Getting fit at 50 and beyond...200+ pound club

Replies

• annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,191 Member
    I am really pushing myself this week I need to lose this weight so increased steps and workouts!
  • dansemaillives
    dansemaillives Posts: 42 Member
    I didn't know you could have MFP friends? How do you add or request people? Would really help to have someone just encouraging and there to listen and be listened too.......

• annliz23
    Click on the round image and it takes you to a message page you click message and send a request to them.
    If you get a message from a friend it let's you either accept or decline.
  • dansemaillives
    annliz23 wrote: »
    Click on the round image and it takes you to a message page you click message and send a request to them.
    If you get a message from a friend it let's you either accept or decline.

Thank you 😁
  • dansemaillives
    NacaMDI wrote: »
    Hello 👋

I sneaked in even though my 50th birthday is coming on May 10 the
    My starting weight was 238lbs ( 40days ago)
    Today ( April 18), I am 226lbs
    And my goal is 135lbs ( eventually)

Hope to find like minded friends here and support each other !

Welcome I've sneaked in at 49 as well shhhh
  • jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,721 Member
    Hi all,
    I’m back to MFP to get to my goal weight of 160.
    My highest weight was 385 I think, give or take a pound or two either way. I think I got tired of weighing at that weight so, I’m not exact.
    I managed to get down to 168 with changing my diet, exercise, not eating my feelings, and, for some of the process MFP.
    I gained some back and maintained around 175-185 for quite awhile.
    For the most part of the process, losing almost 200 lbs, not quite hitting my goal, and then gaining a bit back I was very unhappy with myself, I still felt huge, was still self conscious, felt like a failure because I hadn’t hit my goal, etc...
    Fast forward to now, and in the last year I have gone from 185 to 228. Yup. Here we go again is how I feel right now. I could blame it on COVID and the crazy 2020, etc, but the bottom line is I made poor choices and allowed stress, my emotions/low self esteem and life situations to take priority over my health, my choices and doing my best for me.
    I started prioritizing my health 1 month ago at 228. As of today I weighed in at 211.8.
    I’d like to reach the (seemingly elusive) goal of 160. I know that won’t solve all of life’s problems, but it will remind me that I am strong and I can achieve my goals.
    I am 53, 5’8.
    Would love to have some MFP friends to give and receive support with, feel free to add me if interested.
    Good luck to each of you wherever you are in your process. You are all amazing.
    😍

You are also amazing! Weight loss can be such a rollercoaster. Persistence and positivity are your best friends. Welcome to the group!
  • annliz23
    Let's make this week count, go forbut you can do it!
  • azalea4175
    azalea4175 Posts: 290 Member
    Hi all,
    I’m back to MFP to get to my goal weight of 160.

I started prioritizing my health 1 month ago at 228. As of today I weighed in at 211.8.
    I’d like to reach the (seemingly elusive) goal of 160. I know that won’t solve all of life’s problems, but it will remind me that I am strong and I can achieve my goals.
    I am 53, 5’8.
    Would love to have some MFP friends to give and receive support with, feel free to add me if interested.
    Good luck to each of you wherever you are in your process. You are all amazing.
    😍

I am at 284 right now, down from 315. I"m 60 yrs old and am getting ready for weight loss surgery. I need a knee replaced so I have that challenge as well. I'd be happy to chat and give and receive support, I'll send you a friend request. the keys are consistency and forgiveness!!! :)
  • annliz23
    n8rctetsjwuf.jpg
    #finess quotes

• annliz23
    iof0dw6uwm38.jpg
    Have a great Wednesday
  • dansemaillives
    So I'm gutted and upset and confused all in one.

I've had my hardest week yet eating less and exercising massively more and I've lost 1lb

I know I should be happy at that loss but my body hurts so much and I feel like it's been a total waste of time
  • jm216
    aqua14lisa wrote: »
    Starting weight 236 January 3 2021, interim goal 200 by July 1, final goal 160, and 5'8" at age 65
    Restarted MFP and logging everything.
    Today, 2nd day at 214, slow and steady, only person who sees me is DH due to Covid lockdown, he says he sees a difference. Me, not at all.
    Was terribly disappointed when we re-took my measurements as they haven't changed from last year, I'm an avid knitter so it really matters with sweaters. My belt on the other hand has moved 2 notches.

Finding I am planning meals rather than reacting to what I've eaten.
    Walking 60 minutes 5 times a week, podcasts are terrific!
    Angry and disappointed with me that 5 years ago, was this weight and let it get out of hand. January 3 was my new start as a man on Facebook really resonated with me, his weight loss is astonishing. New mind set altogether.

Sorry for the long post, it's my first. Appreciate what I've read here.

Welcome! We’re glad to have you here!❤️
  • jm216
    cpnknight wrote: »
    Chaps.
    My sincerest apologies.
    I have had a rough few months. I didn't so much as "fall off the wagon" as get off, untether the horses and burn the blooming thing!
    To cap things off nicely, I cannot risk sailing solo and will have to sell my beloved sail boat...

I have put on a lot of the weight I had lost but will not know the full extent of the damage until Sunday morning.
    The only good and positive thing that I have to report is that I have made another wagon and am back onboard.

We are so happy to have you back on the wagon! Unfortunately, part of the journey is getting thrown off the wagon and landing in a muddy bog. We’re glad that you’ve brushed yourself off and you’re ready to go. Welcome home! ❤️
  • jm216
    Starting weight: 214 pounds on 1/1/2021
    Height: 5’8”
    Goal weight: 184

Weekly Check-In:
    January 1: 214
    January 3: 211.6
    January 10: 209.7
    January 17: 207.6
    January 24: 208
    January 31: 208
    February 7: 207.2
    February 14: 207.9
    February 21: 210.8
    February 28: 212
    March 7: 207.9
    March 14: 208.1
    March 21: 207.2
    March 28: 207.0
    April 4 : 207.3
    April 11: 206.5
    April 18: 208.2
    April 25: 207.3

Loss of .9 pounds this week.
    Feeling good! I’ve got my fun exercising back on track... still working on staying at or under my calories.

Have a great weekend!!

Jill 🌸