What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• sweetdaisy13
    sweetdaisy13 Posts: 357 Member
    4.3 mile walk this afternoon. Had my first Covid Vaccine yesterday morning and have a dead arm which hurts and a headache I can't shift.

Hopefully tomorrow the side effects will lessen so that I can go for a run.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited April 2021
    Djproulx wrote: »
    Was somewhat de-railed last week end, due to my own stupidity. Had Covid shot #2 last friday and I didn't give myself enough rest. Two hour bike/transition run on Sat was fine, but I had to quit 40 minutes into a 90 min run on Sunday. Could barely walk back to my truck. Dehydration, muscle aches, etc. MD gave me a scolding. She said it was the perfect storm of Covid side effects, not enough rest and dehyration.
    This weekend I'm back in the game: Friday was a long swim, yesterday was a 2hr trainer ride/ 20 min run brick workout. Today's session was a one hour "Familiar Loop" run, which my coach has me run every eight weeks or so to gauge fitness improvements.

Next week is another test week. Swim speed test, FTP bike test, etc. 8 weeks til race day.

I had a really bad reaction after my first one. Exercise induced asthma after a 1K timed test, four days after the shot. I had a minor fever and a headache and yet decided it was a good idea to do one of the hardest sprint rows there is. My HR didn't come down and I coughed for nearly an hour, the first 20 minutes so hard that my HRM was still showing a hard workout. Scary stuff for me. Had I not had asthma as a kid (and as an adult being allergic to fresh cut grass), I would have been even more freaked out.

Had my 2nd shot on Friday (after my last hard workout). Took it super easy today. 30 minute really easy row and then 30 more on the Assault Bike. The Assault Bike stuff was more like warmup mode. The row was around 70% of max.

So far, I just seem more exhausted with this second shot, but not the headache and fever. Just feel like I could sleep for days.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    45 mins elliptical and a back workout (rows, chin-up / pull-up)
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Djproulx wrote: »
    Was somewhat de-railed last week end, due to my own stupidity. Had Covid shot #2 last friday and I didn't give myself enough rest. Two hour bike/transition run on Sat was fine, but I had to quit 40 minutes into a 90 min run on Sunday. Could barely walk back to my truck. Dehydration, muscle aches, etc. MD gave me a scolding. She said it was the perfect storm of Covid side effects, not enough rest and dehyration.
    This weekend I'm back in the game: Friday was a long swim, yesterday was a 2hr trainer ride/ 20 min run brick workout. Today's session was a one hour "Familiar Loop" run, which my coach has me run every eight weeks or so to gauge fitness improvements.

Next week is another test week. Swim speed test, FTP bike test, etc. 8 weeks til race day.

I had a really bad reaction after my first one. Exercise induced asthma after a 1K timed test, four days after the shot. I had a minor fever and a headache and yet decided it was a good idea to do one of the hardest sprint rows there is. My HR didn't come down and I coughed for nearly an hour, the first 20 minutes so hard that my HRM was still showing a hard workout. Scary stuff for me. Had I not had asthma as a kid (and as an adult being allergic to fresh cut grass), I would have been even more freaked out.

Had my 2nd shot on Friday (after my last hard workout). Took it super easy today. 30 minute really easy row and then 30 more on the Assault Bike. The Assault Bike stuff was more like warmup mode. The row was around 70% of max.

So far, I just seem more exhausted with this second shot, but not the headache and fever. Just feel like I could sleep for days.

That sprint row sounds awful, Mike. I'm afraid we may share some of the same decision making processes. :)

This is why my coach says his most important job is "To protect me from myself", lol.
  • lgfrie
    lgfrie Posts: 1,449 Member
    sex71bzz44lf.jpg
  • alexmose2
    alexmose2 Posts: 208 Member
    edited April 2021
    rest day aka walking day. 15k steps today! and a very fast sydney cummings core workout.
  • mca90guitar
    mca90guitar Posts: 290 Member
    P90x cardio x. Can't wait for the trails to dry out out so I can just go mountain biking instead.
  • MikePfirrman
    edited April 2021
    Nice pics Matt!

One hour of pretty easy cardio today. 30 on the rower and then 30 more on the LateralX. A tad easier on the LateralX than on the rower.
  • sweetdaisy13
    3.5 mile run this morning to drop off car at the garage for a service and 2.7 mile run this afternoon to go and pick up my car. Still got an achy arm from my Covid vaccine on Saturday and feeling tired, but at least my headache has gone.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,193 MFP Moderator
    Recovering from foot surgery... But today I (finally) managed a 1.25 mile walk in 20 minutes. :) Running is happening soon, dangit!
  • Severen725
    Severen725 Posts: 84 Member
    Jari Love - Get Ripped and Chiseled
  • alexmose2
    upper body and got my 10 k steps in!! wondering if i am hitting enough volume so we shall see how sore i get tomorrow
  • Beverly2Hansen
    Beverly2Hansen Posts: 378 Member
    16,301 steps so far. I carried some groceries for part of it and all of it was speed walking.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Fitness testing week. Today was my first full FTP test on the bike this season. Goal is to assess Functional Threshold Power and Lactic Threshold HR, so we can set my training zones for the next block of training.

60 minute workout, starting with various warmup outputs, then some 1 minute Hard/Easy intervals followed by another 10 minutes of warmup before the test. Test was a 20 minute effort going as hard as possible while trying not to fade. FTP tests are very uncomfortable. Glad it is over.

First of two swim tests scheduled this week will be done tomorrow.
  • Severen725
    Severen725 Posts: 84 Member
    60 minutes power walking and 15 minutes of yoga
  • sweetdaisy13
    8.5 mile run along the beach.
  • MikePfirrman
    1/2 hour of supersetting (lots of pullups, pushups, barbell work, slam ball work and jump box, along with deadlifts and squats), then 250m X 6 sprints on the rower. An hour of decently hard work.

Rooftop yoga tonight. Had to switch from Thursday to Tuesday evening as the wife and I have joined a golf league which starts Thursday night of this week.
  • alexmose2
    Legs today. Upper body is not sore, so time to add sets.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Chest day, mostly standard bench press, and some pushups. 10k steps and about to head out for a brisk walk with my wife.