The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,158 Member
    donimfp wrote: »
    @RubyRed427, you are right. There are worse things in life than not drinking. One of them definitely is drinking!!!! It sucks. And it's really hard to get back to sobriety. I'm finding that out the very hard way but am determined.

@JenT304, thanks for asking about Jeopardy. I've made it through all the auditions. Their last thing is: "You've made it into the contestant pool. You may be called in the next 18 months to come to L.A. for a taping. If you don't hear in 18 months, feel free to start the process over." They mention that some of their biggest winners went through the whole process (mine started well before COVID) 3 or 4 times. Well, I venture to say they weren't 65. If I don't hear in the 18 months, I'll say, "That was fun, but not again." It's an honor to have made it through the process, but we'll see what happens. Apparently everyone on the show signs an NDA and then the taping precedes the airing by months. We have a woman here locally who taped the show in November. It still hasn't aired, and she still can't reveal what happened. I have to say that the Jeopardy folks were super duper nice throughout the whole process.

Anyway . . . Everybody's sounding good. My 6 months was such a joyful time. I'm just amazed at how hard I'm finding it to get back there. Anyone thinking, "I'll just have one" . . . don't. It isn't worth it. I gave in in a very stressful moment January 6, and I have yet to make it past 10 days. Frustrating. It's a journey.

Oh, and @Up_n_Running, your photograph is lovely! That's the face of a nondrinker.

Very interesting story about Jeopardy!! I am hoping they call you soon!

Thanks for the warning about drinking. Seriously, I think often "I'll just have one..." But this thread really helps me. So, thanks for your honesty. I'm sure you will be back on track- you did it then, you can do it again.
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,158 Member
    @donimfp thanks for sharing your experience as it really is a great reminder for all of us. Wolfie has been back whispering in my ear lately, so I will remember what you have posted!

I wish for you that you can get back to where you want to be on your soberiety journey. 💖

And thanks, I look SO much better when I don't drink. Seriously. Its like looking at 2 different people. Great motivation to stay dry.

You are so pretty!! Love the photo!
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    @rubyred427 just read my Fitbit weekly report and you were #2 on my friends list. You are so consistently active!!! Kudos to you!!!! I’m trying, but was #10 🤪

Thanks Beka! I try to stay active. I didn't know we can see each other's Fitbit profiles. I'll have to look! <3

You can’t see the profile, but the “Tuesday email” shows the most active of my friends then where I compare. Also, on the friends page it has the rolling # of steps for the week.
  • billyfallon1
    billyfallon1 Posts: 7 Member
    donimfp wrote: »
    @RubyRed427, you are right. There are worse things in life than not drinking. One of them definitely is drinking!!!! It sucks. And it's really hard to get back to sobriety. I'm finding that out the very hard way but am determined.

...about Jeopardy. I've made it through all the auditions. Their last thing is: "You've made it into the contestant pool. You may be called in the next 18 months to come to L.A. for a taping. If you don't hear in 18 months, feel free to start the process over."

I have been through a couple of game show auditions for lyrics/singing. I made it to the final round, but they wanted a dramatic story to tell; I didn't have one. I hope Jeopardy is different. Good luck!
  • donimfp
    donimfp Posts: 795 Member
    @billyfallon1, that's ok! I was trying to remember when I ever auditioned for lyrics/singing. Believe me, that would NOT have been a pretty picture. :s