What's a food you're currently obsessed with?

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    qckvpidxvx24.jpg

q3pskljseah0.jpg

uc5gcmnivgv3.jpg

I am surprised you like these so much. I got samples of bhu a long time ago and thought they were terrible. Maybe they have improved the recipe and I have to try them again lol.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,413 Member
    edited April 2021
    I’m still cheesed off that Lidl upped their chicken sausage calories from 80 to 120 apiece. I was eating two or three a day and loving it.

Tell me more about water kefir. Where are you using it? How’s the taste? My pudding, cupcakes and pancakes (even with my lo-cal
    Alterations) were fab with kefir and I miss it, but I couldn’t keep up with production. 😬
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited April 2021
    This is REALLY good! I’ve never had super dark cocoa powder before. It has such a rich dark chocolate flavor that is different from regular cocoa powder. I’ve been loving it mixed with plain powdered pb, in coffee, Protein ice cream, and making my own chocolate syrup. re3ys07o6x30.jpeg
    It tastes like Oreos. Oreos use this type of darker cocoa powder.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited April 2021
    I’m still cheesed off that Lidl upped their chicken sausage calories from 80 to 120 apiece. I was eating two or three a day and loving it.

Tell me more about water kefir. Where are you using it? How’s the taste? My pudding, cupcakes and pancakes (even with my lo-cal
    Alterations) were fab with kefir and I miss it, but I couldn’t keep up with production. 😬

Water kefir sounds gross when I googled it lol. It sounds like kombucha like it would taste like vinegary fruit water. Is it really good!?
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    ^I've wanted to try this a while ago. Thanks for reminding me of this 'stuff'😉...It sure sounds like something I'd absolutely adore.
  • ONUnicorn
    ONUnicorn Posts: 41 Member
    I LOVE chocolate, especially dark, high quality chocolate, although I will stuff my face with sn entire bag of M&Ms from time to time. But most chocolate has too many calories, too much sugar, and too much fat for someone trying to lose weight. Plus the chocolate industry has a huge slavery problem.

Recently however, I discovered Crio Bru. It's roasted, ground cacao beans, and you brew it like coffee. It's fair trade or direct trade in countries where fair trade certification isn't possible. It's SOOO GOOD! It satisfies the chocolate craving. No sugar. Only about 30 calories. My husband and I have been having it for dessert most nights, along with a couple small cookies. Some people sub out morning coffee with it as it's lower in caffeine.
    https://criobru.com/
  • eshults89
    eshults89 Posts: 45 Member
    Cottage cheese! I don't know why, but it fills me up!
  • PAPYRUS3
    ^A very very good point regarding ensuring the chocolate/cocoa one purchases (coffee too) are ethically sourced!
  • joyanna2016
    joyanna2016 Posts: 323 Member
    Imitation crab meat salad...I crave it!
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,708 Member
    Cookie dough cookie dough cookie dough cookie dough....!!!! Anything cookie dough! qtzfmvnbmo48.jpg
    kywzdd0k6sl5.jpg
    pojjq3974a2h.jpg
    lcvpth7la6jp.jpg
    3a3ychlpar7h.jpg
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    This banana stevia added to everything. And steamed broccoli/cauliflower with pink Himalayan salt flakes and freshly ground pepper. 4rvwjly5el0q.jpeg
    bz93ufo2e0pr.jpeg

that banana stevia would be good in yogurt
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    o0Firekeeper0o Posts: 416 Member
    Breakfast burritos! Which is really weird because I usually don’t like scrambled eggs and have eaten maybe one breakfast burrito in like 10 years before this :p
  • alexmose2
    alexmose2 Posts: 208 Member
    bean sprouts, alfalfa sprouts, etc. everything is fancier with sprouts
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    alexmose2 wrote: »
    bean sprouts, alfalfa sprouts, etc. everything is fancier with sprouts

this reminds me of the jimmy john's order I used to get before they stopped carrying sprouts...a4libvh7ii2k.png
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,708 Member
    Been craving these lately... topped with pb and preserves!

ync092x4ly0e.jpg
    3c211ugv7pbd.jpg
  • MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,039 Member
    edited April 2021
    ONUnicorn wrote: »
    Recently I discovered Crio Bru. It's roasted, ground cacao beans, and you brew it like coffee. It's fair trade or direct trade in countries where fair trade certification isn't possible. It's SOOO GOOD! It satisfies the chocolate craving. No sugar. Only about 30 calories. My husband and I have been having it for dessert most nights, along with a couple small cookies. Some people sub out morning coffee with it as it's lower in caffeine.
    https://criobru.com/

I will definitely look for that. Sometimes I throw a scoop or two of cocoa nibs in with my whole bean coffee for a chocolatey spin on my daily coffee.

P.S. Why would anyone feel the need to disagree with you about this? 🙄
  • PAPYRUS3
    @VegjoyP....those cookies...oh those cookies👌😋😋