WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2021

Replies

• sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 929 Member
    Phone connecting - If you have an iPhone and a Windows computer, it's more challenging to do backups. The best option is to store photos to the cloud and access them on any computer or device using a browser. While I don't like storing data in the cloud, storing photos is a great way to keep backups of them and access them from wherever you are. The issue is that if you don't backup the data on your phones to a computer or to the cloud and something happens to your phone, you lose all of your data and start from square 1 with setting it up. Some are OK with that. I am not, so I backup, especially before I go on a trip where I have a higher chance of never seeing my phone again.

Tina in CA
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,896 Member
    Happy birthday Terri- Hope your having a wonderful day
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,773 Member
    Allie--So glad it went well and you are on the road to recovery with no more problems. Just do not overdo and remember to take it slow and let your body heal.

KJ--You amaze me with all you do with your daycare children. They are so lucky to learn so much and I bet they are a head when they start school. You are such a Blessing.

Barbara--The hospital is 100 miles from us also. They do have this program where the mom and grandma can sign into a camera and check on and watch baby anytime they want. It seems to be on the box thing he is in. Praying he will go home in a couple weeks. So far he is doing well and growing.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND NE WHERE IT IS SNOWING AGAIN TODAY. <3
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,024 Member
    edited April 2021
    Heather and Barbara love the tulips. I just let nature take its course with composting. I do get my poets outside when it gets warmer.

Pip I had to put a jacket on Drew to keep her warmer today. Only high of 40.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    DH found a USB stick that you can plug into your phone. Never heard of that. :D It has good reviews, so he ordered it from Amazon. Hooray!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

My daughter uses those all the time. I need to buy one for myself.

Tracey

What does the USB stick do? Or what's it for?

It’s a USB that fits into an iPhone or iPad charging port. You can transfer your photos and files to it for storage or moving just like any other USB stick. It’s quite convenient according to my daughter.

do you know if they have one for Android phones?
    It used to be so easy to transfer pictures from my phone to my computer-one cable connecting the two and done. With my new phone it doesn't recognize the phone and won't let me download the way I used to.
    I don't use my phone for much but that is one of the main things I want to be able to do(took me a very long time to figure out how to download my own pictures and not have to ask for help

Debbie

Are you waking your phone up when you connect it? I have to log in and be able to see all of the icons before a computer will recognise my phone.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    Well, my friends, I have absolutely no idea how DH gets himself into so many technical pickles.
    Of course, the new gadget didn't fit his phone. :sad:
    It did fit mine, but it was extremely complicated and was messing up my files, so I abandoned it.
    He is going to return it.
    We spent ages trying to find other methods. The direct phone to laptop connection doesn't work.
    He cannot download the photo from email to his pictures file.

I was tearing my hair out.
    Using OneDrive was a washout for him. Grrrrrr!
    Eventually I hit on the idea of getting my old memory stick and emailing the photo to myself from my phone. I downloaded it by copying it onto the stick.
    Then I gave the stick to him. He couldn't find the photo. Handing the laptop to me I found it and downloaded it. It’s ended up on Windows Picture Viewer, but he can now find it and work on it for his book cover. Phew!
    I don't think he was sufficiently, grovellingly, grateful, but I think he secretly was. :D
    Wow! I think I am technically challenged, but I am a genius by that reckoning!

I've ended up the evening quite agitated, but I kept my temper and I'm gradually calming down. I think I will sleep upstairs.

A very, very small problem in the context of world issues tonight, but we live in both the micro and the macro worlds.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

I wish I could reach through my computer and help. :)

The direct phone to laptop connection doesn't work. He cannot download the photo from email to his pictures file.

If the photo is in his email on the phone, then it is also in his email on his laptop and you don't need a connection. Just log into laptop, open email and there it is! Before using One Drive, I used to use my email accounts a lot for that because they can be accessed at work, uni, home, or wherever and on desktop, laptop or phone.

If you were going to use a direct connection from phone to laptop, then you'd have to save the photo onto the phone and then copy it over onto the laptop. You would not be able to obtain it out of email because email accounts are basically "cloud" ... until you save your emails to a file on your phone, laptop, computer. Which is what I've been doing with my uni stuff recently - saving my uni emails onto my external hard drive.

However, it sounds like you found a workable solution. :)

Machka in Oz
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,553 Member
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    Michele
    I really hate to see that you keep getting disappointed by your daughter. Maybe Vince is thinking that she really doesn't want you to come and that's his way of getting you out of going. You have made every effort to let her know you want to come and she just keeps putting you off. At some point in her life, she is going to regret the way she has treated you about this. I don't want to sound hurtful but that is just my opinion.

Prayers for all in America today that there will be no more riots and that people will be safe.

Carol in GA

I think this is wise advise, Michelle. I would be afraid of giving Denise an ultimatum. It is still really rotten, however. This is your first grandchild, correct?

