The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 398 Member
    @RubyRed427 That's a great friend. I have a good friend I go to dinner with a few times a month, and the only time she drinks is with me. Won't she be happy when I order a hot tea. LOL.
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,155 Member
    edited April 2021
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    Jumping in because I need to. I'm married to an overweight alcoholic who smokes a pack of cigarettes a day, maybe he'll stretch it out to two days but usually every 45-60 minutes he's outside puffing. The cigarettes and alcohol are great companions to each other and he's a nasty, hateful, controlling drunk to me. It's unbelievably hard. I would not wish what I go through, how I am treated, on anyone. It's horrible...

My aunt lived something similar to what you're living with. IT Never got better; but it got progressively worse. And sadly, because she stayed, her sons saw this example and modeled it (in their father).

Does he ever say that he should cut back? Does he feel remorse or regret?
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,155 Member
    chicbuc wrote: »
    @RubyRed427 That's a great friend. I have a good friend I go to dinner with a few times a month, and the only time she drinks is with me. Won't she be happy when I order a hot tea. LOL.

I'm sure she will follow your lead :)