What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,724 Member
    30'-ish yoga - stretch - foam roll.
    5274m machine row, 2:32.6 avg pace, 16 spm avg, below 70% HR reserve.

Took an extra day off yesterday (except the yoga etc.) , no great justification or rationale, just slacking. 🤷‍♀️
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,329 Member
    Today so far I'm sitting in a ferry terminal waiting for my boat back to shore. Last two days I've visited two islands. On the first I walked some 15km over sandy beach, marshland, and sand dunes, and on the second cycled some 40km and walked around 10km over terrain where I could not cycle. My Garmin watch told me I was slightly stressed out and maybe a mild workout might be exactly what I needed at the end of both days :D
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    yirara wrote: »
    Today so far I'm sitting in a ferry terminal waiting for my boat back to shore. Last two days I've visited two islands. On the first I walked some 15km over sandy beach, marshland, and sand dunes, and on the second cycled some 40km and walked around 10km over terrain where I could not cycle. My Garmin watch told me I was slightly stressed out and maybe a mild workout might be exactly what I needed at the end of both days :D

Sounds like a great way to spend a couple days!
  • Djproulx
    First of two swim fitness tests this morning. 500 yards of warmup, then a 400 yd test, 4min recovery then a 200 yd test. Lungs were on fire.
    As an adult onset swimmer, I'm not as adept at maintaining good form as I fatigue during higher intensity swims. I'd much rather suffer on the bike or the run, lol.

Rest day tomorrow.
  • vougisglyforged
    vougisglyforged Posts: 1 Member
    edited April 2021
    I'm following the Push, Pull, Legs routine these days. I can see really good results with it. I gained about 4 kg weight in 2 months and very good strength with it. I'm also very good at Pull-ups now.
    Anyways, Push Day for me today:

Incline bench press 4 x 10
    Flat DB press 4 x 12
    Pec Deck Flyes 4 x 12
    Shoulder Press 4 x 10
    Side Lateral Raises 4 x 12
    Tricep pushdowns 4 x 12
    Skull crushers 4 x 12

Treadmill walking 20 minutes.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,958 Member
    Yoga then...

Handstand Wall Holds - 25-25-25-25-20s (2m)
    Pull-ups - 6-6-6-6-5 (29r)
    Kettle Bell Swings - 10-10-10-10-10 (50r)
    Hollow Body Holds - 25-25-25-25-20s (2m)

Stomach vacuums later tonight. 6x20s (2m)
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    So been a bit sidelined as of late. First, had a back procedure that gave me a couple of stitches so had to wait 2 weeks for that to heal, then immediately threw my back out (unrelated). So just got back into the swing of things last week.

Went back to C25K Week 4 to get my running legs back, I'm on W5D2 as of today. Doing VERY light weight/body weight work so I don't compromise my back again, too. Lots of walking mixed in when the weather will allow as well.

So today: 2.33 miles running/walking
  • Severen725
    Severen725 Posts: 84 Member
    Jari Love - Ripped and Chiseled
  • sweetdaisy13
    sweetdaisy13 Posts: 357 Member
    1.5 mile walk during my lunch break and 40 minute rebounding workout this evening, including 8 minutes of planks/isometric exercises.
  • MrsKiserblade
    MrsKiserblade Posts: 8 Member
    Today was my favorite! LEG 🦵 Day. 30 minutes with my personal trainer. Then a podiatry appt for a cortisone injection in my foot. I'm praying I can workout tomorrow.
  • AnnPT77
    * 30' or so of yoga/stretching/foam rolling
    * 5.14 mile walk, 3.9mph average pace
    * 24' upper body supersets, light weights
    * 30' easy pace stationary bike (65% HR reserve and below)

Combo of light snow and sunshine (sometimes simultaneously!) on the walk: Gotta love Spring in Michigan, because . . . really, what's the alternative? 😆🤣 Not gonna move.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    Tuesday
    I visited my parents. It's the first time I've seen them since my Dad's cancer diagnosis (and subsequent chemo and remission.) It was good - they seemed well.

It was 8 hours' driving, so I didn't get much exercise in, just 16,000 steps.

Wednesday
    I went to the climbing gym. I was terrible - worse than my first session since lock-down ended. It was 90 minutes, and I was still doing harder stuff at the end, so my endurance was at least OK.

I tried to avoid gyms before seeing my folks, due to risks from new Rona variants. Now I'm unlikely to see them for at least another month, I may start to go a bit more frequently again.
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Got in a quick circuit training workout this morning. 3 rounds of push ups, pull ups, goblet squats, single leg deadlifts, and various core exercises (leg lifts, planks, side plank/lifts, etc). Plus a 1 mile walk this morning during a break at work. I'll try for another one this afternoon...
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Got a late start today and only did 6K on the rower. First night of a new social golf league this evening. They make you get a cart to move play along faster, but I hope to get at least some walking in while walking to the ball (and I'm not a great golfer, so that could end up quite a bit!).
  • alexmose2
    alexmose2 Posts: 208 Member
    Upper body. was so gassed, i missed a set of bicep curls and abs. oh well. legs tomorrow.
  • AnnPT77
    30'-ish yoga - stretch - foam roll.
    5327m machine row, 2:32.9 avg pace, 18 spm avg, slipped above 70% HR reserve for 43" (heh), otherwise below.
    33' core exercises.
  • Djproulx
    Rest day yesterday, so I'm back to fitness testing today.
    Second swim test of the week this morning, a timed 1,000 yard effort after roughly 500yds of warm up laps. Don't yet have full swim speed back, but my
    endurance is improving.
    Today's other test will be a timed 5k run after work.
  • TinaLeigh67
    TinaLeigh67 Posts: 669 Member
    Upper body yesterday, legs tonight after work and possibly a walk. Depends on weather for the walk
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited April 2021
    8 rounds of Supersetting weights for 30 minutes. HR got up to 80% max during that. Then did 2 X 1000m rows. Around 45 minutes total, 50 including the rowing break, waiting for HR to come down.