Dad bod to not so dad bod!!

Replies

• Gymladmatt
    Gymladmatt Posts: 393 Member
    wiigelec wrote: »
    You’ve asked a few times and been answered a few times. Is there something wrong with or something you don’t like about the suggestions that have been provided previously?

No nothing wrong with the previous suggestions and I’ve been using the advice in my home training. I was just asking for new suggestions with gyms reopen in 2 weeks I’ll get access to more equipment
  • FreeFor40
    FreeFor40 Posts: 48 Member
    You’ve asked a few times and been answered a few times. Is there something wrong with or something you don’t like about the suggestions that have been provided previously?

No nothing wrong with the previous suggestions and I’ve been using the advice in my home training. I was just asking for new suggestions with gyms reopen in 2 weeks I’ll get access to more equipment

How many days a week do you drink? Have you thought about cutting out alcohol completely? Or reducing to less than once a week?
  • Gymladmatt
    Blakey1982 wrote: »

How many days a week do you drink? Have you thought about cutting out alcohol completely? Or reducing to less than once a week?

Too much i I’m honest something I’m going to start working reducing a lot
  • Gymladmatt
    Yesterday workout
    Deadlift x3
    Row x3
    Bench x3
  • Gymladmatt
    Today workout
    Push ups x3
    Lat raise x3
    Pull ups x3
    Curl x3
    Squat x3
  • Gymladmatt
    Today’s workout
    Shoulder press x3
    Chin up x3
    Squat x3
    Gyms back open from Monday can’t wait home workouts are just not the same. Looking forward to getting stronger
  • Gymladmatt
    First session back in a actual gym for nearly 4 months this morning! Felt great to be back 😃
  • davew0000
    davew0000 Posts: 125 Member
    I’ve been down a couple of times this week. Yes, great to be lifting some decent weights. I’m going to properly follow a program now. Let’s hope they stay open!
  • Gymladmatt
    davew0000 wrote: »
    I’ve been down a couple of times this week. Yes, great to be lifting some decent weights. I’m going to properly follow a program now. Let’s hope they stay open!

Better stay open can’t go back to home workouts lost all motivation doing them
  • Gymladmatt
    Today’s workout
    Squat x3
    Incline bench x3
    Row x3
    Tricep push down x3
  • Gymladmatt
    Starting new diet from Monday.
    Very slight calorie deficit and trying to eat more healthy foods been eating too much junk lately. Is it possible to build muscle in a deficit or maintenance calories?
  • wiigelec
    wiigelec Posts: 503 Member
    Possible? Yes.

Optimal? No.

Good training plan and protein intake will help.
  • davew0000
    davew0000 Posts: 125 Member
    My sense is that if you’re a relative beginner (I’d consider myself one) then you can. I’ve definitely gotten stronger while in deficit and muscle definition improved, although the latter could be lower body fat of course.
  • Gymladmatt
    Possible? Yes.

Optimal? No.

Good training plan and protein intake will help.

I’m hoping for a body recomp as got quite a bit of fat to lose but hoping to build some muscle
  • wiigelec
    edited April 2021
    Hope generally leads to meager results.

I would suggest formulating a solid diet and training plan with a feedback loop (ie body fat measurement). Track and make modifications as necessary.
  • wiigelec
    edited April 2021
    The book Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle by Tom Vanuto really helped me, maybe it can help you as well.
  • Gymladmatt
    The book Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle by Tom Vanuto really helped me, maybe it can help you as well.

Thanks will give that a look👍
  • SnifterPug
    SnifterPug Posts: 746 Member
    Starting new diet from Monday.
    Very slight calorie deficit and trying to eat more healthy foods been eating too much junk lately. Is it possible to build muscle in a deficit or maintenance calories?

Yes, but it's slow going and hard work. I've built some noticeable arm and back muscle over the last 6 months eating at a deficit which averages at about 200 per day. I'm pretty sure there is some ab development too, and my legs are a lot stronger, but any musculature increases are well hidden under my padding. I strength train 6 days a week to a strength-building plan set by my trainer.

I'm a female mid 50s so my experience will not exactly translate to anything you do!
  • Gymladmatt
    Today’s workout
    Squat x3
    Bench x3
    Shoulder press x3
    Row x3