CORE!...Yeah, it sucks.

Now that the diet is under control, it's time to work on that core strength. It's such a grind though! My least favorite thing to do at the gym. I'd love to get a group going for daily core work check ins. Let me know if you're interested.

~Matt

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I've been trying to incorporate more core lately. Today I did a step routine that had about 8 min of plank variations at the end.
  • AuthorMatthewV
    AuthorMatthewV Posts: 85 Member
    Planks are a great core exercise! Nice work on that! I’ve been doing some plank, crunch, And side work. Not going to lie...I hate it. Lol. It’s just so boring!!!!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Just wanted to mention that an ab roller was the best thing I ever did for my core. Less boring and more effective than planks or crunches since it hits the eccentric motion. They cost almost nothing for a cheap plastic one or you can use a dumbbell or barbell at the gym.
  • AirForce31415
    AirForce31415 Posts: 7 Member
    You should try a Military MARSOC... it sucks but it works miracles
  • DancingMoosie
    3x8 weighted core work...
    Center jack knife and mermaid on each side
  • AuthorMatthewV
    AuthorMatthewV Posts: 85 Member
    3x8 weighted core work...
    Center jack knife and mermaid on each side

Moosie! Great work!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,409 Member
    Speaketh English, please Ms Moosie.

I’m wierd. I love planks and I like crunches, roll ups, etc. I guess because I couldn’t do them at all once upon a time, and now I just enjoy knowing I can do them and like to bust them out every oppprtunity.
  • DancingMoosie
    Idk what else they're called. Sydney calls these side jack knife things mermaid, so...
    I like them because you are on your side glute and don't hurt your tailbone.
  • DoubleG2
    DoubleG2 Posts: 121 Member
    Just a thought - you may want to consider adding the five main compound lifts to your workout. Proper technique for barbell bench press, squats, dead lifts, rows and over head press require the core to be tightly engaged to stabilize the body. If you're new to lifting a 5x5 program would be a good place to begin. Without knowing your current plan it's difficult to offer a complete suggestion.
  • MissBraeBee
    MissBraeBee Posts: 40 Member
    Now that the diet is under control, it's time to work on that core strength. It's such a grind though! My least favorite thing to do at the gym. I'd love to get a group going for daily core work check ins. Let me know if you're interested.

~Matt

Might sound silly, but to stabilize my core, I use a yoga ball/physio ball! You can do squats or the bridge on it and I found it engage your core pretty good. Doing the plank on the ball is a challenge for sure!
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,246 Member
    Wow, all good ideas, I will try some as my core is my weak point.
  • DancingMoosie
    I did this today:
    https://youtu.be/7t2IzgEMG5Y
  • elisagoldsmith1993
    elisagoldsmith1993 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello I’m new and would love some support :)