The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• merdenoms1969
    merdenoms1969 Posts: 11 Member
    Hello, Everyone turning 52 in about 8 days. My profile picture is current. I would add all of you as friends, but unfortunately I dont know how. So if anyone would like to tell me how to add people as friends, or send me friend requests. I would be happy to accept. Thanks everyone.
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Hello, Everyone turning 52 in about 8 days. My profile picture is current. I would add all of you as friends, but unfortunately I dont know how. So if anyone would like to tell me how to add people as friends, or send me friend requests. I would be happy to accept. Thanks everyone.

Tap on the name, tap on the name again and then tap on the icon of the two people to send a friend request. You can add a message, but the message never sends these days
  • Versicolour
    Hello peeps. I have been dragged onto another app by my friend, which gives quick home workouts ranging from 7 minutes to 37 minutes. I am actually enjoying it, but realizing how unfit I am, despite my karate once a week (probably because it is only once a week). It is nice just to do 12 minutes here and 8 minutes there
  • drollings2019
    drollings2019 Posts: 95 Member
    @Versicolour I love those little workouts that are easy to fit into a busy schedule!

Every time I get inspired to get healthy, I go at it too much. Huge calorie reduction, really restrict food and 30-60 minute workouts every night. While it works, I seem to get myself overwhelmed and give up quickly. I am trying something different this time. Right now, I am starting out just tracking calories and walking, fitting in other workouts when it works. Once I am in a good spot mentally with the tracking, I plan to narrow down the macros and add in more strength training. I might not be losing weight as fast as I could, but I feel pretty good right now and feel like I am making better choices. And, I have been consistent for 3 weeks, which is about 2 weeks and 5 days longer than I have been in a long time!
  • Lyft4Life
    Lyft4Life Posts: 9 Member
    Hey there! I've just returned to MFP after a few years absence. Stayed on track until last year then covid hit and the gyms being closed plus isolation really threw me off. Now ready to focus and get back to being in the best shape of my life. The plan is to build muscle then shred. I'd really appreciate some friends to help hold me accountable. Thanks..... Be Unstoppable!
  • NorthStar77
    NorthStar77 Posts: 1,069 Member
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    Gained 10lbs since New Year!
    😡

Need you lovely people to keep me on track.

Ut oh.. :#

Yep, although I can kind of put it down to the steroids I'm taking for my lupus.
    Non-stop starving

Im sorry to hear about the Lupus, is that a recent diagnosis?
    Steroids are notorious for weight gain I've heard.

Yeah - diagnosed in December after a year of agony and misery.

Sorry to hear about the diagnosis. Hope the meds help.

Thanks
  • InsanityFan1
    InsanityFan1 Posts: 50 Member
    41, feel free to add me, started off awesome for a year, finally back at it after faltering big time. Looking for support!
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,191 Member
    7u8bb5r8tzm6.jpg
    Happy Wednesday
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member

To add friends on MFP on the desktop app:

1) Click on the username in the left sidebar. A window showing the username will open.
    2) Click on the username again. The user's profile will open.
    3) Click on the "Add Friend" button on the user's profile page. There is an option to send a message along with the request. That's always a good idea - just a short note mentioning where you saw the user, some common interests or goals, etc.

Will send you a friend request.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member

1) Click on the username in the left sidebar. A window showing the username will open.
    3) Click on the "Add Friend" button on the user's profile page. There is an option to send a message along with the request. That's always a good idea - just a short note mentioning where you saw the user, some common interests or goals, etc.

Morning Steve 🙂 just wanna mention whilst there is a place to add a message they can no longer be viewed. It stinks but that feature was disabled apparently. So, unfortunately people are sending heartfelt please add me notes and the recipient will just see request with no words. 😒
  • slimgirljo15
    Good morning Middle-agers, I hope you all hit your goals for the day and week :)
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member

Morning Steve 🙂 just wanna mention whilst there is a place to add a message they can no longer be viewed. It stinks but that feature was disabled apparently. So, unfortunately people are sending heartfelt please add me notes and the recipient will just see request with no words. 😒

Thanks, Jo. Someone else mentioned that, too. The programmers should remove the option if it is not functional.

You have to hope they don't think you're a bot. I will change that in the future. I have started sending a note after someone adds me.
  • slimgirljo15

Thanks, Jo. Someone else mentioned that, too. The programmers should remove the option if it is not functional.

You have to hope they don't think you're a bot. I will change that in the future. I have started sending a note after someone adds me.

I agree , it should be removed if it doesn't work. Unfortunately there's a whole lot of peeps that have probably been declined for not adding a message when in fact they did.

Yeah, I do the same an introduce myself message. 🙂
  • kryvons
    kryvons Posts: 107 Member
    I’m in my 30s and would like to have some friends. I can get pretty quiet from time to time but I am active and enjoy seeing others success.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Good to know that now that I'm 36, I qualify for "middle age". :grimace:

I've been here since 2017, though.. and I was definitely not 36 then. :lol:
  • Versicolour
    Good to know that now that I'm 36, I qualify for "middle age". :grimace:

I've been here since 2017, though.. and I was definitely not 36 then. :lol:

So good to have you finally join us! I have been stalking this board for a few years now.
  • angnewcomb
    angnewcomb Posts: 13 Member
    A place for us middle agers to become friends and share fitness advice.

40 here! I'm on a mission to become more fit and healthy than I was in my 20's!
  • afelonsworld85
    afelonsworld85 Posts: 6 Member
    Im turning 36 in 6 months...am I in the right place?? :|
  • caw047
    caw047 Posts: 1 Member
    New add me!