Things people say when you lose weight

Replies

• Kaitie9399
    Kaitie9399 Posts: 1,271 Member
    It's always "don't discount all the hard work I've put in by saying I was born with a "high metabolism".

Love this!

• Kaitie9399
    Kaitie9399 Posts: 1,271 Member
    My MIL said that she and her sister had been talking and were wondering if I was planning to leave my husband / her son!

MIL's...... smh.

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,126 Member
    nitalieben wrote: »
    I hear most of the comments you guys have said, one in particular that confuses me.
    When they ask what I have done I explain "stopped eating junk food, exercise more, and log every meal on an app.:

Like its a bad thing.. iv had some pretty significant results since I started logging, It's not the only thing iv been doing and I don't count super accurate, more like just to keep track...

But I don't get why people think counting calories is a bad thing.

I've had people ask what I do.

I reply "I count and track my food"

And usually I'm met with a long, confused look, then a laugh, sometimes a "nah, it can't be that simple" or a "you almost had me there".

It's not QUITE that simple. I could count and track while eating too much and gain weight. In fact it happened from October through February! It's the third part that is NOT easy; keeping within a calorie budget. I guess that's assumed, but counting and tracking alone misses that one most important step. So that dialogue should be closer to:

"How do you do it?"

"I measure my food, track the calories, and strive to eat no more calories than I burn."

Or something like that.

The good thing is WE know that it works, and we can just keep doing it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!