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR.
  • OregonMother
    Well, my friends, I have absolutely no idea how DH gets himself into so many technical pickles.
    Of course, the new gadget didn't fit his phone. :sad:
    It did fit mine, but it was extremely complicated and was messing up my files, so I abandoned it.
    He is going to return it.
    We spent ages trying to find other methods. The direct phone to laptop connection doesn't work.
    He cannot download the photo from email to his pictures file.
    I was tearing my hair out.
    Using OneDrive was a washout for him. Grrrrrr!
    Eventually I hit on the idea of getting my old memory stick and emailing the photo to myself from my phone. I downloaded it by copying it onto the stick.
    Then I gave the stick to him. He couldn't find the photo. Handing the laptop to me I found it and downloaded it. It’s ended up on Windows Picture Viewer, but he can now find it and work on it for his book cover. Phew!
    I don't think he was sufficiently, grovellingly, grateful, but I think he secretly was. :D
    Wow! I think I am technically challenged, but I am a genius by that reckoning!

I've ended up the evening quite agitated, but I kept my temper and I'm gradually calming down. I think I will sleep upstairs.

A very, very small problem in the context of world issues tonight, but we live in both the micro and the macro worlds.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

I love your ingenuity!! The workarounds we have to do.

I can download pictures directly from my phone to my desk top, but it is a pain. It is much easier to send it to my mom through messenger (she will want to see it anyway), and then go to my desktop and download the picture, save it, and then do with it what I want. I'm not that old, but I just feel like I don't need to learn any more technology. I feel finished with it.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • OregonMother
    It is crazy hot here today. I have the air on in my office, but it really isn't cutting it. I do love the heat, though -- outside. Not so much in my office!

Campus cases are spiking again. :disappointed: The last day of class is Friday. We are just hoping we can hang on in person through this week, then we could send students home to take final exams remotely. Apparently, positive students are not staying where they should, so they are spreading it near and far. I'm frustrated with them, but I am also reminding myself that they are 18-21 and have serious Covid fatigue, and some of them have senioritis on top of that.

Happy for the verdict this afternoon. I was thinking especially of you, Margaret, and wishing for more peace and comfort for you.

Take care.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 2,960 Member
    CI<CO for one day in a row. I wish MFP would help me count streaks of good days.

I did a better job on my dumbbell exercise today. I got all sweaty and tired out. My glutes are feeling well used.

Annie in Delaware
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,433 Member
    Yogi loving camping life with the parents zz4mb95hukvq.jpeg
    czjlsydn01zh.jpeg
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,310 Member
    Carol GA – My concern in not going to see Denise and PJ is that he won’t know us at all. As it is now, he really doesn’t know us since he never sees us (except if we go up there). Denise seems to be having a hard time making a decision. Not just this, but other things as well. That's why I thought of making the decision for her, hoping that would help.

Flea – yes, it is my first and only grandchild

Michele NC
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,687 Member
    Sorry, couldn't resist this one.
    a3mcjdepx1tn.jpg

Love Heather UK xxxxxx

I’m taking a copy of this to send to the other management at the home.

Thanks for sharing
    Tracey
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    RV is under discussion. I t is O L D. We are wondering weather there and nack ir a reasonable choise. Advice welcon.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,638 Member
    Well i fell asleep around 6 pm and was awake after 9 pm so just watching TV ,im sure i will go back to sleep eventually, i know one of you said sleep when your tired,so I have been doing just that..
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    😴
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,687 Member
    sh0tzz99 wrote: »
    We went to a couple of yard sales today. Our grandson though this was a brilliant invention. fm0hgqp65wg7.jpeg

I think it is a brilliant invention. The cubes actually came out of the tray without having to bang it on the counter or run hot water over the bottom. :smiley:

My grandson as he was telling us it was a brilliant invention was exaggerating how difficult it is to twist and bang to get ice cubes out. Lol
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,786 Member
    Got kicked by one of the horses today when I was letting them into the back pasture. I make them stand still until I get the gate open but then Ruby the Arab went roaring past me through the gate and kicked sideways at me. She caught me just above and behind the right hip. No injuries except a big bruise. I have been icing it off and on this evening.

Terri - Happy birthday!

Allie - take it easy please.

Katla - would your DH be more amenable to traveling in a smaller RV? Maybe he feels there is too much setup, etc. With the big one.

Everyone take care Sue in WA
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 838 Member
    had a post, something weird happened to the display, I clicked on the back button thinking it would restore the display, but no, it deleted the post and put me back to square one. sigh.
    It was already getting late, so I'm just going to send hugs for those who need them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to the newbies!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,124 Member
    Sue - here's hoping your bruise goes down quickly! :o

Hardly slept at all. All that techno nonsense fired up my adrenaline and lots of anxious thoughts were fighting for superiority. :sad:
    In the end, having tried every relaxing technique known to wise people, I gave in and comforted myself with a design magazine. :D Actually found a new shade of pink worth investigating, so it wasn't time wasted. P.us an accent colour in a grey-blue.
    We are hoping to stroll down to the Dulux shop soon and get a better look. You can’t buy the mixer testers online, only in store. It's easy walking distance.
    This pink was Potters Pink from the Heritage range,which I think is only advertising speak for charging more. However, I can order testers of that range.

Another sunny day. No girly Zoom. It's tomorrow afternoon instead, because G is working. I could really do with a chat.

DH is out tomorrow, walking with his cricket friend. Pub lunch. Thst means I can make one of my strange concoctions. Usually something very spicy.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx