Share your Numbers

Replies

• joone_9
    joone_9 Posts: 152 Member
    That’s quite the year @Dante_80! So inspiring and still losing at a great rate I see..talk about dedication! 👏👏👏👏
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,393 Member
    edited April 2021
    What is OL (22.8 BMI)?

Good progress: you're just a bit above where I joined MFP.

At that BMI I still thought I was helping myself lose weight by swapping egg McMuffins for fruit and fiber muffins with peanut butter and jam and that a foot-log meatball sub and baked chips was the ultimate diet food!😂
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    I am getting pretty tired of seeing the same weight on my scales day after day....yesterday I burned so many calories swimming that I really expected a loss this morning but I was up 1/2 pound....since Christmas I have played with the same few pounds.....I have had a few major binges but gotten right back on track within a couple of days....when I started MFP I barely walked 1500 steps a day and now a normal regular day I get over 4000 steps....I am averaging 1500 calories a day of food and burning from 500 to 1000 calories in exercise....mostly swimming.....according to MFP and FitBit this is pretty accurate....this is over 750 calories deficit every day....I should be losing weight!....this week I am going to really measure and weigh foods meticulously and drink more water....maybe try to get 4500 steps....if this doesn’t work, not sure what else to do....my body really likes the weight I am right now....my clothes fit good, I feel good, lots of energy and I think I look good!....I am not hungry, I am sleeping fine, I feel younger than I have in years....where do I go from here?
  • alisampm
    alisampm Posts: 182 Member
    my clothes fit good, I feel good, lots of energy and I think I look good!....I am not hungry, I am sleeping fine, I feel younger than I have in years....where do I go from here?

Seeing the same numbers for months in a row is definitely frustrating, but I see the above as a huge WIN Connie. You are doing this. You are sleeping good, feeling younger, energy high.... the scale will catch up, you are doing everything you know works, sometimes it just takes longer than we want it to.

• PAV8888
    edited April 2021
    Hi Connie! I see you've logged every single day but I don't see any wildly high days to correspond with the binge incidents you mention so I have no idea how often they're occurring or how many calories we may be talking about.

You have been fairly consistent with your calories in. I am not on my computer, so I don't have access to the excel macros I have for MFP, but it looks like you logged average intakes of 1516 in January, 1556 in February, 1630 in March (I notice a slight creep up probably corresponding to increased activity as the weather warms up too) and 1473 for the 17 days so far in April which include two very low days presumably when you were not feeling well recently.

So the logged numbers are fairly consistent. And I do recall you recently celebrating 100lbs down, so you HAVE been going down, albeit perhaps a bit more slowly than you expect?

Your upswing after the exercise is probably just that... water weight because of the exercise... so it will disappear in a few days :)

Everything you say about how you feel and move sounds like a total win to me and it gladdens me to hear it!

So all I can suggest is: "keep on trucking"!!!!
  • conniewilkins56
    Thanks PAV8888..... I have had a few one or two day binges the past few months but nothing like I used to have when I would go off the rails for days at a time....I do feel good and that is a major win....I try to log the binge when I have one and I should try harder to log every morsel of a binge to see exactly what I did eat!....maybe looking at the amount would make me stop or I would get tired of logging so I would stop!...honestly it is disgusting how much I can eat on a really huge binge....and it is mindless eating where I keep shoveling it in and then I think, “ OMG what did I do “.... but the last 6 weeks or so I have really buckled down and only over ate one day after I was sick from food poisoning...cookies are my worst binge food....I will eat anything sweet but I love cookies!...

I have 6 month check up in mid June and I would like to drop a few pounds by then....at least I am maintaining which I have never done in my life...I am going to keep doing what I am doing now until the end of the month and if I haven’t lost any weight I will have to jump off a bridge!...No, I will re evaluate what I am doing and change things up I guess....maybe less carbs or more steps or cut my hair!...I am running out of ideas!

Thanks for all of your advice and support as always...and thanks for posting here more!...Novus is still MIA
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,545 Member
    @conniewilkins56 - I was thinking along the same lines as PAV8888. The day (s) after I've significantly upped my exercise (walking - lol its my only exercise) I always end up upping my weight a few pounds. I think it is to do with retaining water while the muscles replenish/heal/rebuild themselves. I hope that is what you are experiencing - and - you've been doing much more exercise too! Maybe you are just building some new muscle? Losing fat - building muscle will not lower the scale but will make you trimmer!
  • PAV8888
    Connie: I think it is an excellent idea to log it or even to go back and log it after.

