JUST FOR TODAY -- Daily Commitment Thread for 2021

Replies

• ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Sunday 18 April

I’m really struggling with my morning routine and forget to get on here and post. I will try to do better!

Log 😊
    Stay in the green 😊
    5 fruit and veg 😊
    Fitbit exercise goals 😊
    Weigh 😊 trend ⬇️

Gone mid day but at least I’ve checked in to update on my goals!
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Monday 19:Apr

Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals
    Weigh 😊 trend ⬇️
  • sviers13
    sviers13 Posts: 109 Member
    JFT

Log everything
    Exercise even if only for ten minutes
    Pay attention to the physical effects of the food I eat
    Don’t beat myself up for going overboard yesterday
    Be kind to my body
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 950 Member
    Another Monday. Another busy week ahead.

Sunday 4/18
    1. Finish cleaning up the kitchen :)
    2. Work in the garden - :)
    3. Walk - :( - took a nap instead
    4. Keep an eye on portions - :)

JFT Monday 4/19
    • Contact HS mentor about students who need to repeat the course
    • Set up student conferences to discuss withdrawal option
    • Revise analysis paper prompt
    • Bills and online orders
    • Walk
    • Laundry
    • Keep an eye on portions

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,181 Member
    edited April 2021
    I had such a busy weekend. . actually the entire week was crazy busy. Friday was our 44th anniversary ... we went to Longhorn for dinner! First time in a real restuaruant in a year! Then hubby and I ran some errands .. went to Menards and they had boxwood bushes and arbotoviare trees on sale. We ended up buying 9 trees, and 9 boxwoods! Since I am the gardener .. I spent a good portion of saturday and sunday planting them. But to me .. it was so much fun, and love how it looks. We also got 2 golden dogwoods shrubs.
    So needless to say, I was so tired by sunday, but a wonderful weekend.
    Todays high is 70 ... tomorrow they are predicting snow and below freezing temps! Which means I will need to cover roses, hydrangeas, most everything. I am just glad I did not plant my little seedlings. .. still warm under the grow lites.
    My goals for today are simple again. I find if I concentrate on the habit I really need to change, and keep it simple, it is easier.
    JFT, Monday, 4/10
    1. mindful eating in the evening ... NO nitetime snacking.
    2. concentrate on water
    3. other: go for a walk; do quarterly taxes; replant dogwoods .. want them in another location since read they will get 5' tall; water all plants; get out sheets to cover things tonite; laundry; work on pc boards; go to grocery store with daughter .. will pick her up. first time in a year riding in the car together

I'll catch up on all the posts I miss later tonite.!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited April 2021
    Back after a weekend of no goals & no logging. Struggling with food & evening habits lately. Remind myself I cannot exercise away unhealthy excess eating.

JFT 4/19 M
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks
    2) Net cals zero / 12c water
    3) GA-IT / keep up w/ emails / Facebook Live 12:00 / PRO s/s updates
    4) On way home: bank deposit / Sam's Club
    5) Register for Covid vax / call for bst / decide Schwan's order or cancel / download speakers slides for W
    6) Make chicken salad w/ rotisserie chicken / wash dishes / declutter 15 min. / one other chore?
    7) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work)

Happy with my finish of 146 out of 339 participants in the 30/45 challenge that ended last week. Virtual challenge was to complete 30 min. activity for total of 22.5 hours in 45 days. I did 34 hours.

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21 ~ 4.3.21
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and completed 97.44 miles total / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 ~ completed distance on 3.21.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21 = 146 out of 339 in 34:00:42 / Hope 2021 Face Mask virtual 5K (benefits No Kid Hungry) anytime
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,264 Member
    emzoe13 wrote: »
    I know this thread had been going for a while but I hope its not too late to join!

This is a very free flowing group. Welcome! Hope this helps! It certainly helps me.
    ~ Nikki

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,048 Member
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Gonna try hard today!
    I've become very un-bothered about my goals. But I'm bothered about how I look. And I'm hoping just trying to do some goals anyway will get me bothered again.

- min 5 waters ❌
    - Be in the GREEN and log✔️
    - 1 nighttime snack.✔️
    - Exercise❌

If any one has any tips on making weight loss a priority again, I'm all ears!

2 outta 4 ain't bad! Gives me room for improvement tonorrow 🙂🙂🙂
  • WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
    Up 6.8# in one week. Not surprising with an extra 8,806 calories. Stuck to my 8 to 6 hours for eating and came close to my hours for working out but beyond that, meh..

For Sunday

-1999 calories 2649 for the day. Averaged 3258 for the week
    -Work out for 85 minutes 93 minutes for the da, 6:28 for the week including 4000#, 525 crunches, 105 push ups, 210 lunges and 11.24 miles or exercise walks

No commitments for Monday

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Tuesday
    1. 1 set of lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Post class plan right away on screen AND on site. AM run.
    2. Pit Crew: go outside?
    3. Classes: 5x5 #4
    4. Planning: Stretch. Grade WM projects and DSH phase 2. Check in and make plans for make-up work.
    5. Lunch: Leftovers. Draft notes for issues script.
    6. Afternoon: Graaaaade! 1 hour Clois. Walk at park?
    7. Evening: S&F 4. Dinner: Not Muffaletta. Breathe. Set 2 of lifts. Choose laptop?
    8. Drink more water. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Do the therapy exercises and lifts. Stretch. Chop celery and pack lunch. Set out clothes for tomorrow. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    9. Shower. Review papers by desk. File or trash.
    10. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Wed book group. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? Choose orgs for donations.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of January: 189.8
    End of February: 190.0
    Today: 190.2

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – March? ObG schedule for April. Schedule PCP for May.
    7. Theater: Little Princess.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story. Open Wordpress in Safari.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 15 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks, horse stance for 5 breaths.
    14. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. How is this year not over yet?
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • sviers13
    sviers13 Posts: 109 Member
    sviers13 wrote: »
    JFT

Log everything 💚
    Exercise even if only for ten minutes 💚
    Pay attention to the physical effects of the food I eat 💚
    Don’t beat myself up for going overboard yesterday 💚
    Be kind to my body 💚

I made it to the gym and I successfully interrupted a a possible binge. I counted out the Cheetos one serving at a time rather than taking the whole bag to the couch!
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Running short on time this morning (as dragged myself out of bed for a run this morning!) so will just post very quickly.

Yesterday's goals:

Log everything I eat :)
    Be in the green with a deficit :)A very small deficit but still a deficit!
    Drink 4 bottles water :)
    Take a walk at lunch :)
    Write house-buying check-list :)

Today's goals:

Log everything I eat
    Be in the green
    Drink 4 bottles water
    Prepare for this week's house viewings
    Spend some quality time with boyfriend
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 919 Member

JFT Monday 19th April

Log everything yes
    Stay in the green no 15 cals over :)
    Back exercises yes
    Walk (have plantar faciitis just now, walking is painful) walked in the evening to try and get in the green, should have walked another street lol
    Admin just the really urgent stuff
    Order meds yes
    Decide and order what I need for holiday let reopening yes
    Make shower curtain. I can't tell you how much I really really don't want to do this! It's to fit under a sloping ceiling and I think the sewing is beyond my skill set, but I have a deadline so needs must. It's my "eat that frog" job. I cut out the pieces but nothing else. I procrastinated greatly

JFT Tuesday 20th April

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Back exercises
    Walk
    Admin
    Shower curtain...
    Gardening

Word for 2021 Strength

Lose 21lbs in 2021