritual Care: 30 minutes
    • Evening Routine

Today's One Small Change:Turkey burger vs Hamburger. No bun.

Small Habit focus this week: Drink one cup of hot lemon water upon rising in the morning :star::star::star::star::frowning:

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,322 Member
    Maybe I was a little crabby seeing snow fall this morning. But it wasn't sticking to the ground so that's good. Not like our April 13-16 blizzard in 2018. I looked up my after photo just for fun.
    gh06gpv96c9r.jpg

Oh my gosh! I totally remember this! What a sucky surprise that was!! :)
  • sviers13
    sviers13 Posts: 109 Member
    sviers13 wrote: »
    I’ve gained weight again and I’m upset, of course. I have IBS and started taking probiotics about a week ago. I started reading more about them this morning and found out that they can cause constipation, bloating, excess thirst and therefore water retention.

I’m going to assume that is what has caused a sudden spike in my weight.

Don’t you just love it when the cure makes it worse???

JFT

Log everything ✅
    Exercise even if only for ten minutes ✅
    Start with just one serving. You can always get more.✅
    Be kind to my body, it’s doing it’s best.✅

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,181 Member
    edited April 2021
    I was so sure I posted last nite ... I guess I didn't! But I am doing so much better this week, so hopefully the scale will reflect. It helps that I love being outside, and while a bit chilly, it has been wonderful. I love temps in the 50s and 60s, and have been getting out for long walks and working in the yard. Hubby is slowing down the business a lot now, so my "work" time is usually only maybe 3-4 hrs a day; somedays more, but somedays none, so that has been wonderful!
    Today we got out and went to Home Depot to buy me a new lawnmower! I am the weird one in that I get excited getting a new lawnmower! I do all the lawn mowing and yard work, so its kinda my toy! (Like the little battery powered chainsaw hubby got me so I can clean honeysuckle!).

We also rejoined a local gym. Hubby went today, wearing his mask, but I am reluctant to go just yet. I want to wait a few more months until more are vaccinated. But I love walking , so I am getting my exercise in that way.

Our daughter is now coming in our patio room, so that has helped. I don't feel like I have to sit out there with her the entire time.
    Like some of you say with your mothers, I am this way with my daughter, I know she is lonely, but sometimes, I just wish she had friends or things to do instead of depending on us so much. She calls everynite... several times actually. She comes out every single nite. She was calling us everynite around dinnertime, but hubby told her not to call between 5-7 .. that we need that time alone. sometimes we like to lay down and watch the news, or even take a short little nap, but every single nite the phone rings, and its her. And if she doesn't come out ... she calls like every hour. I feel bad saying anything, because I know she is lonely, so I am really hoping that now that she can at least come in our patio room that might help her some.

Tomorrow we celebrate our 44th wedding anniversary... so not much in the way of goals.
    JFT, Friday, 4/16

1. 44th wedding anniversary today. I think hubby and I are just going to get out and run errands.. and try and find either a drive thru for dinner or eat someplace outside. No matter what we do, it will be wonderful. My parents only made it to their 43rd anniversary, so every year is a blessing.
    2. no nite time eating. Distract myself .. take a nap, go for a walk, walk around the yard, call a friend, go downstairs with hubby, brush teeth ... do something, but wait 15 minutes before eating
    3. concentrate on 8+ water
    4. other: just enjoy the day ... no set plans

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Friday
    1. 1 set of lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Post class plan right away on screen AND on site.
    2. Pit Crew: Answer WW questions. Print short story test.
    3. Classes: Article reflection & comparison of figurative language terms.
    4. Planning: Stretch. Grade WM projects and DSH phase 2. QUESTION FOR AA.
    5. Lunch: Leftovers. Draft notes for issues script.
    6. Afternoon: Graaaaade! 1 hour Clois. Walk at park?
    7. Evening: S&F 4. Dinner: Leftovers. Breathe. Set 2 of lifts. Livestream.
    8. Drink more water. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Do the therapy exercises and lifts. Stretch. Chop celery and pack lunch. Set out clothes for tomorrow. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    9. Shower. Review papers by desk. File or trash.
    10. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Wed book group. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? Choose orgs for donations.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of January: 189.8
    End of February: 190.0
    Today: 194.4

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – March? ObG schedule for April. Schedule PCP for May.
    7. Theater: Little Princess.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story. Open Wordpress in Safari.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 15 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks, horse stance for 5 breaths.
    14. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. Tired of being tired.
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,689 Member
    JFT - Wednesday April 14
    1.5L of water - 😕
    Log all Food - 🙂
    Walk for 15 minutes - 🤷‍♀️ I know for sure I purposely did 12

JFT - Thursday April 15
    1.5L of water
    Log all Food
    Walk for 15 minutes

Checking in. So much I want to respond too, but my eyes are sore.

• bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Another pretty good day food wise. Scale hasn't shifted yet but I will be patient with it!

I potentially discovered why I'd been super grumpy - period started! Lol. I do get a bit more grumpy just beforehand and if I forget that it's coming then I don't always realise that's why I'm in a bit of a mood. This month in particular I didn't realise that was what it was as I've recently come off the pill and didn't really know when it was due. Then I found out :) . I'm feeling a bit less grumpy already, although that may be because it's Friday... We'll see if the slightly better mood continues!

- Log everything I eat :)
    - Be in the green :)
    - 4 bottles water :)
    - Sort out sodding tax :#Looked at houses instead - going to view one or two this weekend!
    - Do food shop :)

Today's goals:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - Drink 4 bottles water
    - Go for run at lunch

Happy Friday everyone!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,932 Member

cy3q8iv5moy0.jpg

🔹Word - Balance
    🔹I am in tune with my dreams
    🔹I know what is right for me
    🔹I will pursue my dreams and greatest passion
    Life Affirmations

🔹I live in congruence with my authentic self
    🔹I am mindful
    🔹I am creative every day
    🔹I foster positivity
    🔹I am compassionate
    Keep your chin up!
    Turning up is the ultimate success!
    • Name: Terri
    • SW: 227 (Mar 2014)
    • Joined MFP: Jan 2015
    • 1st Goal: 190 (✔️Sept 2015)
    • 01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    • 31 Dec 2020: 145.6
    [*] 1 Jan 2021: 147.2
    [*] 8 Jan: 144.2 (lowest in many years)
    [*] 15 Jan: 145.2
    [*] 22 Jan: 144.9
    [*] 14 Feb: 144.0
    [*] 11 Apr: 142.2

UGW: 142 < x > 148
    • 27 Mar: 144.4
    • 8 April: 143.2
    • 11 April: 142.2 😍
    • Total weight loss: 84.8 ⏫
    Daily Goals:
    Thu: ✅ Fri: Sat: Sun: Mon: Tue: Wed:
    1. Weight 142 < x > 148: ✅ 1/7
    2. Reduce Fat%: ✅ 28.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2 23.4 [/s] 23.1 —>22.9
    3. Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9: 31.3 ⏫
    4. Calories in the green ✅ 1/7
    5. Steps > 7500 ✅ 1/7
    6. Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily✅ 1/7
    7. Active hours > 6 daily ✅ 1/7

🌷Positive intentions for Fri 16 April:
    • Meditation ✔️
    • Weigh/post weight ✔️
    • Outdoor walk
    • Laundry
    • Daily Chores
    • Puzzles: Watch TV:
    • Travel Books: reading 'Slow trains to Venice'
    • Keep up to date with email ✔️
    • Daily goals update✔️

Feb/March/April DAILY RED CUP CHALLENGE (8 x 8oz water)
    Feb: 5/5
    Mar: 31/31
    Apr:
    💧💧💧💧💧💧💧
    💧💧💧💧💧💧💧
    💧

NLNS
    (7 March —->) 24/25
    April: LNS: 0 --> Me: 15

THERE ARE NO QUICK FIXES OR SHORTCUTS to achieving permanent change.
    REMINDERS: One or two thoughts to remember.
    • Daily weight fluctuations are normal, and can be as much as 2 lbs a day for no apparent reason.
    • A general downward trend is what we are looking for.
    • The scale is only one gauge of progress. Others include Measurements, clothes fit, improvement in general well-being/fitness.
    • Eating out can cause apparent weight gain because of high sodium levels, but usually goes quickly. Drinking extra water helps with this.
    • The human body does not react instantly to what we do to it. Sometimes it can take several days to see results.
    • Plateaus are a normal part of the process. The body is consolidating and adapting to your new way of eating/exercising.
    • The closer you get to your goal weight, the more difficult it becomes to lose weight, as your body becomes more efficient at using what you feed it.
    • When you exercise you build muscle, which takes up less space than fat, so use measurements as well as weight to assess your progress.
    • Getting/Staying fit and healthy requires a lifestyle change for most people.
    Stick with the process. It DOES work! But it does take time, effort, and most of all, patience!

No noticeable after effects from vaccine so far. However, I am not planning to change my personal precautions much any time soon. The vaccines are not cures. They are merely one more way of improving ones chances of survival to add to our arsenal of the sensible precautions of wearing masks and social distancing.

Terri 🦄
  • TerriRichardson112

@Snowflake1968 - Tracey, it's so difficult when you are in pain. You are doing great, under the current circumstances. And you will get there. When I had my hip problem it impacted my mobility so much, which in turn meant that my weight went up to 227. I had to lose the weight to get a hip replacement operation, so I started walking, I started small and built it up every day. It was difficult, but I didn't have the responsibilities that you have with work etc, and this d****d pandemic to deal with. So, please don't put yourself down.

@sviers13 - (((hugs))) So many things can affect our weight, and it is normal for it to fluctuate even when we are not making changes. It's only a problem if there is a consistent upward trend over time. It's useful to have other ways of gauging progress. I monitor body measurements, clothes fit, etc, as well as weight.

@brittgreenlikethecolor88 - It's the nature of daily goals to be repetitive. That's how we developed positive habits. Start with one goal. Do it until it's a habit. (Usually after 2 or 3 weeks) Add another goal. Repeat. Eventually you have lots of positive habits. Sometimes we fall of the wagon, so we get back on and move on.

Using the 5 second rule 😂 Will be back later.

Terri 🦄
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,264 Member
    JFT Thursday

- Work from home :smiley:
    - shower :smiley:
    - work meetings :smiley:
    - Get my hair done :smiley:
    - pick up kid from school :smile:
    - Crew booster meeting :smiley:
    - Maybe date night :smiley:
    - Maybe walk :(

Whatever your day holds, make the most of it. Love y'all!

Ended up being at the boat house until quite late in the evening, so I got no walk, but I did get a date night. I looked at the menu before I went and chose a dish that wouldn't knock me way off. I did have a snack cake during the day, which is what put me over, but I was only over by 42 calories so I call that a win with a snack, dinner out and a beer. Who knew you could drink just one beer, one bottle at that not even a "Big Beer" that was on tap. Anyway, I was happy with my effort. Didn't weigh this morning and probably will not for another week or so. No need to let TOM water retention ruin my mojo. Since April 1, I'm down almost 7 pounds. Yay me!

Today should be fairly busy at work, which is good. Doing some more training of a new employee, as the previous person who held the position is out for Covid related issues. He has worked in the lab before, but not in this capacity, he seems to be picking things up pretty easily. On a stupid note, I left my phone at home and now I can't log into my files at work because I need the security codes that get texted. Luckily hubby is going to bring it in a little later when he comes to work.

Kids don't have school today, but V is singing the National Anthem at the HS Baseball game this evening with her friend Tessa, so that is exciting. They sang for swim at all of the home meets. I must say they did a really nice job, especially for acapella in a swim suit... Other than that no real plans for this evening. Maybe I'll walk. I finally broke down and bought new shoes, Brooks Adrenaline, I didn't realize how old and broken down my old ones were until I put these on. I then proceeded to buy a second pair for every day wear. I also bought a new pair of Converse. Yep 3 pairs of shoes in 3 days, I'm spoiled.

JFT Friday
    - 7:00am meeting :smiley:
    - Research type work in Chem lab
    - training Mark
    - Log food
    - take V to ball game
    - Maybe walk
    - Stay in calorie allotment
    - Bed by 11:30

Happy Friday all!
  • cschmitz110515
    @jeschepp Congrats on your credit card debt elimination! That must be a huge weight off you.

@mytime6630 Congratulations on your 44th anniversary!

@clicketykeys Wish there was something I could say or do for you. (((hugs)))

Recap 4/15 R
    1) Move hourly :smiley: 11/14 & 13.9K
    2) Walk dog in afternoon :mrgreen: 3.84 mi happy dog & happy me
    3) Get fish out of freezer for supper / net cals zero / 12c water :neutral: Ok all day but M&Ms in evening -142 & 12c
    4) Optometrist 12:00 ~ order new glasses for reading, not the drugstore cheaters (post-surgery has been great!) :)
    5) GA-IT work on F&D pages / keep up w/ emails / PRO s/s updates = 3/3
    6) Wash dishes / wash towels / declutter 15 min. / financial tasks? / one other chore? = 2/5
    7) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / 6:45 alarm (walk dog in morning?) :( 2/5

JFT 4/16 F
    1) Move hourly
    2) Walk dog in afternoon
    3) What's for supper? / net cals zero / 12c water / NO evening snacking
    4) GA-IT F&D reorg / 12:00 Facebook Live / PRO s/s comments / update Project Status s/s / submit PAR, PRO & KRONOS s/s / clear some email backlog
    5) Financial tasks / declutter 15 min. / one other chore?
    6) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / Voltaren / no alarm Sat. (yay although earlier daylight means I wake on my own anyway)

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21 ~ 4.3.21
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and completed 97.44 miles total / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 ~ completed distance on 3.21.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • sviers13
    sviers13 Posts: 109 Member
    @TerriRichardson112 Thank you for the encouragement. I feel much better today and I am committed to paying closer attention to how certain foods make me feel physically. So much of what causes IBS can be made better with dietary changes. I’d rather that than to take additional medication.

JFT

Log everything
    Exercise even if only for ten minutes
    Start with one serving
    Pay attention to the physical effects of the food I eat
    Be kind to my body
  • TerriRichardson112
    edited April 2021
    I said I would be back! 😂 We had a lovely walk after lunch with our youngest and her dogs. We've had a beautiful day although there was a frost last night. However, my magnolia is in full flower, and the bulb planters are full of colour.
    smmtkr75f0i6.jpg

@mytime6630 - 🥂🍾 Happy 44th Anniversary 🍾🥂 It's so annoying when you spend time writing a post and lose it. I've started saving mine after every couple of paragraphs because it happened so often. Even as adults we worry about our children. Having her so close is both a boon and a burden.

@littleblackskirt - 😖 The brass neck of your brother!!! You are a saint. I would have messaged him back shortish IN CAPITALS! What does he want? Sympathy? He should man up!!!

@jeschepp - Congrats on paying off the student loan debt. I really feel young people today. In the good old days when I went to uni we were still getting grants to go and had no fees to pay.

@clicketykeys - (((hugs))) I'm not surprised you feel tired. Your schedule is always so full.

@cschmitz110515 - Brava for weighing out the snacks!

@Snowflake1968 - (((hugs))) hope the eyes ease. I had to get myself a special spray for mine at the weekend. I had too many late nights on the iPad. 😵😬

@pridesabtch - 😍 Small beer AND new trainers. A woman after my own heart. Hope it goes well for V.

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,181 Member
    edited April 2021
    weekly weigh-in 2021 -- every friday

Name: Joan
    5'11"
    69 yrs old

SW: 195
    1st goal: 185
    2nd goal: 180
    Ultimate goal: 170-175

Word for the year 2021: Consistency

My weight history:
    SW Year 2017: 217
    SW Year 2018: 195.5
    SW Year 2019 : 206 -- met my goal weight of 178 on December, 2019
    SW Year 2020: 182.6 -- gained 15 pounds through the pandemic :s
    SW Year 2021:195

Goals for 2021:
    These are the healthy habits I would like to do in 2021:
    1. Lose 25 pounds to get to my ultimate goal of 170, and then learn how to maintain it.
    2. To be better with planning my meals each week
    3. to get up in the morning, and have a rough idea of what I plan to eat the rest of the day.
    4. To stop mindless eating. To learn how to eat to live, not live to eat.
    5. To make drinking water a regular habit.. and drink 8+ glasses of water a day
    6. To curb and stop nitetime snacking for good.

Weekly weigh-in. I plan on weighing every friday
    SW Friday, Jan 1st: 195.6
    SW: Feb 5: 191.8
    SW: Mar 5: 193
    SW: April 2: 190.4

Friday, Jan 8: 194.4 -1.2
    Jan 15: 194.6. +.2 I was down to 193.4 2 days ago .. but this reflects 2 days of mindless eating.
    Jan 22: 191.4 -3.2 5 out of 7 days were good ...
    Jan 29: 194.2 -- this is what happens when I don't track, give into stress and emotional eating. But ... My word for the year is consistency... that means consistently also recording my weight .. and being accountable. So its a new week.. again.
    Feb 5: 191.8 -- trying to get back on track with controlled nite time eating
    Feb 12: 194.3 --- I don't know why, but I can do good for a week, only to blow it the next week. I think the pandemic, the cold dreary weather is leading me to just overeat.
    Feb 19: 194 --- a very small loss, due to 4 days of overeating granola bars and Kind bars.
    Feb 26: 193 -- 5 out of 7 days I did OK, especially with nite time snacking.
    Mar 5: 193 -- stayed the same, but had 2 days of eating icecream and peeps
    Mar 12: 192.6. Started challenge of the rest of the month NO nite time eating at all.
    Mar 19: 190.4 -- 5 out of 7 days NO nite time eating. Goal next week ... 6 our of 7 day no nite time eating, 8+ glasses water @ day.
    March 26: 188.6--- 6 out of 7 days I did good .. no nite time eating. Last nite... food was in control of me. I was so tired, and instead of lying down... I grazed the entire nite. So much that I had trouble sleeping. So while right now my weight is down, I expect it to go up. So next weeks goal is 7 out of 7 days.

April 2: 190.4 --- not the best week.. but I am still down 5.2 pounds for the first 3 months of this year. So I will look at the positives.
    April 9: 191.2 --- even though I had a OK week, I think eating ham for 3 days .. hoping its just water weight.
    April 16: 187.6 -- a week of more mindful eating, especially in the evenings, plus a lot more exercise with walking and garden work.