Will it stop you? I doubt it. But it will provide useful data and it might slow you down and on a rare occasion help you stop sooner.
  • joone_9
    @conniewilkins56 As a fellow binger...I’ve noticed that even one binge throughout a month or 6 weeks can destroy my weight loss for that entire time so they really can make a difference (and my binges haven’t been completely horrible lately either). Dealing with those triggers of what brings on the binge would probably be helpful (but hard) as binging even once is not good for our health (mental and physical). I still am comforted and enjoy some binge eating to make me feel better (for that evening only..as shame always follows ) and I need to work on that as I know the key to long term weight loss and working through plateaus is to find a way to not binge at all. You have been doing so so well and I can tell you have made lasting habit changes that will bring you all the way to your goal..you have it in you to control those urges. Feel free next time you are feeling a binge come on...message me and I’ll help try to get you through it..and I’ll do the same. From what I’ve read I feel you get the pains of being a binge eater. Hang in there....buckle down a bit more and the lbs will come off again.
  • Dante_80
    Dante_80 Posts: 474 Member
    edited April 2021
    Little progress this week. I've been ill since Saturday though, so I'll take it.
    Damn you, prostatitis, and your take-out ordering skills!!

Height: 167cm - 5'6''
    SW: 177.8 kg - 392 lb - 63,8 ΒΜΙ (May 2020)
    GW: 69 kg - 153 lb - 24,9 ΒΜΙ

LW: 114.2 kg - 251.8 lb - 40,9 ΒΜΙ
    CW: 114.0 kg - 251.3 lb - 40,9 ΒΜΙ
    Variance: -0.2 kg / -0.4 lb / -0.18% TBW

OL: 63.8 kg - 140.7 lb - 22.9 BMI

Weight remaining for:
    Obese class II: 2.7 kg - 6.0 lb
    Obese class I: 16.7 kg - 36.7 lb
    Overweight: 30.6 kg - 67.5 lb
    Normal: 44.6 kg - 98.5 lb
  • lauriekallis
    Dante_80 wrote: »
    Little progress this week. I've been ill since Saturday though, so I'll take it.
    Damn you, prostatitis, and your take-out ordering skills!!

You have lost while being ill and ordering take-out! Major accomplishment in my books. I'm thinking that your prostatitis doesn't truly have great take-out ordering skills. My non-existent prostrate beats yours bottoms down!

• joone_9
    So happy for you @conniewilkins56 !!!! On your way to success...keep it up! It’s great seeing you all succeed, small losses..big losses...it all adds up!
  • resina
    resina Posts: 17 Member
    Hi all, I'm coming back to the fold and my success for the week is that I've consistently logged for the last 7 days that has resulted in a loss of 2.6 kgs (5.7 lbs). Yes, it's probably water loss but I'm counting it in. Over the years I've lost up to 40 kgs (88 lbs) and then have recycled the same kgs and added more. Not yet back at my original weight and don't want to go there. I know what I have to do but I need to put it into practice and be more consistent.

I'm an Aussie and I look forward chatting to you all.

Congratulations on your successes - you all are an inspiration to me. Have a great day. :)
  • conniewilkins56
    You are a Warrior and whatever this current battle is, you will conquer it!....welcome back to Larger Losers!....it has been way too long!
  • Dante_80
    Little progress this week. Still ill though, so I wasn't expecting much.

Height: 167cm - 5'6''
    SW: 177.8 kg - 392 lb - 63,8 ΒΜΙ (May 2020)
    GW: 69 kg - 153 lb - 24,9 ΒΜΙ

LW: 114.0 kg - 251.3 lb - 40,9 ΒΜΙ
    CW: 113.7 kg - 250.7 lb - 40,8 ΒΜΙ
    Variance: -0.3 kg / -0.7 lb / -0.26% TBW

OL: 64.1 kg - 141.3 lb - 23.0 BMI

Weight remaining for:
    Obese class II: 2.4 kg - 5.3 lb
    Obese class I: 16.4 kg - 36.1 lb
    Overweight: 30.3 kg - 66.8 lb
    Normal: 44.3 kg - 97.6 lb

Next week should be better!
  • lauriekallis
    Dante_80 wrote: »
    Little progress this week. Still ill though, so I wasn't expecting much...Next week should be better!

Wow @Dante_80 - you just keep going and persevering. Truly inspirational. I know it isn't - but you make it look easy!
  • Dante_80
    It's more a matter of extreme pig-headedness really, not much of a hero here.

This is the fourth time I get this specific problem (It seems that it loves to come around and visit every two years or so). This time around it was a little worse, since it took close to 10 days for the fever to completely go away.

The effect is two-fold. Aversion to cold food (I'm following a Mediterranean diet of my own design, and a big chunk of my daily nutrition consists of uncooked produce), and inability to exercise (walking is what I do for the last several months). Combined with the other infection symptoms, it really makes for a lousy motivator - at best - when you have to cook your own food and keep a calorie deficit.

So...take out and no exercise was the result in the end. I was too angry and stubborn to let that thing sidetrack me though, so I just had to keep attention on my food intake and...suck it up like a grumpy lawnmower. Fortunately, the worst part is over now, so next week should be a lot better. C: